Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    For two years (guaranteed) of a guy making 35M with less than impressive home/away splits? No thanks.

Career Splits
    Home - .324/.380/.615/.995
    Away - .265/.323/..476/.799

2019 Splits
    Home - .351/.412/.645/1.057
    Away - .277/.346/.521/.866

2018 Splits
    Home - .347/.424/.682/1.105
    Away - .248/.325/.447/.772

Thatís two top 40 prospects from this year, plus another top 40 prospect from last year. Thatís insane. If ATL wanted to pay that much salary for that many years they would have just signed Rendon who they know can hit anywhere and saved their prospects.

I donít see an Arenado trade happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not at that price anyway. And Atl will want money in a deal for him.

Say we add Castellanos, what would the lineup look like? I assume:

Albies
    Castellanos
    Acuna
    Freeman
    Marky
    Riley
    Swanson
    D'Arnaud

While this looks great, behind Freddie, unless Riley shines and Swanson put up decent numbers, the back end looks pretty weak. Thoughts?

Not that I want the Dodgers to get Lindor, but what you think we make a trade for Seagar or Turner for prospects where the Dodgers can turn around put prospects together for Lindor? Say we get Turner and sign Castellanos, we would be set...
    Last edited by HowFit; 01-16-2020 at 09:29 AM.

I think if ATL got Castellanos (or Ozuna) they would bat 4th. Probably something like

Acuna
    Albies
    Freeman
    Castellanos
    Marky/Duvall
    Riley
    Swanson
    Catcher
    Pitcher

Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    Say we add Castellanos, what would the lineup look like? I assume:

Albies
    Castellanos
    Acuna
    Freeman
    Marky
    Riley
    Swanson
    D'Arnaud

While this looks great, behind Freddie, unless Riley shines and Swanson put up decent numbers, the back end looks pretty weak. Thoughts?
    While I donít think Castellanos is the guy, I just donít think theyíll sign him for multiple years block Pache or Waters. I do think whatever alleged power bat they bring in will hit behind Freeman. So if it is him Iíd think itíd be.....
    Swanson... assuming he gets it together
    Albies
    Acuna
    Freeman
    Castellanos/Ozuna/Puig.... RH Power Bat
    Markakis
    Riley
    díAnaurd

However Iíd like to see something a little weird such as...
    Albies
    Marky.while not a burner, high obp able to run
    Acuna
    Freeman
    Castellanos/ Ozuna/Puig
    díAnarud
    Riley
    Pitcher
    Swanson.

Swapping Swanson and Ender on the days Markakis doesnít play..... However I will say I think Ender will be the starter more often than not in CF.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    While I donít think Castellanos is the guy, I just donít think theyíll sign him for multiple years block Pache or Waters. I do think whatever alleged power bat they bring in will hit behind Freeman. So if it is him Iíd think itíd be.....
    Swanson... assuming he gets it together
    Albies
    Acuna
    Freeman
    Castellanos/Ozuna/Puig.... RH Power Bat
    Markakis
    Riley
    díAnaurd

However Iíd like to see something a little weird such as...
    Albies
    Marky.while not a burner, high obp able to run
    Acuna
    Freeman
    Castellanos/ Ozuna/Puig
    díAnarud
    Riley
    Pitcher
    Swanson.

Swapping Swanson and Ender on the days Markakis doesnít play..... However I will say I think Ender will be the starter more often than not in CF.
    So, why bat the pitcher 8th and give him more at bats than Swanson/Inciarte (whoever hits 9th)?

You KILL Albies speed in the 4 hole. Same with Acuna. Thatís the big problem with dropping them in the order. That and limiting their ABs.

Honestly, Albies line could be a 3-hole hitter. I think people forget how good he was last year - as a 22 yr old.

.295/.352/.500 - 43 doubles, 24 HR

I just canít get behind him batting lower than 3rd or having someone block him on the base paths.

Marte could be a good fit if Freeman is dropped to the 4 hole.

Albies
    Marte
    Acuna - gives him some more RBI chances
    Freeman
    Marky/Duvall
    Swanson
    Riley
    Catcher

Freeman would lose PAs in the setup. Last year he had 4.379 PA per game played in the 3 hole. JD has 4.251. So every 10 games Freeman would lose 1 AB, so maybe 20 on the year. That isnít awful.

I agree Albies speed doesn't mix well with the 4 hole but everything else about his game does. Batting him in the 2 hole is probably his best spot but with the way the roster is currently put together if we bat Acuna, Albies, and Freeman in that order again then we'll be seeing a huge drop off after them. Once their on base, who brings them in? I believe we will bring someone else in but what if we don't? Markakis cannot be our clean up hitter again. Nobody else is fit for that spot besides Acuna or Albies. I don't want to move Acuna out of the lead off spot. We may have to make some sacrifices to lengthen the lineup a bit. If we sign Ozuna/Castellanos or trade for Bryant/Marte then we don't have to worry about it.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

I don't understand why so many people want to move Acuna out of the lead off spot or move Freeman from the 3 hole?
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by hector olivera? View Post
    So, why bat the pitcher 8th and give him more at bats than Swanson/Inciarte (whoever hits 9th)?
    We will likely be pitch hitting after the sixth, so the differences in at bats over the season will be minimal. What will increase is the top of the orders chances of hitting with men on, rather than the pitcher hitting with men on. Just a theory, but Iíd like to see it fine on the consistent. Weíve tried it some last season, just inconstantly. I was indifferent to it, but with a less potent roster, Iíd like to see it fine consecutively over a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I don't understand why so many people want to move Acuna out of the lead off spot or move Freeman from the 3 hole?
    We need more than 101 rbiís For 40 HRs. And everything Freeman is good at, a great base runner he is not. Heíd be more productive and the team, if the speed and great base runners where on in front of him in my opinion. Iíd rather have the slow great hitter in the 4 hole. Unless he just has superior power, like a McGwire.

Plus, Freeman wonít lose that many PAs dropping to 4th. Maybe 20 PAs less on the year. But the lineup as a whole is deeper and more productive with Acuna having more RBI chances and Albies being featured at the top of the lineup. This is especially true if ATL adds a guy like Marte.

With the roster as is, moving Acuna off leadoff and Freeman to 4th helps deepen the lineup. It may not be preferred, but it may be best. Freeman would have a lot of RBI chances with Albies/Marte/Acuna in front of him. A LOT.

For two years (guaranteed) of a guy making 35M with less than impressive home/away splits? No thanks.

Career Splits
    Home - .324/.380/.615/.995
    Away - .265/.323/..476/.799

2019 Splits
    Home - .351/.412/.645/1.057
    Away - .277/.346/.521/.866

2018 Splits
    Home - .347/.424/.682/1.105
    Away - .248/.325/.447/.772

Thatís two top 40 prospects from this year, plus another top 40 prospect from last year. Thatís insane. If ATL wanted to pay that much salary for that many years they would have just signed Rendon who they know can hit anywhere and saved their prospects.

I donít see an Arenado trade happening.

I'm not going to get in a split argument, as I believe most players hit better at home. It's the comfort level IMO. To say Arenado wouldn't be a great player on any team, is ridiculous IMO. He was a top draft pick for a reason. Josh Donaldson had OPS under .800 on the road last year. I don't think trading 3 of our top prospects for 7 years of a perennial MVP candidate is insane. (Former rockies GM said if a trade went down with the Braves, Arenado would pick up the option right away)

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Agreed. You keep Acuna where he is. They tried it last year. He clearly is a different animal in the lead off spot

https://www.sportstalkatl.com/what-s...marcell-ozuna/

As I brought up before if Pache and Waters are in our OF future, Puig might be the guy. Heís the one that may sign a one year deal.

I think we could hypothetically land Puig in F/A and trade for Bryant without moving a Pache, Waters, or Anderson. If we get that done, that would be one of the ways I keep Acuna hitting lead off.
    Acuna
    Albies
    Bryant
    Freeman
    Puig
    Markais
    díAnaurd
    Swanson
    Pitcher
    Or
    Acuna
    Albies
    Bryant
    Freeman
    Puig
    Inciarte
    díAnaurd
    Pitcher
    Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by BraveWorld23 View Post
    Agreed. You keep Acuna where he is. They tried it last year. He clearly is a different animal in the lead off spot
    Tried it hitting behind Freeman! I and others suggested it was a mistake in Spring training. So no they did not try it last year.

Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast