Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 30 of 54 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 807
  1. #436
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    My bad that was LF, thought that was very low IP lol.

    387.0 inning played in RF -4 DRS 0.3 UZR/150 for the Cubs.
    Those are encouraging numbers, obviously a small sample size, but as weīve seen before stats like DRS and UZR are affected by the positional alignment a player has, maybe something change when he got to the Cubs and by doing so he was able to make more plays. Anyway, if he can at least be slightly below average weīre talking about an easy 4 fWAR player.

  2. #437
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,318
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    It would be a mistake to commit to Donaldson for 4 years. If we had unlimited funds, then who cares. But we donít and history tells us that it isnít prudent to pay top dollar for guys in his age group.
    You're not wrong about that but the Braves are in a tough spot. If Donaldson walks we then have a gaping hole in the middle of our order. Worse than that is he could easily end up signing with a division rival. There are very few alternative options. Any trade is going to require moving top prospects. The Braves have very little money committed long term. 4 years is no doubt a risk but if they get creative with the contract it could be more palatable with more money paid out early in the contract. It's tough balancing the chance to win right vs long term success.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force


  3. #438
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,318
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Those are encouraging numbers, obviously a small sample size, but as weīve seen before stats like DRS and UZR are affected by the positional alignment a player has, maybe something change when he got to the Cubs and by doing so he was able to make more plays. Anyway, if he can at least be slightly below average weīre talking about an easy 4 fWAR player.
    How does his fielding numbers compare to Markakis or Duvall?
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force


  4. #439
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SWFL
    Posts
    30,159
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    How does his fielding numbers compare to Markakis or Duvall?
    At this point those numbers would put him on par with Markakis, Duvall still a much better defender than either.

  5. #440
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,868
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    You're not wrong about that but the Braves are in a tough spot. If Donaldson walks we then have a gaping hole in the middle of our order. Worse than that is he could easily end up signing with a division rival. There are very few alternative options. Any trade is going to require moving top prospects. The Braves have very little money committed long term. 4 years is no doubt a risk but if they get creative with the contract it could be more palatable with more money paid out early in the contract. It's tough balancing the chance to win right vs long term success.
    Iíd be shocked if he gets 4 years from us. Iím 99% certain that if he gets 4 years, it wonít be from us.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

  6. #441
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,318
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    Iíd be shocked if he gets 4 years from us. Iím 99% certain that if he gets 4 years, it wonít be from us.
    I'll be shocked as well but I do at least think it's possible. I won't get my hopes up, though.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force


  7. #442
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    At this point those numbers would put him on par with Markakis, Duvall still a much better defender than either.
    If that's the case, I think we could survive with him in the OF. Duvall could be a late inning sub if need be without losing that much pop from the lineup.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force


  8. #443
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the gym
    Posts
    2,558
    We resigned Culberson...

  9. #444
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,318
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    We resigned Culberson...
    Minor league deal. Glad they brought him back.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force


  10. #445
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,743
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Minor league deal. Glad they brought him back.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #446
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,318
    Apparently on Jeff Pasans podcast he said the Braves made a run at Rendon and are discussing Arenado. I didnít listen to the podcast so I canít confirm anything, just saw it on twitter.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force


  12. #447
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,827
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Apparently on Jeff Pasans podcast he said the Braves made a run at Rendon and are discussing Arenado. I didnít listen to the podcast so I canít confirm anything, just saw it on twitter.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If true, this will make the second consecutive year we allegedly made a run at a big time FA.

  13. #448
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the gym
    Posts
    2,558
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Apparently on Jeff Pasans podcast he said the Braves made a run at Rendon and are discussing Arenado. I didnít listen to the podcast so I canít confirm anything, just saw it on twitter.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Arenadoís splits concerns me. I donít know what we should do. I would say find that big bat in outfield but then we have Waters and Pache moving up soon. I donít trust Riley. Swanson Iím comfortable with bc I do see him a decent .275 20-25hr hitter. Bryant may be better bet than risking JD on 4 year deal but how much will he cost us? Say we did get a big bat in outfield, what if Waters move up sooner than later? We will have an overcrowded outfield when we have a big hole at 3rd. Maybe Riley will prove me wrong...

  14. #449
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,299
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    Arenadoís splits concerns me. I donít know what we should do. I would say find that big bat in outfield but then we have Waters and Pache moving up soon. I donít trust Riley. Swanson Iím comfortable with bc I do see him a decent .275 20-25hr hitter. Bryant may be better bet than risking JD on 4 year deal but how much will he cost us? Say we did get a big bat in outfield, what if Waters move up sooner than later? We will have an overcrowded outfield when we have a big hole at 3rd. Maybe Riley will prove me wrong...
    Why would the Braves go after a dude with that massive contract? Arenado is a star, no questions, but if the Braves where willing to go after him why not just sign Rendon and keep the prospects? Makes no sense, unless the Rockies eat some cash, which I doubt.

    If we are talking to the Rockies, Trevor Story makes a lot more sense, they have Brendan Rodgers in the pipeline and might want to cash in on Story while his price is at the highest point.

    They wouldn't be interested in Swanson like the Indians might, so a deal for Story will be centered around Ian Anderson.

  15. #450
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,868
    When ever AA is a guest somewhere, he always says that 99% of Braves rumors are false. That is, if the media reports or speculates something about the Braves, it is almost certainly not true. And so far that has been the case.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

Page 30 of 54 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •