Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Between Will Smith, Mark Melancon, and Shane Greene, the Braves could be committing roughly $33.5MM in salary to three relievers next season, Tim Tucker of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution notes. Greeneís salary is still up in the air, as the Braves could potentially non-tender the righty rather than pay him $6.5MM in projected arbitration salary. A non-tender or trade could be possible if the Braves are wary of overspending on their bullpen, since $33.5MM is rather a hefty sum for a trio that only featured one member (Smith) who posted really outstanding numbers in 2019. Tucker observes that the Braves already have around $100MM (barring any more non-tenders) on the books for player payroll for next season, which leaves them with quite a bit of spending capacity if the team is willing or able to match its season-ending $144MM payroll figure from last year.

The above is from MLBTR.

If the Braves actually have 44 million to spend, we can definitely go big game hunting on the FA Market! I like that he brought up the possibility of trading Green to add additional flexibility! However, Im hoping liberty is willing to increase payroll somewhere between 6 and 16 million.

I mean bringing Josh back is going to eat 50-75% of that space, it's not as much as your think.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...mlb-star-again

Iíd think about it on a one year deal, if we lost Josh. However he should receive better offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I mean bringing Josh back is going to eat 50-75% of that space, it's not as much as your think.
    Depends on how itís structured and what we do with Ender. I guess I look at it as the starting point for what we could create.

I'll be surprised if Greene is non tendered. He was off to a bad start but his final 20 1/3 innings he allowed only a 1.77 ERA and opponents hit .171 against him with 17 K's and only 3 walks.

I will also be a little surprised if Ender is traded. His value is at it's lowest and we don't have anybody else on the roster who can play center. I don't think we want Acuna in center full time. At this point I think Ender has more value to the Braves.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

I agree it is unlikely Ender gets traded. It is tough, because his deal gets more expensive every year, making him pricier, older, and with less control. All of that makes his value drop.

What if ATL pursued Ozuna and traded Ender? That would help the middle of the order without adding loads of payroll. It would also mean that one of Pache/Waters would take over CF in 2021 when the Marky platoon goes away. ATL could then move Ender now and know that CF is open when someone emerges. It could also mean one of Waters/Pache is available in a deal for a big bay or Ace.

I donít think that will happen, but just wanted peopleís thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    I agree it is unlikely Ender gets traded. It is tough, because his deal gets more expensive every year, making him pricier, older, and with less control. All of that makes his value drop.

What if ATL pursued Ozuna and traded Ender? That would help the middle of the order without adding loads of payroll. It would also mean that one of Pache/Waters would take over CF in 2021 when the Marky platoon goes away. ATL could then move Ender now and know that CF is open when someone emerges. It could also mean one of Waters/Pache is available in a deal for a big bay or Ace.

I donít think that will happen, but just wanted peopleís thoughts.

Inciarteís contract is pretty fair when heís healthy. If we hold onto him and trade him next year the acquiring team basically has him at 2 years 17 million. Thatís fair for gold glove caliber defense and a career .728 OPS. That is if he rebounds this year.

Even if we hold onto him until his option year comes Iíll be fine with that. I just donít like the idea of having Acuna being the only CF on the roster. Just a guess but I donít think Pacheís bat will be ready this year. Waters can play CF but who knows if his bat will be ready for a full time role. Unless either is ready full time itís probably best to keep them in AAA. We could always bring back Billy Hamilton as depth if we trade Inciarte.

2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

If we had the bullpen we have now at the start of last season, we would have ended up with the best record in baseball. Luke Jackson was our go to guy. He is #4 or #5 deep in our bullpen now.

1. Melancon
    2. Smith
    3. Greene
    4. O'day
    5. Jackson
    6. Webb
    7 and 8. Kyle Wright, Bryce Wilson, and Touki fight it out as Newk goes back to the rotation. In fact I believe they treat Wright like Newk last year, barring a trade. 8 BP arms And 5 bench guys with new 26 man roster.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910