Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 59 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Why would the Braves go after a dude with that massive contract? Arenado is a star, no questions, but if the Braves where willing to go after him why not just sign Rendon and keep the prospects? Makes no sense, unless the Rockies eat some cash, which I doubt.

If we are talking to the Rockies, Trevor Story makes a lot more sense, they have Brendan Rodgers in the pipeline and might want to cash in on Story while his price is at the highest point.

They wouldn't be interested in Swanson like the Indians might, so a deal for Story will be centered around Ian Anderson.
    Iím all in for Story. Has he be rumored as possible trade bait for the Rockies? Yeah, like you, def would jump the ship for him...

Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    Iím all in for Story. Has he be rumored as possible trade bait for the Rockies? Yeah, like you, def would jump the ship for him...
    He was mentioned by Ken Rosenthal? (I don't really remember) as a possible trade candidate, he has 3 years of control so the Rockies aren't really shopping him. I just think that if they are really listening on Arenado, why not on Story? Just a thought.

He was mentioned by Ken Rosenthal? (I don't really remember) as a possible trade candidate, he has 3 years of control so the Rockies aren't really shopping him. I just think that if they are really listening on Arenado, why not on Story? Just a thought.
    What do you guys think of his away stats? Obviously, like most other Rockies players, home stats he's much more power productive along with other batting lines...

You know I think AA will do whatever he can to fill in the hole missing from Donaldson, if not resign JD. He fixed one of weakest bullpen in baseball last season and hope to better our rotation by adding Hamels and ridding of the inconsistency of JT and Glausman (traded last season). So why would he let our O be weaken if we could have made it to World Series with a better pitching staff?

Heyman mentioned the Rockies were listening to inquires on Arenado and then added in parenthesis and anyone else. So he was suggesting the Rockies are listening to offers on all their players. They would be rather dumb to trade Story but they do have Rodgers. I canít begin to imagine the haul they would want for Story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

I would imagine the price of Story or Arenado would be sky-high.

Pivoting slightly, what if the Braves tried to get Charlie Blackmon instead? I assume that the price for him would definitely be lower due to his age. What would Atlanta need to include with Ender for that to happen?

In this scenario, Acuna slides over to CF and Blackmon holds down one of the corner OF spots. For the Rockies, they add one of the best defensive CFers in the game, which wouldn't be a bad thing at Coors.

The Braves basically swap out lefty batters (Ender for Blackmon), so the lineup is still lefty heavy, particularly the middle of the lineup, but we can't have everything.

Rosenthal said on the hot stove that the Donaldson sweep stakes is down to the Braves, Nationals, Dodgers and maybe the Twins. He thinks itíll come down to the Braves or Nats in the end. He also said if all things are equal he wants to return to the Braves but mostly he wants to be paid. He thinks the AVV will be a little above 25 million a year on a 4 year deal and a higher AVV on a 3 year deal. Sounds like whoever is willing to give him a 4 year deal will win but doesnít seem like itís happened yet.

2019 Vikings Draft :

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Rosenthal said on the hot stove that the Donaldson sweep stakes is down to the Braves, Nationals, Dodgers and maybe the Twins. He thinks itíll come down to the Braves or Nats in the end. He also said if all things are equal he wants to return to the Braves but mostly he wants to be paid. He thinks the AVV will be a little above 25 million a year on a 4 year deal and a higher AVV on a 3 year deal. Sounds like whoever is willing to give him a 4 year deal will win but doesnít seem like itís happened yet.

Least itís not friggin 35/yr like Rendonís. I still canít believe heís getting that for 7 years...

Trevor Story's career splits are even worse than Arenado's.

Home: .301/.368/.630/.998 79HR
    Away: .250/.313/.443/.756 44HR

Last season he hit .260/.322/.445/.767 away from Coors Field.

Charlie Blackmon's are even more ridiculous, he's about 100 points lower in everything away.

Home: .349/.407/.590/.997
    Away: .261/.313/.430/.743

I know some people will bring up DJ LeMahieu with how he played well for the Yankees last year but if you look back at his splits he hit well home and away. Home was still better but he was still a .300 hitter on the road too. Plus he went to another hitters park with the Yankee's. You always gotta be careful with guys from the Rookies.
    Last edited by Wrench; 12-14-2019 at 05:33 PM.

2019 Vikings Draft :

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Trevor Story's career splits are even worse than Arenado's.

Home: .301/.368/.630/.998 79HR
    Away: .250/.313/.443/.756 44HR

Last season he hit .260/.322/.445/.767 away from Coors Field.

Charlie Blackmon's are even more ridiculous, he's about 100 points lower in everything away.

Home: .349/.407/.590/.997
    Away: .261/.313/.430/.743

I know some people will bring up DJ LeMahieu with how he played well for the Yankees last year but if you look back at his splits he hit well home and away. Home was still better but he was still a .300 hitter on the road too. Plus he went to another hitters park with the Yankee's. You always gotta be careful with guys from the Rookies.
    Is not just Lemahieu, I read an article a couple of years ago that was really interesting, basically what it explained is that the air in coors is so dramatic that even affect breaking pitches, so Rockies hitters are so used to a certain break that when they hit the road they perform at a lower level.

Even though that's debatable it's actually posible, either way thanks to the humidor Coors field is not as extreme as it was in the past, wOBA and wRC+ are park adjusted and they all (Arenado, Blackmon, Story) excel. The triple slash is probably misleading, but there's no question they all are clear above average hitters.

The Indians traded Kluber for basically nothing

2019 Vikings Draft :

I would not unload the farm for any Rockies players. Not worth the risk.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    The Indians traded Kluber for basically nothing

He is not the same pitcher that he once was. He started to struggle a bit the 2nd half 2 years ago and then obviously everything fell apart last year.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    He is not the same pitcher that he once was. He started to struggle a bit the 2nd half 2 years ago and then obviously everything fell apart last year.
    and he has a good chunk of money coming with him but, I agree he went for a small return. I would say braves wise it would probably be Ender and AJ Minter

Page 31 of 59 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast