Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Isn't Cole Hamels set to be a free agent too? Could be worth a look once the other top guys are gone and his price shouldn't be too high. I view him similarly to MadBum at this point.

Hope we don't lose Washington, I like him a lot and he seems to be good for the players.
    I wouldnít mind Hamels either. He can still be pitch and would be a solid 5th starter. I would love to have him around our young pitchers too, especially Fried. He would be a solid signing if we miss out on somebody like Wheeler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Will Folty and Freeman have the surgery to remove those bone spurs?

Quote Originally Posted by chuck.mcmillan View Post
    Will Folty and Freeman have the surgery to remove those bone spurs?
    Freeman had surgery on Wednesday. I haven't seen anything to suggest Folty will. His elbow didn't seem to bother him during the season.
    2019 Vikings Draft :

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    We need to stop thinking this way a bit, can't always rely on prospects. The future is now for the Braves, if you tell me that we drafted and advanced number one pick, then I agree, but that's not the case with Langerliers. The soonest Shea could be trusted as a key piece on a championship team is probably 5 years.

We're not rebuilding anymore, we need an upgrade today.
    Yes, but I just donít think it will happen. I donít see a big investment at that position. Iíd rather go after a big outfielder like Castellanos. I mean obviously if the Braves want to sign Donaldson, Castellanos and Grendal, then Iíd be fine with that. But thatís a lot of money for a team like the Braves.

1. I would personally love to see us trade for Salvador Perez. Contreras, Touki, and Duvall.
    2. Trade tor Starling Castro: Inciarte, Brice Wilson, and Jennista.
    3. Sign Wainwright on a 1 year 10mil deal to close and coach. 2nd year team option 10 mil.
    4. Sign Donaldson and platoon Riley with Markakis(pick up option) and Donaldson.
    5. Pick up Teheran's option, trade him if we sign some one better.
    Last edited by chuck.mcmillan; 10-19-2019 at 09:58 AM.

Wainwright? Why? Heís not good anymore
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

He would be good if he had to only pitch 1 inning. Our biggest thing is our closers can't seem to throw a strike.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck.mcmillan View Post
    1. I would personally love to see us trade for Salvador Perez. Contreras, Touki, and Duvall.
    2. Trade tor Starling Castro: Inciarte, Brice Wilson, and Jennista.
    3. Sign Wainwright on a 1 year 10mil deal to close and coach. 2nd year team option 10 mil.
    4. Sign Donaldson and platoon Riley with Markakis(pick up option) and Donaldson.
    5. Pick up Teheran's option, trade him if we sign some one better.
    I would hate if the Braves went after Salvador Pere, he's a big name but his better years have passed, over the last 4 years in which he played (did nor play in 2019) he has 2.9 fWAR to show, that's not good. The trade you propose it's a huge overpay.

I think you meant Starling Marte, he's a good player and is under contract for just one more season I think, it'll be a great add. That proposal won't hurt the Braves much in the long run. Maybe a slight overpay but it might be worth it.

Waino as a closer sounds interesting, 10MM though is a big commitment, a bonus ladden contract with a base salary close to 5MM that will escalate based on production could be alright.

I think we can find a better platoon partner for Riley.

Teheran might be done as a Brave, can't commit that much money to a guy that won't be in the roster when playoffs arrives.

What would you guys offer the Cubs for Willson Contreras or Victor Caratini?
    2019 Vikings Draft :

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Victor Caratini used to be our guy lol, we traded him to the Cubs for Emilio Bonifacio and James Russell.

I'm not so sure, but I think Caratini is rated as a poor defensive catcher, or a guy that can't catch a full year. Contreras on the other hand is a stud, why would the Cubs trade him?

I'm not so sure, but I think Caratini is rated as a poor defensive catcher, or a guy that can't catch a full year. Contreras on the other hand is a stud, why would the Cubs trade him?
    I havenít read anything more than just speculation but thereís a few reasons why. First, the Cubs could be tight on money. Baez, Bryant, Contreras, Schwarber, and Russell are due for arbitration raises. Itís basically inevitable that the Cubs will lose somebody very talented in the next few years. Because they have so much tied down already there isnít much wiggle room to spend big. I read Carantini improved defensively and had a nice season while Contreras was hurt. If they were to trade somebody it seems Contreras is the most logical choice. Heís young and would bet a huge haul and they have a good in house replacement. I doubt they would move Bryant or Baez. I honestly doubt they trade Contreras either but it does seem like it could be an option if they look to shake things up.

2019 Vikings Draft :

I don't care what anyone says. I want Salvador Perez. He is around 30 and has 5 gold gloves. Not to mention he has big power.

I havenít read anything more than just speculation but thereís a few reasons why. First, the Cubs could be tight on money. Baez, Bryant, Contreras, Schwarber, and Russell are due for arbitration raises. Itís basically inevitable that the Cubs will lose somebody very talented in the next few years. Because they have so much tied down already there isnít much wiggle room to spend big. I read Carantini improved defensively and had a nice season while Contreras was hurt. If they were to trade somebody it seems Contreras is the most logical choice. Heís young and would bet a huge haul and they have a good in house replacement. I doubt they would move Bryant or Baez. I honestly doubt they trade Contreras either but it does seem like it could be an option if they look to shake things up.

If I'm the Cubs and I need to trim payroll I start with Russell, he's basically dead weight right now. Then I'd go with Schwarber go is a good but not great player. Both of them are pricey and less controlled than Contreras. Since we are talking about a big market club here, I bet that if they get rid of both they can keep all the other great players.

By the time Contreras get really expensive they'll probably have the money anyway based on expiring contracts. Besides, Caratini is like an UTL player for them, I bet they prefer him in that spot.

In summary, they haver where to trim salary without touching their big players, at least for now. I'm not a Cubs expert though, I might be completely wrong lol.

If I'm the Cubs and I need to trim payroll I start with Russell, he's basically dead weight right now. Then I'd go with Schwarber go is a good but not great player. Both of them are pricey and less controlled than Contreras. Since we are talking about a big market club here, I bet that if they get rid of both they can keep all the other great players.

By the time Contreras get really expensive they'll probably have the money anyway based on expiring contracts. Besides, Caratini is like an UTL player for them, I bet they prefer him in that spot.

In summary, they haver where to trim salary without touching their big players, at least for now. I'm not a Cubs expert though, I might be completely wrong lol.
    I don't think it's likely either and like you said they can cut bait with others to shred salary. I was trying to find this article yesterday but I just found it. The link is below. Bruce Levine, who covers the Cubs for 670 The Score, wrote a few days ago that Contreras is the most logical candidate to be traded. He noted Carantini, their #2 prospect is 20 year old catcher Miguel Amaya, they want to replenish their farm system, and they need young pitching. Maybe they want to maximize Contreras' value while he still has 3 years of control left? He'll also be 30 when he reaches FA so maybe they don't want to invest big money into him at that age? I searched the Cubs top prospects and they really are pretty thin in pitching. Their current rotation is filled with guys 30 and older. For the sake of speculation, the Braves would match up perfectly if this is really a route the Cubs would consider taking. Contreras would be a huge addition to this team.

https://670thescore.radio.com/levine...rber-contreras
    2019 Vikings Draft :