Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Bears absolutely have to take a QB this year imo. Too much talent in this crop imo. Eason is playing really well against Oregon.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    I would even take Eason if we wanna give Trubisky another year. Eason will probably need to sit anyway.

Also, saw the best comp I've seen yet for Burrow...Tony Romo. That is spot on IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Also, saw the best comp I've seen yet for Burrow...Tony Romo. That is spot on IMO.
    That would be amazing. Romo is the first qb out of HOF territory imo. He was eassssiiillllyyyy better than Big Ben, Eli in his prime imo.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    That would be amazing. Romo is the first qb out of HOF territory imo. He was eassssiiillllyyyy better than Big Ben, Eli in his prime imo.

Better than Eli, but not as good as Ben. Roethlisberger is really underrated. One of the best QBs of our generation.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Better than Eli, but not as good as Ben. Roethlisberger is really underrated. One of the best QBs of our generation.
    I agree he's underrated but he had 2 hall of fame receivers and 2 hall of fame rbs... (old bettis, I know and he was a below average qb during the first super bowl run so that cant count towards his legacy in a positive way imo). Actually, probably 3 HOF receivers depending on how Juju's longevity pans out.

Either way we're pretty close in opinion.

Romo had nothing. A hall of fame te and that's it.

Last edited by blams; 10-20-2019 at 02:46 AM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

We need a QB, but Pace better have learned his lesson and not trade up for another one.

There's a baker's dozen of talent available and 1 will fall to us.
    Broncos be like:

Best Fit: QB Jalen Hurts, Oklahoma

The Chicago Bears have a quarterback problem. They also have a shortage of draft picks after sending their 2020 first-rounder to the Oakland Raiders as part of the Khalil Mack package. The good news is the Bears do have two selections in the second round as part of that trade. This could allow the team to move up in the draft or sit tight and hope a quarterback falls to them.

If Round 2 is where the Bears will draft competition and/or a replacement for Mitchell Trubisky, they can hope Oklahoma's Jalen Hurts doesn't follow in the footsteps of his predecessors and hear his name called No. 1 overall; but head coach Lincoln Riley has a way of making that happen with Oklahoma quarterbacks.

Hurts isn't your traditional quarterback prospect, which is what the Bears need after going the ultra-traditional route with Trubisky. Hurts—a fiery leader and electric dual-threat—is the anti-Trubisky in many ways. He has his warts as a one-year wonder in the passing game, but going back to his starts at Alabama, he's always been able to take over games with his football IQ and athleticism.

If teams believe his passing mechanics and decisions have improved under Riley, the Bears might have to package both second-rounders in order to acquire him; but right now, Hurts looks like the best realistic option for the Bears to cure their quarterback troubles.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...raft-right-now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Want nothing to do with Hurts

Guessing that's from Matt Miller? He's pretty high on Hurts. He was also high on Trubisky FWIW.

I personally don't see it with Hurts. He's putting up incredible numbers at OU, but I've watched a few of his games already and there are some red flags. He's throwing to wide open receivers more often than not (so there's not many tight window throws, anticipatory throws, or chances for him to show any kind of ball placement), his arm strength looks average at best, throwing motion is Tebow-esque, he's in a conference with a reputation for awful defenses, under a coach that's gotten the absolute most out his last 2 QB's (and I really liked both Baker and Kyler as prospects), has played with elite talent his entire college career, and you can't discount his struggles at Alabama.

He may end being a good/very good pro QB, but he comes with a significant amount of risk IMO. Though just about anyone you're settling for in Round 2 will have some red flags. I like Eason the most of anyone that could be there.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 10-23-2019 at 04:57 PM.

How was Trubisky an ultra-traditional pick? To me, that signifies a few things: ran a pro offense, has the stature, has significant experience, consensus top pick available at the position, etc.

Hurts sucked at Alabama. The only way I want him is if Lincoln Riley comes with him.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Only taken a quick glance (under 5min of their highlights) at a few of the QB prospects (a list of them would be wonderful)...

First impressions:

-Burrow seems like he has a weak arm.

-Eason has a lot of zip on his passes.... BUT... I haven't seen enough touch out of him yet... He seemingly just lazers that thing every throw so far. I'd add he also looks like he's trying hard to throw hard, if that makes sense... Like when Mahomes was coming out, his passes had tons of zip, but he also had demonstrated the ability to throw touch passes, off platform passes, and his deep shots looked effortless...

-Hurts I watched his highlights the longest, and can't put my finger on what I dislike... but I don't want him. He reminds me of RG3 without any of the demonstrable super athleticism that made RG3 successful... I just never once saw a "wow" play.... which is bad for a HIGHLIGHT video.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...t-them-qb/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...t-them-qb/amp/

If Herbert is there at 22, you trade up for him. I imagine next years 1st and one of our seconds is more than enough do it.

Lamar Jackson trade for framework:
    "the Ravens sent their 52nd, 125th picks and a 2019 second-round selection to Philadelphia in exchange for the 32nd and 132nd selections this year."

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Herbert actually reminds a good deal of Trubisky. Similar attributes coming out, similar concerns, but he has more starting experience and for a big time program.

I'd personally just wait for Eason instead of take a chance on Herbert, but I feel like someone pretty decent will fall to the 2nd.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast