Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253
Results 781 to 793 of 793
  1. #781
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    428
    I totally love Coaches posts, even If I don't agree with everything. You were against Donaldson last year, and it turned out great. So Arenado will be awesome.

  2. #782
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,827
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveWorld23 View Post
    I truly stand by players hit better at home. Again, Donaldson had an OPS under .800. Andre's Gallaraga had some bad home and away splits with Colorado, and as we all know, was a monster for the Braves. Arenado is the real deal. Rendon had a breakout year and got paid. Arenado has been an MVP candidate for years. You get him if you can.
    See......This is where we differ.....

    Anthony was a 27 th round pick by the Braves in 2008 out of high school, slipped over signing issues. 2011 1rst round 6 th overall. Heís hit over .300/ over .373 obp. Slug over .500, with Ops of .937, .909. And 1.010 over the last 3 yrs! So no he did not have a brake out season, heís been in the upper stratosphere of 3rd baseman for a while! He arrived long before this season. If you want yo say he emerged as a top MVP candidate? Ok. But no this was not his breakout season, that needs to be retracted.

    I do understand your point about Gallaraga, but consider this.... He raked in Mon before Col. hit over .300 twice. So there is at least a track record with him before Col. Nolan doesnít have one.

    In closing Some love him, some fear his contract. I donít want to give up prospects and pay him like a FA! One has to give!
    Last edited by SB75; Yesterday at 09:38 PM.

  3. #783
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,740
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveWorld23 View Post
    I totally love Coaches posts, even If I don't agree with everything. You were against Donaldson last year, and it turned out great. So Arenado will be awesome.
    I was against the JD signing. It felt unneeded. I was wrong - he helped a bunch. If I canít admit I was wrong on something so obvious, how would anyone ever take my posts seriously?!? Haha


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #784
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,827
    One other thought for tonight. In a vacuum Iíd take us without JD over the Natís without Rendon.

  5. #785
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,740
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    One other thought for tonight. In a vacuum Iíd take us without JD over the Natís without Rendon.
    Agreed. I would say that is an evils less to the clubs, if not more for WAS.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #786
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    I was against the JD signing. It felt unneeded. I was wrong - he helped a bunch. If I canít admit I was wrong on something so obvious, how would anyone ever take my posts seriously?!? Haha


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well coach, I will have to second, third, or fourth that! I donít see the need for JD. Manley because I wanted Machado or Harper! JD did out preform what I expected !

  7. #787
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Well coach, I will have to second, third, or fourth that! I donít see the need for JD. Manley because I wanted Machado or Harper! JD did out preform what I expected !
    Lol

  8. #788
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    I was against the JD signing. It felt unneeded. I was wrong - he helped a bunch. If I canít admit I was wrong on something so obvious, how would anyone ever take my posts seriously?!? Haha



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hahaha I hear ya man. I've definitely been wrong a lot

  9. #789
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    See......This is where we differ.....

    Anthony was a 27 th round pick by the Braves in 2008 out of high school, slipped over signing issues. 2011 1rst round 6 th overall. Heís hit over .300/ over .373 obp. Slug over .500, with Ops of .937, .909. And 1.010 over the last 3 yrs! So no he did not have a brake out season, heís been in the upper stratosphere of 3rd baseman for a while! He arrived long before this season. If you want yo say he emerged as a top MVP candidate? Ok. But no this was not his breakout season, that needs to be retracted.

    I do understand your point about Gallaraga, but consider this.... He raked in Mon before Col. hit over .300 twice. So there is at least a track record with him before Col. Nolan doesnít have one.

    In closing Some love him, some fear his contract. I donít want to give up prospects and pay him like a FA! One has to give!
    Yes, this is proving my point. Players are more comfortable at home

  10. #790
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    419
    Cubs fan here wondering if there is any additional chatter regarding Kris Bryant to your team for a host of prospects. Bryant and Quintana for Fried, Anderson, Riley, Ender? I'm prepared to be criticized all of the way back to Chicago. Go easy on me, as I am only repeating what I am hearing among my circle of "homerish" Cubs fans (I am included in that esteemed group, by the way).
    Romans 12:21

  11. #791
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,315
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyD3 View Post
    Cubs fan here wondering if there is any additional chatter regarding Kris Bryant to your team for a host of prospects. Bryant and Quintana for Fried, Anderson, Riley, Ender? I'm prepared to be criticized all of the way back to Chicago. Go easy on me, as I am only repeating what I am hearing among my circle of "homerish" Cubs fans (I am included in that esteemed group, by the way).
    Quintana and Fried being in a deal doesnít make much sense. Braves canít take on additional salary, considering that adding Bryant will put them well over their already record opening day payroll. But Bryant for Anderson, Riley, and Ender is a pretty good deal for both sides. AA seems reluctant to deal any top prospects so Iím hesitant any big trade actually happens.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force


  12. #792
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,740
    I just think Marte makes the most sense for ATL. I think he can be had for Inciarte and 1-2 good (not great) prospects, which is a good price. He is also on a very friendly 11.5M deal for 2020, which if ATL traded Inciarte would only add a few million in payroll.

    He can also be on the team for 1 or 2 years, with a 2021 team option or 2M buyout. So that gives ATL a lot of flexibility with Waters/Pache/Marte over the next couple of years. He also can hit in any number of spots in the lineup, which could be good if ATL is locked in to certain guys in certain spots.

    Maybe something like Inciarte, Wilson, Contreras would get it done. PIT saves a bit of $$ and gets some good young players ATL gets two years of a 3+ WAR player, in his prime, on a team friendly deal.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #793
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    I just think Marte makes the most sense for ATL. I think he can be had for Inciarte and 1-2 good (not great) prospects, which is a good price. He is also on a very friendly 11.5M deal for 2020, which if ATL traded Inciarte would only add a few million in payroll.

    He can also be on the team for 1 or 2 years, with a 2021 team option or 2M buyout. So that gives ATL a lot of flexibility with Waters/Pache/Marte over the next couple of years. He also can hit in any number of spots in the lineup, which could be good if ATL is locked in to certain guys in certain spots.

    Maybe something like Inciarte, Wilson, Contreras would get it done. PIT saves a bit of $$ and gets some good young players ATL gets two years of a 3+ WAR player, in his prime, on a team friendly deal.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sign me up for that trade!

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •