Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    Am I missing something on Hamels and his injury history? The guy has started at least 30 games every year since 2008 except in 2017 (24) & 2019 (27). That doesn’t really feel like a l guy with an injury issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought the same thing. The fact both injuries were to his oblique makes me a tad worried but not really. 25-30 starts shouldn't be an issue. I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a few extra days off throughout the season just to be on the safe side. But man if he pitches like he did with the Cubs prior to his oblique injury this will be a really good signing.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

The Nats GM said they won't be able to afford both Rendon and Strasburg. Which player are you guys hoping the Nats lose? I think Rendon will be the bigger loss of the two.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    The Nats GM said they won't be able to afford both Rendon and Strasburg. Which player are you guys hoping the Nats lose? I think Rendon will be the bigger loss of the two.
    I think losing Rendon hurts more, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I thought the same thing. The fact both injuries were to his oblique makes me a tad worried but not really. 25-30 starts shouldn't be an issue. I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a few extra days off throughout the season just to be on the safe side. But man if he pitches like he did with the Cubs prior to his oblique injury this will be a really good signing.
    I mean, he is aging and the oblique injuries are in the last few years, so that is concerning. But he has also had less issues than Wheeler or Ryu, and he pitched really well minus the last 12 or so starts in 2019 after he returned from the injury. Hopefully he is healthy in April - if so, I think ATL will really be happy with this signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    I am not even sure time is “running out” on a 23 yr old. We all forget that 23 is still pretty young. If he is 25 and still struggling - that’s a different story.

I would also include Touki in a trade as a 2/3 piece without a doubt. Let someone else take the chance on his upside.

Is running out in a sense that he's being leapfrog by other prospects, Wright, Wilson, Anderson are ahead of him in the depth chart right now, we only have 1 open spot in the rotation.

23 is young, but is not like he can still wait 2-3 years in the minors, since he's already at AAA.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920