Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Not that this really affects us, but I personally think Tua is going to be a bust. His ankle is going to be a problem moving forward and I think he's going to struggle in the NFL.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Herbert actually reminds a good deal of Trubisky. Similar attributes coming out, similar concerns, but he has more starting experience and for a big time program.

I'd personally just wait for Eason instead of take a chance on Herbert, but I feel like someone pretty decent will fall to the 2nd.
    https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2019/11/0...ustin-herbert/

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Good article. I didn't want my post to sound like I don't like Herbert. I do, but I don't love him. Comparing him to Trubisky the prospect isn't really a knock on him either. Mitch was a good prospect. Herbert's certainly more polished coming out, and I like the way that article highlights his processing speed, since it's clearly one of Trubisky's biggest weaknesses at this level. Herbert likely would fit very well here too with his RPO experience.

I guess I just don't want to trade up for any player that badly. We're in a tough spot now because Pace has traded away a ton of draft capital over the last 3 years. I also expect a QB like Fromm or Eason to make it to day 2.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 11-05-2019 at 11:44 PM.

Good article. I didn't want my post to sound like I don't like Herbert. I do, but I don't love him. Comparing him to Trubisky the prospect isn't really a knock on him either. Mitch was a good prospect. Herbert's certainly more polished coming out, and I like the way that article highlights his processing speed, since it's clearly one of Trubisky's biggest weaknesses at this level. Herbert likely would fit very well here too with his RPO experience.

I guess I just don't want to trade up for any player that badly. We're in a tough spot now because Pace has traded away a ton of draft capital over the last 3 years. I also expect a QB like Fromm or Eason to make it to day 2.
    Really good article. I think processing speed might be the single most important trait of a QB nowadays, as defenses get faster and faster with more disguised coverage. It also is really hard to evaluate. Being able to decipher leverage, coverage and anticipate the exact route a receiver is going to run while being pressed off the line all the while being attacked by 300 lb grown men is a tremendously difficult thing to do and evaluate. Probably the most difficult job in all of sports. Give me the guy that can process things in an elite manner over the guy with elite arm strength, measurables, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mwoodri View Post
    Really good article. I think processing speed might be the single most important trait of a QB nowadays, as defenses get faster and faster with more disguised coverage. It also is really hard to evaluate. Being able to decipher leverage, coverage and anticipate the exact route a receiver is going to run while being pressed off the line all the while being attacked by 300 lb grown men is a tremendously difficult thing to do and evaluate. Probably the most difficult job in all of sports. Give me the guy that can process things in an elite manner over the guy with elite arm strength, measurables, etc.
    Exactly. I actually think you're better off finding somebody with the brain over trying to strike gold with some top prospect with elite measurables. I think that's why guys like Brady, Luck and Manning are/were so successful. They're incredibly smart and can decipher the coverages that are headed their way. Even somebody like Phillip Rivers or Matt Ryan or heck, even Aled Smith. And I think you can usually find those guys in the latter portions of the first round if you're willing to sacrifice on elite talent.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

I'd be interested in a similar breakdown of Jake Fromm, as far as his processing speed goes. He's going to slide, most likely, because he's just an average athlete, has an okay but not great arm, kinda plays the game manager role for Georgia.

I'd be interested in a similar breakdown of Jake Fromm, as far as his processing speed goes. He's going to slide, most likely, because he's just an average athlete, has an okay but not great arm, kinda plays the game manager role for Georgia.
    I just don't see it when I watch Fromm. Such limited upside most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    Not that this really affects us, but I personally think Tua is going to be a bust. His ankle is going to be a problem moving forward and I think he's going to struggle in the NFL.

If he bust it will be because he can't healthy and stay on the field. If he stays healthy and on the field, he will become an elite QB. Best QB prospect, I've seen, since Luck.
    Last edited by Bluefire; 11-06-2019 at 07:34 PM.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    I lean that way too since the windows will be tighter at this level and he rarely pushes the ball down the field, but he's the type of prospect that has a chance to be there in the 2nd.

I'd guess Fromm, Hurts, and Eason all have a shot at making it to day 2. Eason would be my pick if he's there, but I'm afraid some team will fall in love with his upside and he goes much earlier than most expect.

I lean that way too since the windows will be tighter at this level and he rarely pushes the ball down the field, but he's the type of prospect that has a chance to be there in the 2nd.

I'd guess Fromm, Hurts, and Eason all have a shot at making it to day 2. Eason would be my pick if he's there, but I'm afraid some team will fall in love with his upside and he goes much earlier than most expect.
    Eason for me as well. I need to watch more of Hurts. It's just so hard to stomach a guy who literally couldn't throw a football before this year.

Luckily for us unlike the Glennon year, this FA actually has quality bridge options. We technically wouldn't need to force a QB early.

I feel like Fromm's decision making is suspect. Forces a lot of balls and doesn't have the athletic ability or arm to make up for it.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Eason for me as well. I need to watch more of Hurts. It's just so hard to stomach a guy who literally couldn't throw a football before this year.

Luckily for us unlike the Glennon year, this FA actually has quality bridge options. We technically wouldn't need to force a QB early.
    I've watched Hurts a handful of times already and have mostly been underwhelmed. I think Lincoln Riley is just an incredible play caller, he's throwing to a top 10 pick (Lamb), a really good TE, and these guys are schemed wide open a lot of the time, plus the Big 12 has nothing but awful defenses. There's not a lot of evidence that he can throw into tight windows consistently, his arm strength is just okay, and like you said, you have to be concerned about how he played at Alabama... he looked like an UDFA there.

I like Eason more than Fromm but I can see Fromm being very successful in the NFL in the right system. Something similar to what the Vikings run. He's an excellent passer and can make almost every throw and he has the intangibles you want at the position.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    I feel like Fromm's decision making is suspect. Forces a lot of balls and doesn't have the athletic ability or arm to make up for it.
    I disgree. I think he takes risks and forces the ball down field out of aggression, not nessesarily poor decision making. He has good playmakers at wideout and I think its more him giving his guys a chance to make a play rather than forcing the ball. I guess they go hand in hand and its arguing semantics.

I get the critique on his arm though but from what ive seen hes pretty accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    I like Eason more than Fromm but I can see Fromm being very successful in the NFL in the right system. Something similar to what the Vikings run. He's an excellent passer and can make almost every throw and he has the intangibles you want at the position.

I think he'll struggle to throw deep.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast