Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I wouldn’t call foles a perfect fit lol. He has had some success in this system and is familiar with Nagy. But he’s still a bottom 3rd to 4th tier QB. I do think with this defense he is a good option, but he is going to cost a lot and doesn’t really do anything other than give us a slightly better shot than Mitch/Daniel.
    Thank you. Foles at least has shown something in the past. I would never watch a single Bears game if we trot out Joe Flacco as our quarterback.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    Thank you. Foles at least has shown something in the past. I would never watch a single Bears game if we trot out Joe Flacco as our quarterback.
    I think you'd be disappointed to find out Flacco runs a much more professional passing offense.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I'm really loving Joe Burrow, but the way he's playing he'll be QB2 behind Tua, very likely top 10 pick. He has the same kinda swag/It factor that Baker had a couple years ago.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 10-05-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Watching Jacob Eason right now. He's going to get a lot of 1st round buzz. His limited experience might push him to back half of the 1st or early 2nd.

He's got a Mahomes level arm though, but a bit more raw (and obviously less experienced) coming out. He'd be an awesome guy to draft and sit for 1-2 years behind an Alex Smith/Nick Foles type.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Watching Jacob Eason right now. He's going to get a lot of 1st round buzz. His limited experience might push him to back half of the 1st or early 2nd.

He's got a Mahomes level arm though, but a bit more raw (and obviously less experienced) coming out. He'd be an awesome guy to draft and sit for 1-2 years behind an Alex Smith/Nick Foles type.
    Welp, you know I'm all in on eason by reading he has a cutty level arm.

How does his decision making look?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Ceedee Lamb is an absolute monster. We won't have any chance at him, but there's some awesome WR's in this draft. Might have a chance at Ruggs or Higgins with one of our 2's.

Ceedee Lamb is an absolute monster. We won't have any chance at him, but there's some awesome WR's in this draft. Might have a chance at Ruggs or Higgins with one of our 2's.
    I have no idea what we are gonna do with our picks this year man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I have no idea what we are gonna do with our picks this year man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hoping for a QB and WR TBH. It's a pretty loaded draft for both positions.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 10-12-2019 at 05:43 PM.

Kind of chuckle about the loaded/unloaded draft position talk. When Mitch was drafted, it was supposed to be one of the weakest QB classes in years. It wasn’t uncommon opinion that there wasn’t a 1st round starter. Fast forward, 2/3 are playing at all time historic level lol. On the flip side, most years dubbed “loaded QB class” turns into duds or average starters.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Kind of chuckle about the loaded/unloaded draft position talk. When Mitch was drafted, it was supposed to be one of the weakest QB classes in years. It wasn’t uncommon opinion that there wasn’t a 1st round starter. Fast forward, 2/3 are playing at all time historic level lol. On the flip side, most years dubbed “loaded QB class” turns into duds or average starters.
    Most draft picks inevitably fail.

How the players look as prospects and how they develop as pros are two different things. It's dependent on the situation they land in, work ethic, and injury luck.

In terms of a position being loaded, I'm saying there's both high end talent and depth. Projecting where they'll be in 2-3 years is almost impossible in most cases. Mahomes is the prime example of that. I thought he'd be good, but I doubt anyone - including Andy Reid, thought he'd be historically great from the start.

Anyway, don't get too caught up in the revisionist history with draft picks. You can do it with any team in any draft. It's pointless. The evaluation process is still fun even though the draft is a giant crapshoot.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 10-12-2019 at 09:14 PM.

I don't care what anybody says about this draft and the number of QBs there are, Burrow is going to be the best QB if he declares when it's all said and done. That is unless he ends up getting a Rosen/Haskins treatment.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    I don't care what anybody says about this draft and the number of QBs there are, Burrow is going to be the best QB if he declares when it's all said and done. That is unless he ends up getting a Rosen/Haskins treatment.
    I love Burrow. He likely won't go ahead of Tua, but he's going to push for top 5-10ish territory.

Most draft inevitably fail.

How the players look as prospects and how they develop as pros are two different things. It's dependent on the situation they land in, work ethic, and injury luck.

In terms of a position being loaded, I'm saying there's both high end talent and depth. Projecting where they'll be in 2-3 years is almost impossible in most cases. Mahomes is the prime example of that. I thought he'd be good, but I doubt anyone - including Andy Reid, thought he'd be historically great from the start.

Anyway, don't get too caught up in the revisionist history with draft picks. You can do it with any team in any draft. It's pointless.
    I agree. And I definitely don’t fault you or anyone who wants to take advantage of a deep positional group in a draft class. Was just kind of making a general observation.

Burrow is my favorite QB in this draft. Bad year not to have a number 1 to be able to trade up.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Burrow is my favorite QB in this draft. Bad year not to have a number 1 to be able to trade up.
    If we're convinced Trubisky isn't the guy (I'm basically there already), would you move both 2's and a future 1 to go get a QB? I doubt we could get high enough for Burrow, but maybe in range for Herbert or Eason.

I wouldn't hate it, but with the OL, WR, DB, EDGE questions it'd be very risky.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 10-12-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast