Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 823
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,330
    A 2 year deal is a little curious but whatever. I think we all knew our catching tandem next year wasnít going to be anything special. I think Castro would probably have been better but thatís probably splitting hairs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force


  2. #182
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,868
    Nice. I like D'Arnaud a lot. Would have been my choice as well.
    Last edited by thomass; 11-24-2019 at 10:21 PM.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,830
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    Nice. I like D'Arnaud a lot. Would have been my choice as well.
    At the price and without giving up prospects, I canít complain.

    So with the Braves talking about spending money and two holes left, I expect at least one splash move! Resigning Donaldson, or signing a top FA starting pitcher!.......

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    511
    Bottom line! The next move will have to be a trade. With Travis's signing, the 40 man roster is full and we wouldn't just let any of those guys go. We have 2 gaps and 0 spots available. I imagine we trade 3 guys. We will want to leave one spot open for the rule 5 draft. I am not sure if Ortega is on the 40 man, but that is probably the only guy I would just drop.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    8,161
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck.mcmillan View Post
    Bottom line! The next move will have to be a trade. With Travis's signing, the 40 man roster is full and we wouldn't just let any of those guys go. We have 2 gaps and 0 spots available. I imagine we trade 3 guys. We will want to leave one spot open for the rule 5 draft. I am not sure if Ortega is on the 40 man, but that is probably the only guy I would just drop.
    maybe John Ryan Murphy

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,299
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck.mcmillan View Post
    Bottom line! The next move will have to be a trade. With Travis's signing, the 40 man roster is full and we wouldn't just let any of those guys go. We have 2 gaps and 0 spots available. I imagine we trade 3 guys. We will want to leave one spot open for the rule 5 draft. I am not sure if Ortega is on the 40 man, but that is probably the only guy I would just drop.
    Mmm, there are a couple of guys that could get non tendered and it wouldn't be a big loss. Grant Dayton , John Ryan Murphy, Rafael Ortega for example. So, we don't have our hands tied yet, it's still a wide open net.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,868
    Wouldnít mind the braves inquiring about miguel andujar, now that Gio Urshela has emerged. I think Donaldson might be gone. Hurt last year, but very good the year before. Would be cheap salary wise and would allow the Braves to stay in the OF market or in on mad bum
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,330
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    Wouldnít mind the braves inquiring about miguel andujar, now that Gio Urshela has emerged. I think Donaldson might be gone. Hurt last year, but very good the year before. Would be cheap salary wise and would allow the Braves to stay in the OF market or in on mad bum
    I like his bat but Andujar is terrible defensively. I would rather try to sign Mike Moustakas if Donaldson leaves.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force


  9. #189
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the gym
    Posts
    2,560
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I like his bat but Andujar is terrible defensively. I would rather try to sign Mike Moustakas if Donaldson leaves.
    Mouk will be little cheaper than Donaldson. He would be our best best in my opinion. Hopefully would leave room to get an ace...

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,830
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    Mouk will be little cheaper than Donaldson. He would be our best best in my opinion. Hopefully would leave room to get an ace...
    Iím hoping much cheaper!

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,330
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Iím hoping much cheaper!
    MLBTR projects Donaldson at 3 years 75 million and Moose 2 years 20 million.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force


  12. #192
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,830
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    MLBTR projects Donaldson at 3 years 75 million and Moose 2 years 20 million.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    55 million would equal my definition of much cheaper! Iíd go to two for 25 if need be.
    Last edited by SB75; 11-25-2019 at 06:05 PM.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    MLBTR projects Donaldson at 3 years 75 million and Moose 2 years 20 million.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Other Braves fans will likely want to shoot me but if those end up being the contracts, I would go with Moustakas and spend the money to improve the roster elsewhere.

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,830
    Over on MLB Chris Rose proclaimed himself an Indians fan and he said he thinks a Lindor will get traded. Now
    I know that doesnít mean heíll be traded. However when a teams informed fans think itíll happen, it appears to be At least a legitimate conversation going on with moving him out of Cleveland.

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,830
    Iím also looking at the speed of them signing players and do think their is a reason we are being so aggressive. IDK if that means signing a big name FA or a trade or they just identified these three very early as players we want.

Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •