Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

2019/20 Off Season Braves Transaction Predictions

With some initial moves in and payroll starting to take shape, I thought it may be good to recap where ATL sits right now.

‘*’ - indicates ARB projections from MLBTR.

Starting Pitching (4)
    Soroka - 0.6M
    Fried - 0.6M
    Folty - 7.5M*
    Newcomb - 0.6M

Relief Pitching (7)
    Smith - 13.0M
    Melancon - 14.0M
    Greene - 6.5M*
    Martin - 7.0M
    Jackson - 1.9M*
    O’Day - 2.75M
    Minter - 0.6M

Infield (5)
    Freeman - 22.0M
    Albies - 1.0M
    Swanson - 3.3M*
    Culberson - 1.8M*
    Camargo - 1.6M*

Outfield (5)
    Markakis - 4.0M
    Inciarte - 7.0M
    Acuna - 1.0M
    Duvall - 3.8M*
    Riley - 0.6M

Catcher (2)
    Flowers - 4.0M
    d’Arnaud- 8.0M

Total
    23 players - 113.15M

Let me know if you see any errors...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Coach100; 11-26-2019 at 04:07 PM.

Anybody hear about the comments the Liberty Media CEO said? These are the comments:

“We’re well set up, as you know, with great young talent — Ronald Acuña Jr., (Ozzie) Albies, obviously Freddie Freeman,” Maffei said, his tone and smile suggesting he isn’t as indifferent regarding the Braves’ on-field exploits as some fans are convinced Liberty executives have been since acquiring the team in a stock swap for tax purposes.

“But in addition, we just signed Will Smith, probably the best reliever in baseball,” Maffei continued, perhaps conflating best available reliever with best reliever, but nonetheless showing awareness again of the on-field product.

And then there was the kicker: “Yeah, we’re gonna spend some money. We have relative freedom under the cap and in our payroll compared to most teams, including the Mets.”
    That last sentence is the big one. DOB pointed out that Liberty Media rarely ever discusses the Braves publicly. Maybe the CEO was just saying that because he knew fans would hear it but maybe they are finally ready to spend some serious money.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Ok, here’s the plan:

Sign Cole
    Sign Bum
    Sign Donaldson
    Trade for Lindor

We’re done!😁

Is Villar an option at 3b? He can play 2nd short, and 3rd. He batted .274 last year with 24 Home Runs, 40 Stolen bases, and a .339Obp. He is expected to make 10.4 mil in arbitration and the Orioles are about to release him after not finding a trade partner.
    Last edited by chuck.mcmillan; 11-28-2019 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck.mcmillan View Post
    Is Villar an option at 3b? He can play 2nd short, and 3rd. He batted .274 last year with 24 Home Runs, 40 Stolen bases, and a .339Obp. He is expected to make 10.4 mil in arbitration and the Orioles are about to release him after not finding a trade partner.
    Only has 400 some innings at 3B and that came in 15-16'. Played mostly 2B last year at 700IP to a -11 DRS and SS with 600IP at a 0 DRS.

Seems to be average defender at best, was a 4 fWAR last year and Josh was a 4.9 fWAR.

https://www.talkingchop.com/2019/11/...cristian-pache

Thought this should be posted somewhere, feel free to move it to where you think it belongs.

I have had a revelation. If we sign Moose over Donaldson we would have to get another Outfield power bat that is Right handed. There is no way we have 3 lefties in a row for the middle of our order. I think we are kicking the tires on adding Ozuna and Moose if we don't sign Donaldson. However it maybe about equal money.

I would love to see the Braves get Lindor. Trade involving both Swanson and Ender to free up spending and of course say Wright and another top prospect while keeping Anderson, Pache and Waters. Sign Mouk bc Donaldson just be too much. Sign Bumstard and Wheeler. Get Ozuna as well to fill hole in outfield. That would put Acuna in center full time tho....

Acuna
    Albies
    Lindor
    Freeman
    Mouk
    Ozuna
    Marky/Duval
    Flowers/D'Arnaud

Soroka
    Bum
    Wheeler
    Fried
    Folty/Newcomb

I like this but the financial flexibility is the question. Also Wheelers contract can be backloaded (5 year deal). Bum we sign for 3 years...

And yes, I have Freeman 4th bc of Lindor's speed...

Thoughts?

2019/20 Off Season Braves Transaction Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    Acuna
    Albies
    Lindor
    Freeman
    Mouk
    Ozuna
    Marky/Duval
    Flowers/D'Arnaud

Soroka
    Bum
    Wheeler
    Fried
    Folty/Newcomb

I like this but the financial flexibility is the question. Also Wheelers contract can be backloaded (5 year deal). Bum we sign for 3 years...

And yes, I have Freeman 4th bc of Lindor's speed...

Thoughts?
    No chance of this happening. If ATLs payroll is around 145M (they ended last year at 144M I believe) and they are currently at about 113.5M (see my previous post), then they have about 30M to spend.

1) ATL would add salary in your Lindor trade. Lindor is projected at 16.7M, Swanson at 3.3M, and Ender will make 7M. So ATL added 6.7M

Total left to spend - 23.5M

2) Wheeler & MadBum - maybe you get one, but not both. Wheeler is being projected at 5/100, MadBum at 4/72. Let’s say those are both backloaded and ATL pays 33M (instead of 38) in 2020.

Total left to spend - Over by 9.5M

3) Moustakas and Ozuna - Again, ATL can maybe get one of them. Moose is projected at 2/20 and Ozuna at 3/45. Again, let’s say those are backloaded and ATL pays 21M instead of 25M in 2020.

Total left to spend - over by 30.5M

So you Have ATLs payroll at something like 175M, which we currently have no reason to believe will happen. ATL could move-on from Camargo and Greene to save some money, but that would not get them anywhere near 145M in your scenario. I see your offseason as total unrealistic until we hear that ATL will increase payroll by such a substantial amount.

Under the currently known financial parameters, ATL could get one of the SP and one of the position players you suggested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are correct then I'm way off on Wheeler and MadBum as I was thinking 15/yr each and as I said, backload Wheeler's co Tracy being when Waters, Pache and hopefully Anderson would save us money. I forgot Lindor is in his arbitration year. I was overlooking that thinking it was last year 2nd hitting arbitration. With that in mind I thought would could expand team payroll (as what has always been said since last year where we would be able to sign Ozuna along with cap space created by trading both Swanson and Ender. Wheeler also from Atlanta so there isnt to say there would be no team friendly contract handed out...

Thanks for catching me On that, Coach...

If you are correct then I'm way off on Wheeler and MadBum as I was thinking 15/yr each and as I said, backload Wheeler's co Tracy being when Waters, Pache and hopefully Anderson would save us money. I forgot Lindor is in his arbitration year. I was overlooking that thinking it was last year 2nd hitting arbitration. With that in mind I thought would could expand team payroll (as what has always been said since last year where we would be able to sign Ozuna along with cap space created by trading both Swanson and Ender. Wheeler also from Atlanta so there isnt to say there would be no team friendly contract handed out...

Thanks for catching me On that, Coach...
    I mean, those are the MLBTR projections on deals and arbitration, so they could be wrong. And ATL could be adding payroll, we just don’t know right now. I didn’t dislike any of your thinking, I just don’t currently think the $$ works.

It’s a team effort around here. Haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Culberson was non-tendered...

Culberson was non-tendered...
    Just saw this. I’m confused by this. His versatility has been an asset and he was only projected to earn 1.8 million. Maybe AA is planning on non tendering and then signing him to a cheaper deal? I hope they bring Culberson back somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Moose to the Reds. 16/yr for 4 years. Not bad signing at all...

Page 15 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast