Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    What a quick off season though. I think this forum needed it lol.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Fair enough maybe that wasnít the best trade idea. But Iíve got you thinking. So what do you think a fair trade would be to land Winslow? Iíd like to see some other options where we could land him and keep Siakam&FVV

I completely agree with you about Winslow, heís the main guy I want back in the trade to pair up with Siakam as I think the two of them would work nicely together with their length. Also Iíd like to see Winslow start at the PG, heís a tall athletic player that can run the point and youíre right he showed flashes there last year but Miami needs to dedicate him to the position in order for him to flourish in that role. Heís already stated him self that heís working to be the staring pg for them. Heís the most intriguing of all their trade assets.
    I really love Winslow too. Seeing a lot of these bigger PG's come into the league, he is the perfect counter punch. And he can slide to SG or SF (or even PF) if the matchup needed. If you are athletic, versatile and a strong consistent defender, there is always a role for you. If you can hit open 3's and run and offense on top of that?.. it is really rare. There will always be room in the league for smart basketball players who can shoot like FVV, but I do see coaches being quite playful with positions these days. Height length are huge assets defensively, but they don't always determine position anymore (it is still relevant obviously, but bigger players can play down the lineup if they are athletic enough. No 6'0 player will be playing C though).

To your question, I'm really not sure what we could offer for him. They are huge on Adebayo. They liked him better than Whiteside. Gasol offers more short-term, but not long-term. They are rumored to have an agreement to acquire Paul (so I read yesterday) from OKC. Not sure Lowry makes sense in that scenario. I'm not sure what value Ibaka has with his contract. Useful role player for sure, but he is a far cry from the guy he used to be. I'm not sure why Heat would deal Winslow to us at all to be honest.
    Last edited by pebloemer; 10-02-2019 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I really love Winslow too. Seeing a lot of these bigger PG's come into the league, he is the perfect counter punch. And he can slide to SG or SF (or even PF) if the matchup needed. If you are athletic, versatile and a strong consistent defender, there is always a role for you. If you can hit open 3's and run and offense on top of that?.. it is really rare. There will always be room in the league for smart basketball players who can shoot like FVV, but I do see coaches being quite playful with positions these days. Height length are huge assets defensively, but they don't always determine position anymore (it is still relevant obviously, but bigger players can play down the lineup if they are athletic enough. No 6'0 player will be playing C though).

To your question, I'm really not sure what we could offer for him. They are huge on Adebayo. They liked him better than Whiteside. Gasol offers more short-term, but not long-term. They are rumored to have an agreement to acquire Paul (so I read yesterday) from OKC. Not sure Lowry makes sense in that scenario. I'm not sure what value Ibaka has with his contract. Useful role player for sure, but he is a far cry from the guy he used to be. I'm not sure why Heat would deal Winslow to us at all to be honest.
    I think Ibaka has value after the strong showing in the playoffs.

Iím not expecting anything crazy, but I think we will see some trades similar to when MU traded Vasquez to the bucks for a future 1st. MU loves those value deals as do i.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I think Ibaka has value after the strong showing in the playoffs.

Iím not expecting anything crazy, but I think we will see some trades similar to when MU traded Vasquez to the bucks for a future 1st. MU loves those value deals as do i.
    Seems like a fair expectation. He is probably the guy I'm more interested in flipped for a future asset.

That report about the Paul trade being a ďdone dealĒ was the most misleading things I ever read. Itís just a trade idea by some analyst.

I donít think the two sides are close to a deal at all.

The Heat will be looking to make moves if the Chris Paul trades falls apart. Their current roster around Butler isnít good enough. And when looking at last years championship squad Lowry/Gasol/Ibaka were all instrumental in that run so a combination of them could be enticing enough for the Heat to bite.

Youíre right they are high on Bam, and Hero was a good pick for them, but I think they would be willing to part with Winslow, Waiters, Ollynyk, Dragic etc if it meant getting a star player like Lowry or proven vets like Gasol&Ibaka.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    That report about the Paul trade being a ďdone dealĒ was the most misleading things I ever read. Itís just a trade idea by some analyst.

I donít think the two sides are close to a deal at all.

The Heat will be looking to make moves if the Chris Paul trades falls apart. Their current roster around Butler isnít good enough. And when looking at last years championship squad Lowry/Gasol/Ibaka were all instrumental in that run so a combination of them could be enticing enough for the Heat to bite.

Youíre right they are high on Bam, and Hero was a good pick for them, but I think they would be willing to part with Winslow, Waiters, Ollynyk, Dragic etc if it meant getting a star player like Lowry or proven vets like Gasol&Ibaka.
    I think the heat would look really good if they added any combination of Gasol/Lowry/Ibaka. I want herro badly. I would go 1 for 1 trade for one of our centres.

Iím just so on the fence about trading Lowry. I would probably only move him if he requested it. Itís a tough one because I would be very happy to see a full rebuild with some high picks and extra draft picks/cap for MU to work with.

I think we can win 50 games, but itís fools gold and itís based on quality of competition and depth - aka not playoff success.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I think we can win 50 games, but itís fools gold and itís based on quality of competition and depth - aka not playoff success.
    Yeah that perspective on it as well

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    It will all depend on where the Raptors are in the playoff picture. Masai has already stated that he's about winning and kind of dismissed rebuilding. I expect him to keep the team as is and possibly add if they look like they can compete with the Sixers and Bucks.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    This is the direction I am seeing as well. MU will try to remain competitive this season unless major injuries play a role. I am also intrigued by the report that raptors are checking out Lemelo ball. Given he is projected to be a top pick, I guess plan B if things go south?

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    This is the direction I am seeing as well. MU will try to remain competitive this season unless major injuries play a role. I am also intrigued by the report that raptors are checking out Lemelo ball. Given he is projected to be a top pick, I guess plan B if things go south?
    Or they don't believe he's really a lotto pick and will be available later.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Or they don't believe he's really a lotto pick and will be available later.
    There are a lot of reasons why he could fall in the draft. Definitely the type of high ceiling talent MU likes to target in the draft.

45-50 wins. 50 is possible given the coaching, veterans and roster with guys who know how to play.

Making the 2nd round would be slightly over-achieveing.

Pascal makes the all star team. OG gets considered for MIP.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    1 of Ibaka or Gasol gets dealt at the TDL. I have a hard time seeing Masai holding onto 3 veteran expiring deals. I still think we get 4th or 5th and are a 2nd round exit.
    I'd trade Ibaka. Marc appears to be the type to re-sign for cheap. Hes also competitive and might give that discount elsewhere for a title run (maybe even back to Barcelona). He seems loyal as well though so he'd give strong consideration to re-up at a discounted price. OTOH you have to see what others are willing to give up for him. He has more value vs. Ibaka since people/execs could possibly view him as the piece that out them over at the TDL. If he can net us back what we got from Memphis or better, I think you might have to do it. But our record will also indicate if we are seller or buyers in relation to Marc as well.

Not sure I agree with the bolded. For this coming season, organizational culture and development of some of the younger players holds more value for me.
    Especially after Kawhi bolted. You want to maintain a strong image/culture that values winning and treating players the right way and with class as much as you can. Players (FA's) will take notice.

50 wins, 2nd round exit. Big decisions to make on FVV, Lowry, Ibaka, Gasol but they all finish the season as Raptors.
    this.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast