Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 64 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Dude, lindor is one of the best players in the game. Heís going to get a huge *** contract, maybe record setting. And it wonít be from the Braves.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    Dude, lindor is one of the best players in the game. Heís going to get a huge *** contract, maybe record setting. And it wonít be from the Braves.
    One of, not the best. Iíd be surprised to see Lindor get more than Tout! However it is two years away, so itís not impossible.

One of the best? No doubt! Record setting contract? No where near now but he is entering his prime. Thatís why I say 4 years. Heís expected to make 16.7 via arb next year. Why not give him 4 years now where heíll make say 6-8 mil more next season than what heís projected and let contract run til he gets his career mega deal contract when heís in his prime?

This article was from 2017
    According to Tom Verducci of Sports Illustrated, the Cleveland Indians offered Francisco Lindor a chance to sign a deal worth $100 million before Opening Day. He said no.

There would have been no blaming Lindor if he'd said yes. He's only entitled to the league minimum until he goes into arbitration after 2018. Signing for $100 million would have been a play for security.

However, there's also no blaming Lindor for saying no.

He knows what he is. As an elite defensive shortstop who can also hit and run, he outpaced all other shortstops in WAR for 2015 and 2016. With legit power now being introduced into his offensive profile, he's becoming even better in 2017.

This could make him ripe for a $400 million deal down the line.
    https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...tract.amp.html

Assuming he stays healthy, lindor will sign a mega deal, likely 10 years + between $350 million and $400 million, and quite possibly more.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

This article was from 2017

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...tract.amp.html

Assuming he stays healthy, lindor will sign a mega deal, likely 10 years + between $350 million and $400 million, and quite possibly more.
    Mike signed at 12yrs at 430 mil. 400 mil? Maybe. But Mike is the Best player in Baseball with Acuna hot on his trails! Mike is also an OFíer, while elite, how many see Lindor at SS in 12 years? I donít think heíll beat Mikes contract, But again itís at least possible, with the way tv contracts are going. But at this point Iíd still be surprised.

Does anyone know who his agent is? If itís not Boras, I do believe there is a chance heíd sign a short ext. I think the figure may have to be a little higher than the posted projection, but I think itís possible.For Example Rendone got a 4 mil signing bonus and 25 and 27 mil his first two years. Mike got 33.7 mil the first two years of his deal. I think Lindor would go for a figure in between those numbers, buying out two years of FA. Read an article that discusses a possible ext for him of 158 over 5yrs. Unclear when that offer would start. Thatís a lot of you are buying our ARB years and you would better off taking your chances. I think the Braves could afford 5/158 if he where a FA. However if the Braves offered 4yrs at 30 and 33 mil for those first two years that would be FA, plus what ever you are putting on top of his last two arb years, it might make a lot of sense to him and the Braves.

As someone has already posted if you are giving up one of those top 3 prospects, you better Have an affordable replacement in mind for them. So I would request an ext window before finalizing the trade.

AA seams to prefer shorter term deals on expensive players so a 4 yr total package may be what he prefers.

Swanson and Folty agreed to contracts. Swanson 3.15 and Folty 6.425. Swanson was projected for 3.3 and Folty 7.5
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Good deal on Folty. He could be a serious rebound candidate. Soroka/Hamels/Folty (2018 version) would be a really nice top 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Swanson and Folty agreed to contracts. Swanson 3.15 and Folty 6.425. Swanson was projected for 3.3 and Folty 7.5
    Nice savings, hopefully we can apply it usefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    Good deal on Folty. He could be a serious rebound candidate. Soroka/Hamels/Folty (2018 version) would be a really nice top 3.

Not to mention expected improvement from Fried too.

Minnesota writer says Twins still having near daily conversations with Donaldson. He apparently favors facing the lesser pitching staffs of the AL East as opposed to the NL East. Also said money will talk here and Twins havenít been asked to make a final offer yet.

2019 Vikings Draft :

This Saga just wont end!!!!!
    Maybe the Braves should offer him a one year deal with a higher salary? Just want this waiting game over.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    This Saga just wont end!!!!!
    Maybe the Braves should offer him a one year deal with a higher salary? Just want this waiting game over.
    Donaldson isn't going to take a 1 year deal. It's clear that money is the priority here and he's waiting and trying to milk this for every last penny. Whoever offers him the biggest deal will sign him, though he's taking his time and trying to play the teams against each other.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Minnesota writer says Twins still having near daily conversations with Donaldson. He apparently favors facing the lesser pitching staffs of the AL East as opposed to the NL East. Also said money will talk here and Twins havenít been asked to make a final offer yet.

What was the date on this article? I swore I read something stating the IDENTICAL thing about two weeks ago. Maybe this writer is late to post this, or just bored...?

At was at least a week in the daily communication, and two weeks about the pitching preference. I think this is all just being reloaded bc nothing new is coming up. Everybody had drawn to a stalemate and writers need something to put out there. Lol
    Last edited by Number2sena; 01-14-2020 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Number2sena View Post
    What was the date on this article? I swore I read something stating the IDENTICAL thing about two weeks ago. Maybe this writer is late to post this, or just bored...?

At was at least a week in the daily communication, and two weeks about the pitching preference. I think this is all just being reloaded bc nothing new is coming up. Everybody had drawn to a stalemate and writers need something to put out there. Lol
    That was a tweet I read last night. I trust the guy who tweeted it because he also is a Vikings insider and is usually right. Darren Wolfson is his name.
    2019 Vikings Draft :

It basically feels like a standoff with Donaldson, as he and his agent are basically sitting back and waiting on one of the teams involved to hit some arbitrary figure that he's shooting for ($100 million overall? $110 million overall?) and the first team to hit that figure will get him.

Page 47 of 64 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast