Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    I understand the temptation to go with Moose considering how much “cheaper” he will be but man Donaldson was just so good for us. Without his early seasons struggles his WAR could have been higher than 6.1. Moose was 3.2 last year and 2.5 between KC and MIL the year before. Fangraphs says teams pay about 8 million per 1 WAR on average on the open market. Age is obviously a huge factor, especially with Donaldsons age. Even though Moose is “cheaper”, I think 3 years 75 million is a great deal for Donaldson. I would rather have Donaldson. I think we’ll have enough money left to still sign or trade for a good starter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I understand the temptation to go with Moose considering how much “cheaper” he will be but man Donaldson was just so good for us. Without his early seasons struggles his WAR could have been higher than 6.1. Moose was 3.2 last year and 2.5 between KC and MIL the year before. Fangraphs says teams pay about 8 million per 1 WAR on average on the open market. Age is obviously a huge factor, especially with Donaldsons age. Even though Moose is “cheaper”, I think 3 years 75 million is a great deal for Donaldson. I would rather have Donaldson. I think we’ll have enough money left to still sign or trade for a good starter.

Apples to Apples I think most prefer Josh to Mike. However it’s not Apples to Apples once you look at the contracts likely to be handed out. As of now I still prefer Josh. I also think we can still afford him and an ace, if Liberty’s recent claims can be taken at face value. I do worry about the third year. Hopefully the Braves can make it some kind of mutual option, with a generous buyout, if he falls off a cliff. My statements about Mike and much cheaper, where meant to be as a backup option.

Just a thought, for those who aren't sold on Swanson. What if we moved Albies back to SS? We could trade Ender and Swanson to KC for Merrifield. Then move Merrifield to lead off. Then Donaldson or Moose could hit 5th. I believe Merrifield led the AL in hits. I know people like Acuna leading off. I see that as a big red flag. Acuna broke the franchise record in strikeouts last year. That is very scary for a guy who leads off.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    I’m also looking at the speed of them signing players and do think their is a reason we are being so aggressive. IDK if that means signing a big name FA or a trade or they just identified these three very early as players we want.
    I agree even tho we did sign Donaldson and McCann early last season. I see it as trying to get ourselves positioned for a major move or more signings if opportunities arrive...

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post

If we can sign Donaldson and still get a good starter then I’m with you but if we can get Mouk, a good starter and a number 2-3 starter, I’m for that also. I’m just more concern for our rotation than the other holes we have. Look what the Nats did...

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Apples to Apples I think most prefer Josh to Mike. However it’s not Apples to Apples once you look at the contracts likely to be handed out. As of now I still prefer Josh. I also think we can still afford him and an ace, if Liberty’s recent claims can be taken at face value. I do worry about the third year. Hopefully the Braves can make it some kind of mutual option, with a generous buyout, if he falls off a cliff. My statements about Mike and much cheaper, where meant to be as a backup option.
    My thoughts as well as getting a 2nd starter for going the cheaper route in Mouk...

Quote Originally Posted by chuck.mcmillan View Post
    Just a thought, for those who aren't sold on Swanson. What if we moved Albies back to SS? We could trade Ender and Swanson to KC for Merrifield. Then move Merrifield to lead off. Then Donaldson or Moose could hit 5th. I believe Merrifield led the AL in hits. I know people like Acuna leading off. I see that as a big red flag. Acuna broke the franchise record in strikeouts last year. That is very scary for a guy who leads off.
    You know, not meaning to change the subject but I haven’t given up on Swanson yet. His glove is there and has potential to be a .275 20-25 homer guy. Not Lindor but still good numbers especially when he plays good D to make up the bat more. Not saying don’t trade for Lindor but if we did why not slide Swanson to 3rd and be dead set on that? Or sign either Donaldson or Mouk? A question I have for you guys, isn’t Donaldson family here? Maybe he’ll except a friendly contract with us??? Thoughts???

For SP, I assume Wheeler is basically the #2 choice behind Bumgarner? What do you guys think is a realistic contract for Wheeler? I assume that he will end up getting $14 to $16 million per for 4 or 5 years. Do you think he will get more than that?

Quote Originally Posted by hector olivera? View Post
    For SP, I assume Wheeler is basically the #2 choice behind Bumgarner? What do you guys think is a realistic contract for Wheeler? I assume that he will end up getting $14 to $16 million per for 4 or 5 years. Do you think he will get more than that?
    I think they have him estimated around 20per for 5. Having both would be worth some “lesser” options at third.

Quote Originally Posted by Number2sena View Post
    I think they have him estimated around 20per for 5. Having both would be worth some “lesser” options at third.
    What??? No way! I know he's better than numbers shown last season but 20???? Multi year of 15-17 would be my thought...

Quote Originally Posted by chuck.mcmillan View Post
    Acuna still a youngster and will get his strikeouts down while maintaining power...

Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    My thoughts as well as getting a 2nd starter for going the cheaper route in Mouk...
    We should be able to sign a starter like MadBum, Donaldson, and a second starter. Regardless of what we do, I don't expect the Braves to sign two of the bigger name starters. We already have Soroka, Fried, and Folty. A #2 and an inning eating 5th starter. We can fill out the rotation with someone like Wade Miley, Rick Porcello or Kyle Gibson. Maybe even get risky and sign Michael Pineda. I would love Cole Hamels but he might be too expensive. Our old buddy Alex Wood is a free agent too.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    What??? No way! I know he's better than numbers shown last season but 20???? Multi year of 15-17 would be my thought...
    Just what I read. They were estimating 5yrs at 100mil. Did you see something else?

I know I’m in the minority here, but I wouldn’t be mad at resigning DK. If DK is less expensive than Bumgarner and it means we can sign Wheeler, as well...sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Number2sena View Post
    I know I’m in the minority here, but I wouldn’t be mad at resigning DK. If DK is less expensive than Bumgarner and it means we can sign Wheeler, as well...sign me up.
    I'm not opposed to Keuchel if his price is cheap enough but I would prefer Hamels if their prices are similar. I've said this before but I love the idea of having Hamels around our young pitchers, especially Fried.
    2019 Vikings Draft :