Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vtgriff09 View Post
    The offense is probably not as good. We switched out a .380 on base guy w/ .900 ops for a .325 on base guy w/ .800 ops.

That said, I am much more confident in the bullpen and the starting rotation is better, but has just as many questions as last yrs end of yr. Hamels has to stay healthy and I do think an extra yr gives Wright or Wilson a shot at growth and to be in the rotation. The bullpen is a massive, massive difference and upgrade.

With tons of money coming off, and tons of young talent in the wings w/ Pache and Waters, Anderson. Wright, Wilson, etc...I still thought that was the window to be able to take Donaldson and think he made us a better team than Ozuna, especially because the same Riley or Camargo could play OF.

I don't hate it at all, and I still wanna believe in Riley, but Camargo isn't going to be that great, his swing is God awful and w/ very poor mechancs that don't replicate, he will neber be consistent. Said he was a fluke a couple yrs ago, don't see him being more than a bench bat. Honestly, should have ditched him and Newcomb when we could have sold very high
    Don't sleep on D'arnaud, I bet he can repeat his second half numbers (109 wRC+), if that's the case then is also a big improvement at catching, the plan is to use him everyday and make Flowers a typical backup catcher, not the way he was used these past two years. Will the improvement at C and LF be enough to offset the downgrade at 3B? I think it would if Camargo/Riley can be at least 100 wRC+.

Does anybody know the monetary value of these supposed multi year offers that ozuna didnít accept?

I have bet on D'Arnaud too many times in my life for strat and fantasy baseball. I love the talent and think he is a flat out player. He has been healthy one yr in his career.

I definitely think his offense could help, but if I were to place a bet between a great season or an injury, I would be torn 50/50
    Last edited by vtgriff09; 01-23-2020 at 07:08 PM.

Another shrewd move by AA. Not flashy but strategical. Bottom line...Pache and Waters are approaching quickly...and we don't want to block those kids. AA is not afraid to promote when they are ready....but we still needed an established bat for the lineup. Ozuna fits the bill.

Basically, it's a repeat of last off-season. A player betting on himself. If it all works out...we get great value while not losing a beat on contention status.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Another shrewd move by AA. Not flashy but strategical. Bottom line...Pache and Waters are approaching quickly...and we don't want to block those kids. AA is not afraid to promote when they are ready....but we still needed an established bat for the lineup. Ozuna fits the bill.

Basically, it's a repeat of last off-season. A player betting on himself. If it all works out...we get great value while not losing a beat on contention status.
    Yes, yes and YES!

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Don't sleep on D'arnaud, I bet he can repeat his second half numbers (109 wRC+), if that's the case then is also a big improvement at catching, the plan is to use him everyday and make Flowers a typical backup catcher, not the way he was used these past two years. Will the improvement at C and LF be enough to offset the downgrade at 3B? I think it would if Camargo/Riley can be at least 100 wRC+.
    This is exactly what I was I saying with my ďIFsĒ post. We need DíArnuad healthy then I can believe he can put up those numbers. I more so believe Riley can come around than Camargo. Heís a super young guy who just came in the league needing to get his rhythm back. I agree with you...

Quote Originally Posted by vtgriff09 View Post
    I have bet on D'Arnaud too many times in my life for strat and fantasy baseball. I love the talent and think he is a flat out player. He has been healthy one yr in his career.

I definitely think his offense could help, but if I were to place a bet between a great season or an injury, I would be torn 50/50
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    This is exactly what I was I saying with my ďIFsĒ post. We need DíArnuad healthy then I can believe he can put up those numbers. I more so believe Riley can come around than Camargo. Heís a super young guy who just came in the league needing to get his rhythm back. I agree with you...
    I have to admit, the homer in me didn't take D'arnaud health into account in my previous post, with a guy of his history playing 130-140 is not a given, or close to it. I'm still a believer that we can match the offensive output of last years team, and even if we're not, I see a more well rounded team. Besides, the Nats lost Rendon and haven't been able to replace his offense even a bit, I like our chances.

I have to admit, the homer in me didn't take D'arnaud health into account in my previous post, with a guy of his history playing 130-140 is not a given, or close to it. I'm still a believer that we can match the offensive output of last years team, and even if we're not, I see a more well rounded team. Besides, the Nats lost Rendon and haven't been able to replace his offense even a bit, I like our chances.
    The part about Rendon has been what Iíve tried to express. While I still expect the Natís to be good, we won the division while they had an elite bat, they where not able to replace him, while we did improve our pen and rotation. I also like our chances as is, itís the greed in me that wants Bryant.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    The part about Rendon has been what Iíve tried to express. While I still expect the Natís to be good, we won the division while they had an elite bat, they where not able to replace him, while we did improve our pen and rotation. I also like our chances as is, itís the greed in me that wants Bryant.
    AA said in an interview that we could've matched the Twins offer for JD but he wasn't comfortable with the offer, JD AAV is 23MM and we sign Ozuna for 18, that means we have at least 5MM left in our payroll, if we opt to trade Greene and Inciarte we may have room for Bryant, or who knows we might have room if we trade just one of them. I think it's unlikely right now but it will put us over the top. The good news is that we have some room to spend at the deadline.

AA said in an interview that we could've matched the Twins offer for JD but he wasn't comfortable with the offer, JD AAV is 23MM and we sign Ozuna for 18, that means we have at least 5MM left in our payroll, if we opt to trade Greene and Inciarte we may have room for Bryant, or who knows we might have room if we trade just one of them. I think it's unlikely right now but it will put us over the top. The good news is that we have some room to spend at the deadline.
    Good to know. I think we are set up well for now and the future. Iím also hoping for a strong comeback season for AJ Minter! If he can preform up to his talent level, we could actually move Green without hesitation. Iím not down on Green, heís just the likely candidate right now. I do believe Inciarte will he moved as soon as Pache is ready for the everyday mlb job, if not before. Not down on Inciarte either, as I donít want Acuna in CF everyday. Heís just the logical odd man out. Especially if Pache, Markakis, and Duvall all tear it up in Spring training.

If the Braves for some reason do hang on to Inciarte, a defensive OF of Pache, Acuna, and Inciarte in the late innings would be spectacular in the playoffs. Acuna would be the worst of the three, try saying tgat. Bout anything else involving Acuna?
    Last edited by SB75; 01-24-2020 at 10:10 AM.

Funny thing I noticed about d'Arnaud; his best two positions in the line up for the Rays were lead off or 8th lol

At lead off: 69 PA, .233/.333/.533/.867 5 HR12 RBI
    8th: 58 AB, .333/.362/.593/.955 4 HR 15 RBI

He was terrible batting 5th:
    83 PA, .162/.217/.189/.406 0 HR 10 RBI
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Funny thing I noticed about d'Arnaud; his best two positions in the line up for the Rays were lead off or 8th lol

At lead off: 69 PA, .233/.333/.533/.867 5 HR12 RBI
    8th: 58 AB, .333/.362/.593/.955 4 HR 15 RBI

He was terrible batting 5th:
    83 PA, .162/.217/.189/.406 0 HR 10 RBI
    I didn't know he was used as a leadoff man last year, crazy things happen in that organization, great thing, but crazy.

I didn't know he was used as a leadoff man last year, crazy things happen in that organization, great thing, but crazy.
    He actually hit 3 opposite field home runs in one game against the Yankees as the lead off hitter, including a 3 run homer off Chapman in the 9th to go up 5-4. Whenever Acuna is out of the lineup, d'Arnaud is our man to hit lead off lol
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by Number2sena View Post
    Does anybody know the monetary value of these supposed multi year offers that ozuna didnít accept?
    So no?

Quote Originally Posted by Number2sena View Post
    So no?
    Lower AAV for sure, never going to find out the real dollars.

Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast