Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Aside from the last play on Dawson, I thought he had a pretty good game. All things considered..thrust into the starting lineup...he looked respectable. Actually had me thinking how the secondary could look with him in the nickel and Kareem back at safety.

I guess it's a theme to completely do the opposite of what your coach preaches. Cause this "death by inches" slogan clearly isn't working.

Our tackling is ATROCIOUS. We now see why Bausby was held out of the rotation till this point....he's an awful tackler. The guy missed at least 4 tackles today. He had an up and down day in coverage...but his tackling is clearly a weakness.

We now see why demarcus Walker was inactive for so long under the Joseph regime...he's a liability in the running game...and he just doesn't bring that much of an impact in the pass rushing department...despite his sack today.

Hell, whoever is lined up against their LT is a liability in the running game. Shelby is completely out of place as that two gap NT. How Fangio AND STAFF have not noticed this is beyond comprehension. How Fangio and staff have not noticed that their best and biggest IDL is completely available and can help with this shotty run defense is bizarre. This is literally the only reason why Purcell is on the roster. To be that two gapping NT that Fangio has run for decades!

The offense had it's moments where it completely shined...those skill position players were fun to watch....

but this defense....under this touted "genius" of a coach...has completely soul snatched the life out of this team and expectations. It is astonishing how bad this unit is. Like...they don't do a single thing well on defense. And honestly....that's on the scheme of this coach of ours. This was, at the very least, a top 10 unit overall.
    assuming walker is really that bad that would reduce our 2017 draft to Garrett Bolles who I don't need to talk about and Jake Butt. making it another draft in the history of drafts that produce nearly nothing for this team.

did you guys realize that john elway has drafted I believe 3 pro bowl players. Von miller, Julius Thomas, and Malik Jackson. I kinda cheated in that Chris harris and lindsay weren't drafted, but even then its like wow. thats over 9 drafts.

And for the record, I'm completely fine giving Scangs and Fangio 3 years. I don't mind the way Scangs is calling plays tbh and it's so damn clear that we don't have the personnel for Fangio's scheme. Brittle Bryce Callahan is really what's screwing this defense over.

Even if Callahan was healthy it was only a matter of time before the bigger issue would actually appear.

Our d-line is soft man. The 5 tech off the LT is a huge issue...been all year. Wolfe is an asset but his best days are behind him. And poor Shelby Harris has been miscasted as to the 2 gapping NT. Shelby has been a non factor basically the entire year. And it's strictly from scheme fit.

Also, to note, Jewell's absence from the game more than likely played a bigger role than any could of possibly imagined....so that just goes to the ILB issue.

It's so crazy how Fangio, who evidently lobbied for a guy like Purcell (warning Elway that he might like Purcell when they signed him), refuses to play him.

Wolfe basically came out and implied this defense is uncomfortable. When you have a guy that blatantly admits that the defense is "complex"...guys just aren't getting it. This thing was set up for trouble from the start...and I ignored it. It needed time...a lot of time. And we just didn't have it.

There were simply just too many new pieces to make this a smooth transition. I was prepared for the offensive growing pains....I simply didn't consider the defensive side

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    And for the record, I'm completely fine giving Scangs and Fangio 3 years. I don't mind the way Scangs is calling plays tbh and it's so damn clear that we don't have the personnel for Fangio's scheme. Brittle Bryce Callahan is really what's screwing this defense over.
    I'm fine with it too. Scangs has been improving week by week and that is so awesome to see. You can see the vision with the offense. Got to hit those skill position players and upgrade that OL....and if we can hit on Lock...this could get really fun.

Fangio's ideals and philosophy may be sound...but it's a bit disappointing how he is a "you got to fit into my scheme guy" instead of adjusting with what you have. No reason why this unit is worse than Joseph's.

This defense is his unit. His handiwork. A defense that could finish has us at 2-2 at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    assuming walker is really that bad that would reduce our 2017 draft to Garrett Bolles who I don't need to talk about and Jake Butt. making it another draft in the history of drafts that produce nearly nothing for this team.

did you guys realize that john elway has drafted I believe 3 pro bowl players. Von miller, Julius Thomas, and Malik Jackson. I kinda cheated in that Chris harris and lindsay weren't drafted, but even then its like wow. thats over 9 drafts.
    Walker has gotten better this year. I have to give him that...but he's not starter material. It doesn't take a scout to see how small and outmatched he is in the running game. This defense doesn't fit his skill-set. And his redeeming skill...is not all that impactful.

Some of those drafts caught up to Elway...but it doesn't help that there has been so much turnover in the coaching staff...just no stability these years. New OC's, new HC's, new DC's....new defensive scheme this go round... constant new offensive schemes..

So folks can bring up the drafts all they want...but this merry go round of coaches is more impactful. Each have their different vision/ideals/players...etc etc. Elway has done a much better job recently but that is something folks are zeroing in on.

Or.... They both suck. Flacco is having the type of devastating turnovers that Keenum had last year.
    Dude, Flacco is seriously not THE problem. He may not be THE answer...but he's not THE problem.

He's already had 2 GW drives this season...completely foiled by the defense. It's not perfect...but Flacco has been moving the ball at a significantly better clip since 2014 PFM.

It's kinda sad that he's going to need to be delegated to the bench once Lock is good to go but if the defense was ANY bit as advertised coming into the season...we'd be in a position where we would have a winning record now.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Dude, Flacco is seriously not THE problem. He may not be THE answer...but he's not THE problem.

He's already had 2 GW drives this season...completely foiled by the defense. It's not perfect...but Flacco has been moving the ball at a significantly better clip since 2014 PFM.

It's kinda sad that he's going to need to be delegated to the bench once Lock is good to go but if the defense was ANY bit as advertised coming into the season...we'd be in a position where we would have a winning record now.
    Look. When a team is 0-4, there isn't only one problem. Right now it's a bad defense and costly turnovers. Blame the defense for the Bears game because they deserve it. But don't fail to consider that if Flacco doesn't throw a pick at the 5 yard line, the Bears need more than a FG to beat us... And that's because our offense could only muster 14 points in the first place.

Yesterday Flacco takes points off the board for us and gives them to the Jaguars with an awful pick.

Against the Packers, Flacco turns the ball inner inside our own 20 and then throws an awful pick.

It's the same ****, different year at the QB position. Sure he's the best we've had since Manning, but that's not saying much. And no, it's not "Kinda sad that he's going to be delegated to the bench." He's proven that he's a complimentary QB who needs the rest of the team to be very strong in order to be successful. We're best suited to move on from a QB like that ASAP.

Again, no one is saying that the defense doesn't suck. They've been terrible. But we haven't won a game and the QB shares that blame.

man who would have geussed that not fixing the MLB and DT spots since Danny and Malik left would come back and bite us.

Bradley Chubb tore his ACL and is done for the year...

Pack it in folks. Sell players like CHJ and start the rebuild.

New series for me at MHH with 'Monday's Musings'.

Post Week 4 Loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars:

The 2019 Denver Broncos' season is over after four games and losing each contest. Things will get worse before they get bigger considering how the schedule plays out and now that Bradley Chubb will miss the remainder of the 2019 season with a torn ACL.
    How did the #Broncos get to this point? Who is at fault? And what to do now?
    https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...n-beyond-2019/

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    A lot of fire sale talk today. I had big hopes for this team this year.. they were realistic i feel -- 9-7 to 10-6 with wild card aspirations.

Assuming the Broncos do become sellers, which vets do you feel are on the list and what do you think they can get in return. I think the obvious two are CHJ and Sanders. I'd be completely disheartened if Von we to go, even if he did bring back a kings ransom.

I think CHJ could bring back a 1st, or possibly a 2nd and 3rd in two different drafts. He's getting up there in age but if Jalen Ramsey is worth two 1sts and a new contract, i think Harris could definitely fetch a 1st. As for Sanders i dont think he would get us anything better than a 4th.

Harris
    Wolfe
    Jackson
    Shelby
    Sanders
    Flacco (Won't happen, but maybe a QB gets hurt or something lol)
    Todd Davis

Those are all players that we should be looking to unload.

I don't want to trade Von but if he nets us a haul, I'd strongly consider it because we're a couple years away from being competitive.

Harris
    Wolfe
    Jackson
    Shelby
    Sanders
    Flacco (Won't happen, but maybe a QB gets hurt or something lol)
    Todd Davis

Those are all players that we should be looking to unload.

I don't want to trade Von but if he nets us a haul, I'd strongly consider it because we're a couple years away from being competitive.
    We lost 2 of 4 games by 2 points with game winning field goals as the last play. Pretty sure that's competitive.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    man who would have geussed that not fixing the MLB and DT spots since Danny and Malik left would come back and bite us.
    It's not like we just ignored these spots. Danny T and Malik were upper tier to elite type talents....those aren't easy to replace and combine that Malik was going to get paid big time and Danny T was/is a health issue...these are moves that are pretty much hindsight enforced.

I knew in my heart that Malik would hurt the most. That type of interior disruption is so coveted and necessary in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    We lost 2 of 4 games by 2 points with game winning field goals as the last play. Pretty sure that's competitive.
    We've lost 8 games in a row... That's not competitive lol

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast