Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    ok so here is something I was thinking about, if the Braves do trade for Lindor, is there a chance Dansby could slide to third if he isn't added in the trade for Lindor? I mean this is obviously if they don't re-sign Donaldson and don't think Riley is going to be able to be an everyday player.
    I donít see how we can pull off a Lindor trade without including Swanson. The Indians will need him in any deal. Heís close to breaking out and is cost controlled.

If Donaldson doesnít resign then I would assume Camargo starts at third. If Riley doesnít tear up in spring training then let him start in AAA until he forces his way back up. Iím this scenario Riley could also find himself in a platoon between the OF and third.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I donít see how we can pull off a Lindor trade without including Swanson. The Indians will need him in any deal. Heís close to breaking out and is cost controlled.

If Donaldson doesnít resign then I would assume Camargo starts at third. If Riley doesnít tear up in spring training then let him start in AAA until he forces his way back up. Iím this scenario Riley could also find himself in a platoon between the OF and third.

After last season, I don't think they view Camargo as a good everyday option at 3B. It sounds like if the Braves lose Donaldson, that they would consider signing Moustakas as a fallback option rather than being forced into a position where Riley has to be a middle-of-the-order bat for them as their everyday 3B in 2020.

At this point, do you guys view Duvall as a better 4th OFer/platoon OFer than Markakis? My assumption is yes. I would assume the preference would be:

LF: free agent OFer or trade
    CF: Ender
    RF: Acuna
    4th OFer: Duvall

If Ender needs a day off, then Acuna slides to CF and Duvall moves to RF. If either corner OFer needs a day off, then Duvall fills in.

Quote Originally Posted by hector olivera? View Post
    After last season, I don't think they view Camargo as a good everyday option at 3B. It sounds like if the Braves lose Donaldson, that they would consider signing Moustakas as a fallback option rather than being forced into a position where Riley has to be a middle-of-the-order bat for them as their everyday 3B in 2020.
    True, I forgot about Moose. But I'm not really sure how they feel about Camargo starting. I think Donaldson was signed more so because he's Josh Donaldson and less because of Camargo. He's only 1 year removed from a 3.7 WAR and an .806 OPS.

Quote Originally Posted by hector olivera? View Post
    At this point, do you guys view Duvall as a better 4th OFer/platoon OFer than Markakis? My assumption is yes. I would assume the preference would be:

LF: free agent OFer or trade
    CF: Ender
    RF: Acuna
    4th OFer: Duvall

If Ender needs a day off, then Acuna slides to CF and Duvall moves to RF. If either corner OFer needs a day off, then Duvall fills in.
    Markakis and Duvall are perfect platoon partners.

Duvall's last season starting in Cincy and last year vs LP:
    2019: .333/.386/.744/1.130
    2017: .279/.352/.571/.924

Markakis last year slashed .245/.310/.343/.653 vs LP. I would rather see Riley start the year in AAA but he even slashed .262/.338/.646/.984 vs LP last year.

I think we have enough internal options that the Braves won't spend any money on an OF. We currently have Acuna, Inciarte, Markakis, Duvall, Culberson, Camargo, and Riley plus Waters and Pache in AAA.
    2019 Vikings Draft :

I guess you guys like to keep this place organized because my thread got deleted.

Jays fan wondering what you would want from us in trade for ender. He had a rough year and you have some beauty OF specs coming up, meanwhile we have a huge hole in CF.

What would ender cost?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I guess you guys like to keep this place organized because my thread got deleted.

Jays fan wondering what you would want from us in trade for ender. He had a rough year and you have some beauty OF specs coming up, meanwhile we have a huge hole in CF.

What would ender cost?
    I would assume a package similar to Kevin Pillar but I don't see any package being enough for the Braves to move him. His value to the team is worth more than a package of prospects. Acuna isn't great in CF and the Braves still value Inciarte's glove. His bat started to come to life in the 2nd half before he was hurt again. They might be more willing to move him after the 2020 season when Pache and/or Waters will be ready for full time roles but right now I think it leaves them too thin in the OF.
    2019 Vikings Draft :

Bowman hinted in his mailbag today that the Braves are one of the teams monitoring the Cubs willingness to trade Contreras.

2019 Vikings Draft :

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post

What would ender cost?
    Guilty, but I didn't want to delete your post, I wanted to move it to this thread, don't know what happened though, after I move it, it just disappeared.

Before we signed Smith, I was thinking about a deal centered around Ender for Ken Giles (if really healthy) but since we have Smith now, I don't see a match.

If the Braves lose Donaldson we need a middle of the order bat to replace him or we are toast. Lindor's name has been floating around in the media and in this forum, as others have said, he'll be an absolute monster here, Dansby should be part of the deal because what we do with him after getting Lindor?

Maybe Swanson and Ian Anderson is enough for two years of Lindor. We get to keep Waters/Pache and improve immediately. After that, we can probably still go after Moose on a short deal.

AcuŮa RF
    Albies 2B
    Lindor SS
    Freeman 1B
    Moose 3B
    Duvall/Markakis LF
    Flowers/Castro? C
    Ender CF

That's a heck of a lineup, is it better than last year? I think so.

With an already stronger bullpen we have a better shot than last year even if we don't get an ace, the normal improvement by our youngsters in the rotation might be enough to be a force in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    If the Braves lose Donaldson we need a middle of the order bat to replace him or we are toast. Lindor's name has been floating around in the media and in this forum, as others have said, he'll be an absolute monster here, Dansby should be part of the deal because what we do with him after getting Lindor?

Maybe Swanson and Ian Anderson is enough for two years of Lindor. We get to keep Waters/Pache and improve immediately. After that, we can probably still go after Moose on a short deal.

AcuŮa RF
    Albies 2B
    Lindor SS
    Freeman 1B
    Moose 3B
    Duvall/Markakis LF
    Flowers/Castro? C
    Ender CF

With an already stronger bullpen we have a better shot than last year even if we don't get an ace, the normal improvement by our youngsters in the rotation might be enough to be a force in the playoffs.
    Cleveland needs an OF. I was thinking Swanson, Ender, Waters and Wilson. Might have to be Wright over Wilson which I would do. Ian Anderson has ace written all over him.

AcuŮa RF
    Albies 2B
    Lindor SS
    Freeman 1B
    Moose 3B
    Duvall/Markakis LF
    Flowers/Castro? C
    Ender CF

I would flip Lindor and Acuna in your order, as most of Lindorís time has come out of the leadoff spot. And long term I prefer Acunaís Power in the 3 hole.

As far as the package Iíd combine some of yours with some of Brave world 23. Iíd Offer..
    Ender and Swanson on the MLB level with Wright as the major Spec.

Betts name is also being thrown around in Braves rumors, however the only one year left is a downer for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    I would flip Lindor and Acuna in your order, as most of Lindorís time has come out of the leadoff spot. And long term I prefer Acunaís Power in the 3 hole.

As far as the package Iíd combine some of yours with some of Brave world 23. Iíd Offer..

Betts name is also being thrown around in Braves rumors, however the only one year left is a downer for me.
    I'll do that deal for Lindor, and since we are trading some salary in Ender and Swanson, should be able to still sign Donaldson? Imagine THAT lineup.

I'll do that deal for Lindor, and since we are trading some salary in Ender and Swanson, should be able to still sign Donaldson? Imagine THAT lineup.
    Oooooo

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post

IF we do somehow acquire Lindor, I would still keep Acuna leading off. Two straight years our offense has taken off when Acuna was put at lead off. Itís just worked so good for us that I canít convince myself to move him out of that spot.

I think an offer for Lindor will command more than that. My guess is we would have to part with Swanson, one of Pache/Waters, and a pitcher. Probably Kyle Wright. I say Wright because I donít think weíll move Anderson in this package and a lesser pitcher like Muller or Wilson wonít be enough. Thatís a haul and would be tough for the Indians to say no to.

I also think we would have to a good chance to resign him. I bet Lindor would love playing with Acuna and Albies. We could own the NL East with those three signed long term.

2019 Vikings Draft :

https://tomahawktake.com/2019/11/17/...gerrit-cole-2/

If Cole would agree to a five year deal, I would not have an issue making him baseballs highest paid pitcher! Iím just not sure heíd except a five year deal. That would be almost the perfect contractual length for us though.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast