Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Least secure coaching jobs

1) Frank Vogel - LAL
    He's already in an impossible position with a team short on depth. But what makes it worse is he may ultimately be sabotaged by his lead assistant in a power grab.

2) Brett Brown - PHI
    Was already about to be booted last May, but was given a summer of big spending and championship aspirations

3) Mike D'Antoni - HOU
    The fact they refused to extend him leads to the belief he's on an all or nothing leash. With GSW out of the way it's time to prove his worth.

Agree or disagree? Discuss.

Billy Donovan ... tanking teams often dump their coach, and a small dip in their performance could push them into full tank mode and do him in.

Whatshisname coach of the Wolves. KAT hasn't been happy even after Thibs was canned, Wiggins stalled progress ... so they may make a change if there isn't a big step.

I'd put Brooks on the list, but the Wizards are very slow to fire coaches and he's owed a lot of money still.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Billy Donovan ... tanking teams often dump their coach, and a small dip in their performance could push them into full tank mode and do him in.

Whatshisname coach of the Wolves. KAT hasn't been happy even after Thibs was canned, Wiggins stalled progress ... so they may make a change if there isn't a big step.

I'd put Brooks on the list, but the Wizards are very slow to fire coaches and he's owed a lot of money still.
    I think Brooks is safe for a few more years with such low expectations.

Pops been a excellent coach for a very long time. But I think its about that time he should step down.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post

It's a philosophical belief that Ted Leonsis learned from Abe Pollin regarding loyalty and why he has such a long leash with, at the very least, the GM/executives. In the NHL, he's certainly had his fair share of coaches, while only two GMs. So I'd agree with Brooks being on a short list, especially with Grunfeld out.

Lakers bash fest.