Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Rosenthal says we aren't out on MadBum but I am going to assume we're done spending big on pitching. Soroka, Fried, Hamels, and Folty will be the top 4. AA said Newk will be stretched out again and compete for a rotation spot in spring training. Still have Kyle Wright, Bryse Wilson, and Touki in AAA. Ian Anderson will likely be ready at some point. I guess we stand pat with our pitching.
    I agree, I believe we are done on pitchers (SP or RP), the way I see it, we are at least in the same level as last year, Hamels replace Keuchel which is almost a push, and we use our depth to replace Teheran which Im fine because it opens up a spot for another prospect, I dont mind if Newcomb is stretched out but to me hes trade bait right now.

Our bullpen is obviously better than last year, in fact its a strength going into 2020, our offense (if we get JD) would be basically the same, so even though we improve our team compare to 2019 the improvements are not big enough to make us favorites in the playoffs.

Since we didnt improve greatly in our rotation, we might need to get better on offense, even if we sign JD we need another guy in the OF or SS.

Re-sign Donaldson and we're pretty much set for 2020 and looking strong.

Lineup:
    1. Acuna RF
    2. Albies 2B
    3. Freeman 1B
    4. Donaldson 3B
    5. Markakis/Duvall LF
    6. Swanson SS
    7. d'Arnaud/Flowers C
    8. Inciarte

Rotation:
    1. Soroka RP
    2. Fried LP
    3. Hamels LP
    4. Folty RP
    5. Newk/Wright/Wilson/Touki

Bullpen:
    Melancon RP
    Smith LP
    Martin RP
    O'Day RP
    Greene RP
    Jackson RP
    Minter LP
    That team is virtually the same as last year, the only difference is Will Smith, is he enough to win it all?

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    I agree, I believe we are done on pitchers (SP or RP), the way I see it, we are at least in the same level as last year, Hamels replace Keuchel which is almost a push, and we use our depth to replace Teheran which Im fine because it opens up a spot for another prospect, I dont mind if Newcomb is stretched out but to me hes trade bait right now.

Our bullpen is obviously better than last year, in fact its a strength going into 2020, our offense (if we get JD) would be basically the same, so even though we improve our team compare to 2019 the improvements are not big enough to make us favorites in the playoffs.

Since we didnt improve greatly in our rotation, we might need to get better on offense, even if we sign JD we need another guy in the OF or SS.
    Personally I think Hamels is a clear improvement over Keuchel but I'm guessing AA is banking on Fried developing and a bounce back season for Folty. If both of those happen and Hamels stays healthy our top 4 pitchers would be at least #2 type starters. It's a bit risky but probably a better risk than giving Madbum or Wheeler 100+ million.

I'm ok with our lineup except for LF. Not a huge fan of Duvall and Markakis platooning. I really hope Austin Riley makes some big adjustments this fall and wins the job in spring training. That or hope Waters forces his way up early. The bottom of the order will look better if Dansby finally breaks out.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

That team is virtually the same as last year, the only difference is Will Smith, is he enough to win it all?
    I am with you. If they Braves want to be serious WS contenders, need to resign Donaldson and add another improvement on offense. Trade for Lindor? Platoon of Domingo Santana and Markakis better than Duvall? I think AA knows this.

Wheeler to the Phillies...

The Phillies have signed Zach Wheeler to a 5 year deal that is worth more than $100 million. I am very curious to see what the numbers look like on that deal but Wheeler for 5 years at $20+ million per season feels like an overpay for a guy who should be solid but he's a mid-rotation guy.

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/statu...07022571606016

I don't know about the reliability of Jim Salisbury but he's saying the Wheeler deal with the Phillies is just under $120 million for 5 years. Man, that feels like a lot of money for a #3 starter.

https://twitter.com/JSalisburyNBCS/s...07973764259841

Quote Originally Posted by BraveWorld23 View Post
    I am with you. If they Braves want to be serious WS contenders, need to resign Donaldson and add another improvement on offense. Trade for Lindor? Platoon of Domingo Santana and Markakis better than Duvall? I think AA knows this.
    Would love for us to get Lindor here. Trading for him and signing DJ. Trying to figure out our top half batting lineup with those 2 additions. Drop Freeman 4th and DJ 5th while Lindor squeeze in 3rd slot?

5 years 118 million for Wheeler. I like Wheeler but that's too rich for my taste. 23 million a year for ages 30-34 is a bit much.
    2019 Vikings Draft :

5 years 118 million for Wheeler. I like Wheeler but that's too rich for my taste. 23 million a year for ages 30-34 is a bit much.
    I think it would be fair to assume that Bumgarner is likely looking at getting a similar contract, which is probably why the Braves pivoted and gave Hamels a 1 year deal at a slightly inflated rate (which was necessary to entice Hamels to accept a 1 year contract).

18 million for Cole hammels? Damn. Dont get that one.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

Quote Originally Posted by hector olivera? View Post
    The Phillies have signed Zach Wheeler to a 5 year deal that is worth more than $100 million. I am very curious to see what the numbers look like on that deal but Wheeler for 5 years at $20+ million per season feels like an overpay for a guy who should be solid but he's a mid-rotation guy.

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/statu...07022571606016
    Thats hilarious. Hes likely one of those riding the hype from being a top prospect, similar to jhey
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

Quote Originally Posted by hector olivera? View Post
    I think it would be fair to assume that Bumgarner is likely looking at getting a similar contract, which is probably why the Braves pivoted and gave Hamels a 1 year deal at a slightly inflated rate (which was necessary to entice Hamels to accept a 1 year contract).
    Yup I agree. Projections I saw had Hamels getting 15 million a year for 2 years so 18 for a one year deal is fine with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :

Dont compare how the team looked at the end of 2019. There is still a long ways to go this off season and the trade deadline. Better to look at the opening day roster from last year to see how far the team has come. We had Teheran as the opening day starter and our bullpen had guys like Carle, Biddle, and Viz as the top arms. Were pretty far ahead of where the roster was as of opening day. Plus its likely AA makes a trade or two at the deadline to improve the team for the stretch run. We dont need to have every question answered before opening day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :

From ESPN One blockbuster move for all 30 mlb teams.

KC gets: Inciarte, Wright, and Alex Jackson.

Atl gets: Jorge Solar

Would you do it?

Page 18 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast