Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253
    I totally love Coaches posts, even If I don't agree with everything. You were against Donaldson last year, and it turned out great. So Arenado will be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveWorld23 View Post
    I truly stand by players hit better at home. Again, Donaldson had an OPS under .800. Andre's Gallaraga had some bad home and away splits with Colorado, and as we all know, was a monster for the Braves. Arenado is the real deal. Rendon had a breakout year and got paid. Arenado has been an MVP candidate for years. You get him if you can.
    See......This is where we differ.....

Anthony was a 27 th round pick by the Braves in 2008 out of high school, slipped over signing issues. 2011 1rst round 6 th overall. Heís hit over .300/ over .373 obp. Slug over .500, with Ops of .937, .909. And 1.010 over the last 3 yrs! So no he did not have a brake out season, heís been in the upper stratosphere of 3rd baseman for a while! He arrived long before this season. If you want yo say he emerged as a top MVP candidate? Ok. But no this was not his breakout season, that needs to be retracted.

I do understand your point about Gallaraga, but consider this.... He raked in Mon before Col. hit over .300 twice. So there is at least a track record with him before Col. Nolan doesnít have one.

In closing Some love him, some fear his contract. I donít want to give up prospects and pay him like a FA! One has to give!
    Last edited by SB75; Yesterday at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveWorld23 View Post
    I totally love Coaches posts, even If I don't agree with everything. You were against Donaldson last year, and it turned out great. So Arenado will be awesome.
    I was against the JD signing. It felt unneeded. I was wrong - he helped a bunch. If I canít admit I was wrong on something so obvious, how would anyone ever take my posts seriously?!? Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One other thought for tonight. In a vacuum Iíd take us without JD over the Natís without Rendon.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    One other thought for tonight. In a vacuum Iíd take us without JD over the Natís without Rendon.
    Agreed. I would say that is an evils less to the clubs, if not more for WAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    I was against the JD signing. It felt unneeded. I was wrong - he helped a bunch. If I canít admit I was wrong on something so obvious, how would anyone ever take my posts seriously?!? Haha

Well coach, I will have to second, third, or fourth that! I donít see the need for JD. Manley because I wanted Machado or Harper! JD did out preform what I expected !

Well coach, I will have to second, third, or fourth that! I donít see the need for JD. Manley because I wanted Machado or Harper! JD did out preform what I expected !
    Lol

Hahaha I hear ya man. I've definitely been wrong a lot

See......This is where we differ.....

Anthony was a 27 th round pick by the Braves in 2008 out of high school, slipped over signing issues. 2011 1rst round 6 th overall. Heís hit over .300/ over .373 obp. Slug over .500, with Ops of .937, .909. And 1.010 over the last 3 yrs! So no he did not have a brake out season, heís been in the upper stratosphere of 3rd baseman for a while! He arrived long before this season. If you want yo say he emerged as a top MVP candidate? Ok. But no this was not his breakout season, that needs to be retracted.

I do understand your point about Gallaraga, but consider this.... He raked in Mon before Col. hit over .300 twice. So there is at least a track record with him before Col. Nolan doesnít have one.

In closing Some love him, some fear his contract. I donít want to give up prospects and pay him like a FA! One has to give!
    Yes, this is proving my point. Players are more comfortable at home

Cubs fan here wondering if there is any additional chatter regarding Kris Bryant to your team for a host of prospects. Bryant and Quintana for Fried, Anderson, Riley, Ender? I'm prepared to be criticized all of the way back to Chicago. Go easy on me, as I am only repeating what I am hearing among my circle of "homerish" Cubs fans (I am included in that esteemed group, by the way).
    Romans 12:21

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyD3 View Post
    Cubs fan here wondering if there is any additional chatter regarding Kris Bryant to your team for a host of prospects. Bryant and Quintana for Fried, Anderson, Riley, Ender? I'm prepared to be criticized all of the way back to Chicago. Go easy on me, as I am only repeating what I am hearing among my circle of "homerish" Cubs fans (I am included in that esteemed group, by the way).
    Quintana and Fried being in a deal doesnít make much sense. Braves canít take on additional salary, considering that adding Bryant will put them well over their already record opening day payroll. But Bryant for Anderson, Riley, and Ender is a pretty good deal for both sides. AA seems reluctant to deal any top prospects so Iím hesitant any big trade actually happens.

2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

I just think Marte makes the most sense for ATL. I think he can be had for Inciarte and 1-2 good (not great) prospects, which is a good price. He is also on a very friendly 11.5M deal for 2020, which if ATL traded Inciarte would only add a few million in payroll.

He can also be on the team for 1 or 2 years, with a 2021 team option or 2M buyout. So that gives ATL a lot of flexibility with Waters/Pache/Marte over the next couple of years. He also can hit in any number of spots in the lineup, which could be good if ATL is locked in to certain guys in certain spots.

Maybe something like Inciarte, Wilson, Contreras would get it done. PIT saves a bit of $$ and gets some good young players ATL gets two years of a 3+ WAR player, in his prime, on a team friendly deal.

I just think Marte makes the most sense for ATL. I think he can be had for Inciarte and 1-2 good (not great) prospects, which is a good price. He is also on a very friendly 11.5M deal for 2020, which if ATL traded Inciarte would only add a few million in payroll.

He can also be on the team for 1 or 2 years, with a 2021 team option or 2M buyout. So that gives ATL a lot of flexibility with Waters/Pache/Marte over the next couple of years. He also can hit in any number of spots in the lineup, which could be good if ATL is locked in to certain guys in certain spots.

Maybe something like Inciarte, Wilson, Contreras would get it done. PIT saves a bit of $$ and gets some good young players ATL gets two years of a 3+ WAR player, in his prime, on a team friendly deal.

Sign me up for that trade!

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253