Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 823
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,330
    AA said today he wants to keep Greene. He said he wants deep bullpen and they are going to add, not subtract. Sounds like Greene is going to stay.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force


  2. #152
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    We need to get least one starter this offseason. Keuchel gone. JT is gone. Traded Glausman last year. Newcomb able to handle the transition now? What will Folty bring next season? Anderson still isnít quite ready or will he surprise us? Fried and Soroka canít pitch every game. Who do we have left?

    Our rotation wasnít great last season and canít go in 2020 with more trouble...
    Not sure. Hey maybe the payroll is going up substantially

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,330
    Robinson Chirinos is another FA catcher we could add to the list. He posted solid numbers at the plate and is pretty solid defensively. At least 17 homers 3 straight years. He hits lefties well too:

    2019: .274/.439/.476/.915
    career: .261/.370/.483/.853
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force


  4. #154
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    8,161
    I know this isn't part of the offseason stuff but has anyone else seen the clip of Acuna's little brother and himself side by side?


  5. #155
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    429
    White Sox sign Grandal. I'd explore a trade for James McCann

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SWFL
    Posts
    30,160
    4 years and 73M. Way too rich for us. 31 year old catcher to that? Oof.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,830
    I support passing at that price.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,830
    So would everyone agree the list of needs as of now are...

    Front line starter
    Catcher
    3B man ( last because we do have Riley)

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the gym
    Posts
    2,560
    Yeah, that's ridiculous offer but he got it...

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the gym
    Posts
    2,560
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    So would everyone agree the list of needs as of now are...

    Front line starter
    Catcher
    3B man ( last because we do have Riley)
    That's if we rely on who we have for the outfield....

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,830
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    That's if we rely on who we have for the outfield....
    I guess you could have 3B/ OF as the third need depending on what they do with Riley. I donít think he spends the year in AAA. Start in AAA? Maybe, but I donít think he spends the year there. So Iíd guess heís either at 3B, traded, or platooning in LF.

    Have you been seeing the Mookie Betts/ Braves rumors? Hard for me to see it with one year left on his desk, however very exciting to even consider a lineup with Acuna, Albies, Bertís, Freeman, and Donaldson in it.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,330
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    I guess you could have 3B/ OF as the third need depending on what they do with Riley. I donít think he spends the year in AAA. Start in AAA? Maybe, but I donít think he spends the year there. So Iíd guess heís either at 3B, traded, or platooning in LF.

    Have you been seeing the Mookie Betts/ Braves rumors? Hard for me to see it with one year left on his desk, however very exciting to even consider a lineup with Acuna, Albies, Bertís, Freeman, and Donaldson in it.
    What Betts/Braves are you referring to?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force


  13. #163
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,830
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    What Betts/Braves are you referring to?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iíll have to link it when get home. But most have just hypothetically said the Braves are a team that could have interest and could afford the prospect cost without stripping the Farm.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,330
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Iíll have to link it when get home. But most have just hypothetically said the Braves are a team that could have interest and could afford the prospect cost without stripping the Farm.
    I would love to acquire Betts but I honesty donít think the Red Sox will be able to find a good enough package for him. I mean the Braves, for example, would have to give up 1 of Pache and Waters plus more to get him. He seems a near lock to hit the open market after the year. Seems too risky to give up our stud prospects for just one season. If the Red Sox canít get multiple top prospects then their probably better off just keeping him. Iím also pretty hesitant to think the Braves could give him the contract the wants. If we were to make a huge splash for a bat Lindor would be my first choice. He at least has 2 years of control.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force


  15. #165
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the gym
    Posts
    2,560
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I would love to acquire Betts but I honesty donít think the Red Sox will be able to find a good enough package for him. I mean the Braves, for example, would have to give up 1 of Pache and Waters plus more to get him. He seems a near lock to hit the open market after the year. Seems too risky to give up our stud prospects for just one season. If the Red Sox canít get multiple top prospects then their probably better off just keeping him. Iím also pretty hesitant to think the Braves could give him the contract the wants. If we were to make a huge splash for a bat Lindor would be my first choice. He at least has 2 years of control.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would be content with this. I also saw Betts rumors few days back. It's interesting but at what cost? The signings of relievers does have me wonder if we will go up in payroll, like what bravesworld mentioned. I mean, we can't go start the season with all these holes and questions marks. Something to think about:

    Will Ender be decent enough to be out everyday starter? Will his glove hold up (age) if his bat fair enough?

    Newcomb joining back in rotation? If so, will he least do better than last season?

    Sticking with the rotation, who are our legit starters after Soroka and Fried? Do we really need the Nats to remind us the importance of having a good rotation after years of having Smoltz, Mad dog, and Glavine?

    Are we gonna rely on Riley this year at 3rd?

    We content with Duval/Marky platoon? Which I think that's what we're doing. I'm actually good with this if we can fill more important holes



    Just a thought...

Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •