Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Take away best 2

With all these teams with dynamic duos, I wanted to get a sense of who had the best supporting casts around them out West. There's some top heavy teams with mehh depth imo but I wanted to hear what yall think. Excluding their two best players, which team has the best group around their big two?

Clips:
    Beverly
    Shamet/ Lou Will
    Mo Harkless
    JaMychal Green
    Zubac/ Montrezl

Lakers
    Rondo/Cook/Caruso
    Green/Bradley
    KCP
    Kuzma/Dudley
    Dwight/Mcgee

Rockets
    Rivers
    Gordon/Green
    House/Sefolosha
    Tucker
    Capela/Chandler

Warriors
    Russell
    Klay(when healthy)/Burks
    McKinney/Evans
    Paschall
    Looney/Cauley-Stein

Jazz
    Conley/Exum
    O'neal
    Bogdonavic
    Ingles/Jeff Green
    Davis

Nuggets
    Morris
    Harris/Barton
    Craig/Porter Jr.
    Millsap/Grant
    Plumlee

Trailblazers
    Simons
    Bazemore/Hezonja
    Hood
    Collins/Tolliver
    Whiteside

BIG 3

The best group minus their two stars is the Jazz imo. The best group around their two stars is the Warriors. The best group with their two stars is the Clippers, if that makes any sense. West is gonna be rough this year.

Don't see why Klay is listed since he'll be out most of the year. Feels disingenuous tbh. With this in mind, definitely the Clippers, Rockets or Jazz. All 3 have solid supporting casts. Also I'd argue that Conley is better than Mitchell at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    The best group minus their two stars is the Jazz imo. The best group around their two stars is the Warriors. The best group with their two stars is the Clippers, if that makes any sense. West is gonna be rough this year.
    I totally get what you're saying. Idk about the warriors though. They look worrisome to me.

BIG 3

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    Don't see why Klay is listed since he'll be out most of the year. Feels disingenuous tbh. With this in mind, definitely the Clippers, Rockets or Jazz. All 3 have solid supporting casts. Also I'd argue that Conley is better than Mitchell at the moment.
    Wasn't tryna be disingenuous which is why I wrote when healthy. I guess I could've left him off but I just mean by years end.

I also think Conley may be better than Mitchell but I'd say mitchell is their engine so I made he and Rudy be the guys I omit.

Also, I guess I wanted to point out how wack the lakers roster is outside of their big two. Granted, they probably have the most talented big two but theres a steep drop from their 3rd and 4th best player imo.

Why are the Rockets on the list? They donít have a dynamic duo..

It's going to come down to chemistry and how guys mesh. Some guys play better in a certain system, way, off of certain players. Stats can get skewed because of fit. Lakers have a tonne of new guys. Clippers have to adjust to playing with two all nbaers. Other teams added significant players as well.

Nuggets have the most continuity imo. Warriors have almost a totally new bench.

All these teams have capable talent, but I think we'll have a better gauge by 2020.

Denver was the deepest team last season, albeit not the most talented. I especially like the small-ball potential with Milsap at center, Grant at power forward and a bunch of athletic scoring wings like Harris, Morris, Beasley and Barton. If Porter Jr. comes along, that team's damn-near unstoppable.

Quote Originally Posted by Htownballa1622 View Post
    Warriors
    Russell
    Klay(when healthy)/Burks
    McKinney/Evans
    Paschall
    Looney/Cauley-Stein
    I'd argue that Klay is more a part of the Big Two than Green ó really, they're still a big three and probably shouldn't be in this thread. Take the other Splash Brother out and you're left with a back court of Russell and Burks. That's still a feisty team led by Green. They're the best defensive team.
    Last edited by mrblisterdundee; 09-29-2019 at 10:08 AM.

based on the list given its the Jazz and its not particularly close.