Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 145462636465 LastLast
    I guess we all understand why Brian wanted out of Houston now. The MAN has morals and integrity! Thatís missing in todayís game. Way to teach the young guys B-Mac.

Cole Hamels injured his pitching shoulder working out. Josh Tomlin was resigned to a minor league deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Cole Hamels injured his pitching shoulder working out. Josh Tomlin was resigned to a minor league deal.

He probably won't be ready for the first half of april, which opens up an interesting competition for a rotation spot this spring, Felix Hernandez will probably get a spot now and guys like Newcomb, Wright, Touki, Wilson will fight for the other one. That last starter will have 3-4 starts to prove himself. This is obviously not the way we want to start spring training but at least make it interesting.

https://www.sportstalkatl.com/braves...a-wants-50-50/

I actually think itís possible if heís in the lead-off position. However if he does hit 50 hrs, thereís no way you can keep that in the lead position on an NL team.

Biggest concern with some offseason signings is can they stay healthy. 3 were going to be ?? based off history (Hamels. D'Arnaud, Ozuna). Well..not even through Feb and one of them os hurt already.

Quote Originally Posted by vtgriff09 View Post
    Biggest concern with some offseason signings is can they stay healthy. 3 were going to be ?? based off history (Hamels. D'Arnaud, Ozuna). Well..not even through Feb and one of them os hurt already.
    I guess itís better that he got hurt now instead of mid season. Good news is that it doesnít sound serious and I donít think itís related to his oblique injury from last year. Could be a blessing in disguise if any of our young pitchers step up. A healthy Hamels meant either Felix or one young arm would have a shot. Now 2 young arms have a chance to start off in the rotation. Just trying to put a positive spin on this lol

2019 Vikings Draft :

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Yes I agree he has a fondness for Markakis. Maybe itís his professionalism, work ethic, approach, or preparedness? All traits of a successful person. However It would be a huge mistake to make that the everyday OF IMHO! Markakis no longer possess the offense to demand an everyday spot in the lineup, with his defense slipping. However our manager has already made the decision to lock Acuna in the one hole and Freeman in the 3, so it would not surprise me either. Hopefully a few key players have big enough Springs to Warrant a change of his mind!
    I like Markakis a lot as a player personally for those reasons but I agree that if he's in last year's Matt Joyce role rather than everyday it makes him look a lot better. When Inciarte goes into one of his 4 week slumps at the plate he's the perfect guy to get 3-4 starts per week and then you can always replace him defensively late.

Camargo arrived today and the Braves beat writers are all talking about how good he looks. He's down from 205 last year to 187. Read he put on a power display during his first BP. A rebound season from Camargo would be huge for this team.
    2019 Vikings Draft :

Camargo arrived today and the Braves beat writers are all talking about how good he looks. He's down from 205 last year to 187. Read he put on a power display during his first BP. A rebound season from Camargo would be huge for this team.
    Imagine if we could get 2017 Ozuna and 2018 Camargo

Donít know if this was recent but the Braves hired former Blue Jays manager John Gibbons as a part time college scout.

2019 Vikings Draft :

didn't see anyone else post this but, AA and Snitker got extensions

The Braves announced Monday morning that theyíve promoted general manager Alex Anthopoulos to president of baseball operations and extended his contract through the 2024 season. The Atlanta organization also announced contract extensions for manager Brian Snitker and his entire coaching staff; theyíll now be in place through the 2021 season. Anthopoulos had previously bee under contract through the 2021 season, while Snitker was signed through 2020 with a club option for 2021.
    mlbtraderumors.com

Hypothetically if both Newcomb and King Felix pitch outstanding in ST. Do the Braves look yo trade Newcomb, put him in the pen, or cut King Felix?

I have long been a defender of Newcomb. I have also have long been a fan of King Felix. With Hamels being out the first month, itís possible both of them get there shot.
    Soroka
    Fried
    Folty
    King Felix
    Newcomb

I would Love to see both pitch outer worldly and the Braves have a tough decision to make when he returns.

I think we need Newcomb in the pen regardless of how well he appears to do in spring training. Of course I'd prefer if he were a starter but we've only got one lefty set for the bullpen and he's probably going to be the closer (even though Snit said Melancon still has the job). I don't trust Minter and I think Newc could be a valuable lefty reliever, particularly because he could go multiple innings.

Kyle Wright was pretty impressive yesterday against Boston. 5 Kís in 3 clean innings.

2019 Vikings Draft :

Kyle Wright was pretty impressive yesterday against Boston. 5 Kís in 3 clean innings.

My dream scenario is Wright and Felix winning the last 2 spots. He's got such a high upside that I think we'll need if we're going to make a playoff run. Felix only to see what he's got until Hamels returns.

Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 145462636465 LastLast