Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I haven't seen enough of either to have a strong opinion about it. You're nothing without a QB in this league though, so I'd do it if I was convinced of the former.

That being said, that would literally put Pace out to pasture if he got that wrong sooner then he would otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    I haven't seen enough of either to have a strong opinion about it. You're nothing without a QB in this league though, so I'd do it if I was convinced of the former.

That being said, that would literally put Pace out to pasture if he got that wrong sooner then he would otherwise.
    Probably not the worst thing since it'd be impossible to trust him again with drafting a QB.

I think you'll like Eason. He's getting Mahomes comps in terms of pure arm talent. Unfortunately, he's also pretty inexperienced. Not sure we wanna go down that road again.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    If we're convinced Trubisky isn't the guy (I'm basically there already), would you move both 2's and a future 1 to go get a QB? I doubt we could get high enough for Burrow, but maybe in range for Herbert or Eason.

I wouldn't hate it, but with the OL, WR, DB, EDGE questions it'd be very risky.
    This is the scary thing. No draft capital, not really anymore money to spend. Feels like we went all in and lost.

Ceedee Lamb is an absolute monster. We won't have any chance at him, but there's some awesome WR's in this draft. Might have a chance at Ruggs or Higgins with one of our 2's.
    Give me Tyler Johnson.

Nevermind.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 10-13-2019 at 04:53 PM.

If we're convinced Trubisky isn't the guy (I'm basically there already), would you move both 2's and a future 1 to go get a QB? I doubt we could get high enough for Burrow, but maybe in range for Herbert or Eason.

Helfrich worked with Hebert in Oregon, right? Gotta trust his evaluation.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il

No. for 2 reasons. 1 giving up on mitch afterhis 3rd year feels too early for me.

but 2. it won't get us high enough for anyone good IMO. I would trade 1 of the 2nds for a 1st next year. that gives us plenty of Ammo to move up in 2021 draft. It also gives mitch one more year to turn it around.

If you truely beleive that a Late first (likely what that trade gets u) QB could step in day 1 and be better than Mitch year 1 its also just incredibly unlikely. i get the idea u dont trust Mitch and want to Utilize this Ds lifespan to compete. But thats why i would try and get capital to move up up and get a more sure fire guy then Just drafting a mid first guy and hope he can. The guys who are thought of to be good enough dont fall outside the top 15. I mean it would just feel like we traded alot for a guy like Dwane Haskins whi doesn't have anything special

Honest truth though. using those picks to upgrade the OL and make us a run first QB might help the team just as much as Drafting a late first QB. I trutly think this team could win a superbowl as a run first team with Mitch.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 10-14-2019 at 10:48 PM.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    No. for 2 reasons. 1 giving up on mitch afterhis 3rd year feels too early for me.

but 2. it won't get us high enough for anyone good IMO. I would trade 1 of the 2nds for a 1st next year. that gives us plenty of Ammo to move up in 2021 draft. It also gives mitch one more year to turn it around.

If you truely beleive that a Late first (likely what that trade gets u) QB could step in day 1 and be better than Mitch year 1 its also just incredibly unlikely. i get the idea u dont trust Mitch and want to Utilize this Ds lifespan to compete. But thats why i would try and get capital to move up up and get a more sure fire guy then Just drafting a mid first guy and hope he can.

Honest truth though. using those picks to upgrade the OL and make us a run first QB might help the team just as much as Drafting a late first QB. I trutly think this team could win a superbowl as a run first team with Mitch.
    That's fair. I've thought more about it and I wouldn't do it either. This team is going to have more holes to fill than some realize, so keeping the draft capital we have and spreading it around on those needs makes more sense.

That's fair. I've thought more about it and I wouldn't do it either. This team is going to have more holes to fill than some realize, so keeping the draft capital we have and spreading it around on those needs makes more sense.
    Dont get me wrong. im all in favor of making preperations for that inevitability. But trying to move up this year. Feels unlikely with the lack of Assets.

-Rem Koolhaas

Dont get me wrong. im all in favor of making preperations for that inevitability. But trying to move up this year. Feels unlikely with the lack of Assets.
    I agree. That Oakland pick isn't looking as great as we expected either.

Hopefully they release Mike Davis soon to recoup a 4th.

Side Idea.

trade Our 2nd and Shaheen for OJ Howard

Use thr Raiders 2nd round pick on the best OG/OC in the draft.

You finally end up with you Zack Ertz/Travis Kelce. U boost the OL. Hopefully u can start to run the ball taking pressure off mitch to throw for wins

Idk. that feels kinda ideal to me. If we can have this D and a Running game Mitch has to be Alex smith and I think u can win.

-Rem Koolhaas

I really really hate when current/ex coaches/ talking heads talk about a player/student how they were "raised right" it's ****ing disgusting.

Side Idea.

trade Our 2nd and Shaheen for OJ Howard

Use thr Raiders 2nd round pick on the best OG/OC in the draft.

You finally end up with you Zack Ertz/Travis Kelce. U boost the OL. Hopefully u can start to run the ball taking pressure off mitch to throw for wins

Idk. that feels kinda ideal to me. If we can have this D and a Running game Mitch has to be Alex smith and I think u can win.
    Too much for Howard. Iíd love to have him but he hasnít proven anything. Yet alone to say the bears end up with their ertz/kelce. He could quite possibly only be a burton. Reminds me of the Olsen trade years back and the bears only got a 3rd. Might do that for Howard but that might even be a bit much for me. Comfortably a 4th.

Bears absolutely have to take a QB this year imo. Too much talent in this crop imo. Eason is playing really well against Oregon.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Too much for Howard. Iíd love to have him but he hasnít proven anything. Yet alone to say the bears end up with their ertz/kelce. He could quite possibly only be a burton. Reminds me of the Olsen trade years back and the bears only got a 3rd. Might do that for Howard but that might even be a bit much for me. Comfortably a 4th.
    He had 560 yards in 10 games last year. 70% Catch Rate. Thats 890 yards pro rated last year. HE was a 1st round pick. Just because The new bucs coaching staff doesnt use him doesnt mean he hasnt done anything.

And as far as Greg Vs Howard. Check their Yards per catch and get back to me.

-Rem Koolhaas

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast