Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Padres named Jayce Tingler their new manager. Sounds like Ron Washington will be staying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Padres named Jayce Tingler their new manager. Sounds like Ron Washington will be staying.

I don't like it lol, Tingler is the manager of my favorite team in the Dominican Winter League and he was 9-1 so far this season, he probably will leave the team now.

Bleacher Repirt has published an article about K Bryant and a Braves trade. They even said the Cubs could possibly be ready in a Major league ready Arm like Sean Newcomb. Most that have been here for a while know I am a fan of Newcomb! However if Newcomb and Riley are the headliners for a Bryant trade, sign me up yesterday!

This is the 2nd article I have seen outlining a Bryant to Atlanta trade this off season. Hoping there is fire to this smoke. Prospects I would not want to include? As always Anderson, Pache, and Waters.

And how many times have we heard mookie to the Braves lol. Just sillyness. Braves arenít going to invest 250-300 million in one player. Thatís crazy, especially for a team that has to operate within a budget.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    And how many times have we heard mookie to the Braves lol. Just sillyness. Braves arenít going to invest 250-300 million in one player. Thatís crazy, especially for a team that has to operate within a budget.
    Once for me anyway.

And yes everyone knows we have a budget! However Anytime someone brings up a big name player, there are those who canít wait to throw cold water on it. How many thought the Braves would give JD 23 mil for one year before we did? Not many! Dallas K? Not many.

Itís also a trade! Not a FA! And we seen the Braves make these kinds of trades for better or worse. Mark Teixeira!

In closing thatís past and present examples and I remind you this would be a trade. Do I think itís wise to trade for a one year rental, if the chances of signing him are slim? NO! Not with the terrific prospects we have. However K Bryant has two years! Weíd also have the option of trading him at the deadline or in the off season if we are not where we need to be. And if the alleged ( I personally think it will cost more) headliners are Newcomb and Riley.... I think itís silly to call it silliness! This actually makes sense for the Braves and a bit of sense for the Cubs, if they think there a Window is closing.
    Last edited by SB75; 11-01-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Mark Texeria? Cmon man that was like 10 years and 3 GMs ago, not to mention a terrible trade for the braves. JD and Dallas were short term FA signings and no one was that surprised that we signed them. Braves are not unloading the farm for a 1-2 year rental that will ultimately want and get ridiculous money in FA. And no Sean newcomb and Riley will not land you kris Bryant lol. 0%

And you would be implying that the braves, rather than overpay for JD, would rather send pache and Anderson to the cubs for 1-2 years of kris Bryant? Makes no sense my dude.
    Last edited by thomass; 11-02-2019 at 01:11 PM.

Iím not in favor of trading for Bryant or Betts. The one thing we really have right now is bats, especially if we resign Donaldson. Riley needs to make adjustments to his game but heís MLB ready. Pache and Waters will be ready this year. Other than catcher, we can solve any issues with our lineup internally.

If the Braves make a splash move IMO it needs to be on a front line starter. Soroka is looking like an ace but heís the only arm we can confidently say that about. Fried has that potential but he needs to stay healthier and be consistent. Folty is an ideal #3 given that sometimes he looks like a front liner and sometimes he looks awful. We really need someone to pair at the top with Soroka.

I really donít know who we could find that could fill that role. Kluber might be the most likely pitcher available but Iím hesitant about trading for him. Maybe Mike Minor? Looks like itíll be tough to find pitching but AA has a history of being aggressive for a starter.

2019 Vikings Draft :

Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    Mark Texeria? Cmon man that was like 10 years and 3 GMs ago, not to mention a terrible trade for the braves. JD and Dallas were short term FA signings and no one was that surprised that we signed them. Braves are not unloading the farm for a 1-2 year rental that will ultimately want and get ridiculous money in FA. And no Sean newcomb and Riley will not land you kris Bryant lol. 0%
    The point is the Tex deal was done, so when fans act like weíve never or wonít do that type of deal, they are lying to themselves.

For everyone that has been around here for any length of time, knows Iím against trading the farm! So letís not even elude that Iím saying that. I clearly stated the article talked about those two players as pieces, I also clearly said I think it will take more! However, if that deal is possible, Iíd consider it heavily!

So please donít Lol me, we can have a difference of opinion without the attempted sarcasm.

Last you donít know what K Bryant wants! Neither do I as a matter of fact. However I will point out that this is not the 80ís, 90ís, or 2000ís! Players have not been flocking to the big money markets of Ny, like they use to. And again you will still have the ability to trade him.

People lol when something's funny. Don't wanna be loved at? Quit being so amusing.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

Not sure how much of a priority AA will make the bullpen but Dellin Betances is a free agent. Heís coming an injury plagued season (including a partially torn Achilles in September) but this seems like an AA type move. Give him a 1 year deal with pretty high incentives. If he can return to 100% Betances could be an effective closer for a lot of teams, including the Braves.

2019 Vikings Draft :

Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    People lol when something's funny. Don't wanna be loved at? Quit being so amusing.
    🙄

So, what is the deadline for the Braves' deciding to pickup or decline a player's option? Is it tomorrow? Curious to know when they have to make a decision on Teheran's & Markakis' options for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by hector olivera? View Post
    So, what is the deadline for the Braves' deciding to pickup or decline a player's option? Is it tomorrow? Curious to know when they have to make a decision on Teheran's & Markakis' options for next season.
    Yes should be tomorrow, its most of the time 5 days after the world series is over. Braves always wait till the last minute.

Braves declined Tyler Flowers option. However, they resigned him to a 1 year 4 million dollar deal. His buyout was 2 million so Flowers will still be getting paid 6 million but according to Bowman only 4 million will count towards payroll.

Decisions on Markakis and Teheran are up next.
    2019 Vikings Draft :