Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    slowly coming around to Mims. I dont think his speed flashes on tape like some others like Hamler or Reagor...... but I have to admit i love his physicality and ability to use it to create seperation.

https://youtu.be/_r_9ZBwmjMc

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

I doubt Mims is there at 43 anyway. Same goes for Reagor.

My strategy would be a trade back from 43 to somewhere between the 80-100 range, hopefully coming away with a 3rd, 4th, and either a 5th or 6th. Then take one of a S or IOL at 50. My board at that point would be between Jeremy Chinn and Matt Hennessy, two players we've met with in person (and I believe they met with them both again via FaceTime), and they both fit the athletic profile Pace likes to target for those positions.

I wouldn't hate taking a CB either, but we're in real trouble if we don't get starters from S and RG in this draft, and I'm not too high on this CB group. I also think, as someone else mentioned in the offseason thread, we may have a chance at bringing Prince back on the cheap.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 04-08-2020 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I doubt Mims is there at 43 anyway. Same goes for Reagor.

My strategy would be a trade back from 43 to somewhere between the 80-100 range, hopefully coming away with a 3rd, 4th, and either a 5th or 6th. Then take one of a S or IOL at 50. My board at that point would be between Jeremy Chinn and Matt Hennessy, two players we've met with in person (and I believe they met with them both again via FaceTime), and they both fit the athletic profile Pace targets for those positions. I wouldn't hate taking a CB either, but we're in real trouble if we don't get starters from S and RG in this draft.
    I dont know. Something tells me somebody has to be there at 43... I mean can you really see 8-9 WRs going in the first 40 picks.... I get that there is alot of receiving tallent but IDK if i see that many teams burning a first for one.

Also FWIW i have seen you propose trade downs multiple times..... however i have to admit your value seems to allways suck... especially the idea of trading down neaely 40 spots. FWIW Here are a few trades in the last few years around our picks

42: Cincinnati → Denver (D). Cincinnati traded their second-round selection (42nd) to Denver in exchange for Denver's second-, fourth- and sixth-round selections (52nd, 125th and 182nd)

The Rams traded this second-round selection (45th) to New England in exchange for New England's second- and third-round selections (56th and 101st).

New England traded a second-round selection (43rd) to Detroit in exchange for Detroit's second- and fourth-round selections (51st and 117th)

Washington traded second- and fifth-round selections (44th and 142nd) to San Francisco in exchange for San Francisco's second- and third-round selections (59th and 74th)

Indianapolis traded a second-round selection (49th to the Philadelphia in exchange for the Philadelphia's second- and fifth-round selections (52nd and 169th).

Cincinnati traded a second-round selections (41st) to Minnesota in exchange for Minnesota's second- and fourth-round selections (48th and 128th)

Personally i would not trade down more than 10 spots or so. U can get quite a bit of value and the change from 43-53 doesn't seem that drastic. U could easily pick up a 4th in either situation. a 3rd if somebody really wants to get up. And if u really want a higher pick u could always find a way to package our 5th or 6th to get back up.

i just know I think you have to come away with 2 impact level players out of this draft. we have too many holes to be able to cover them up otherwise. And whether those two impact players come at 43 or 50.... or a bit later via trade down..... I dont care but by the time u get into say the 80s....... your really lucky to find a quality starter.

To me..... my gut tells me 43 will be a reciever ....... u will only know when you get there but somebody we like will probably be on the board

at 50.... i see a trade down. maybe 10 spots to pick up a 4th And use that on an OG. I don't see any reason to feel rushed to draft a guard at 43 or 50 though.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    slowly coming around to Mims. I dont think his speed flashes on tape like some others like Hamler or Reagor...... but I have to admit i love his physicality and ability to use it to create seperation.

https://youtu.be/_r_9ZBwmjMc
    Nothing sexier in a football practice than watching one on ones between WRs and DBs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I dont know. Something tells me somebody has to be there at 43... I mean can you really see 8-9 WRs going in the first 40 picks.... I get that there is alot of receiving tallent but IDK if i see that many teams burning a first for one.

Also FWIW i have seen you propose trade downs multiple times..... however i have to admit your value seems to allways suck... especially the idea of trading down neaely 40 spots. FWIW Here are a few trades in the last few years around our picks

42: Cincinnati → Denver (D). Cincinnati traded their second-round selection (42nd) to Denver in exchange for Denver's second-, fourth- and sixth-round selections (52nd, 125th and 182nd)

The Rams traded this second-round selection (45th) to New England in exchange for New England's second- and third-round selections (56th and 101st).

New England traded a second-round selection (43rd) to Detroit in exchange for Detroit's second- and fourth-round selections (51st and 117th)

Washington traded second- and fifth-round selections (44th and 142nd) to San Francisco in exchange for San Francisco's second- and third-round selections (59th and 74th)

Indianapolis traded a second-round selection (49th to the Philadelphia in exchange for the Philadelphia's second- and fifth-round selections (52nd and 169th).

Cincinnati traded a second-round selections (41st) to Minnesota in exchange for Minnesota's second- and fourth-round selections (48th and 128th)

Personally i would not trade down more than 10 spots or so. U can get quite a bit of value and the change from 43-53 doesn't seem that drastic. U could easily pick up a 4th in either situation. a 3rd if somebody really wants to get up. And if u really want a higher pick u could always find a way to package our 5th or 6th to get back up.

i just know I think you have to come away with 2 impact level players out of this draft. we have too many holes to be able to cover them up otherwise. And whether those two impact players come at 43 or 50.... or a bit later via trade down..... I dont care but by the time u get into say the 80s....... your really lucky to find a quality starter.

To me..... my gut tells me 43 will be a reciever ....... u will only know when you get there but somebody we like will probably be on the board

at 50.... i see a trade down. maybe 10 spots to pick up a 4th And use that on an OG. I don't see any reason to feel rushed to draft a guard at 43 or 50 though.
    The trade down value is hypothetical dude. No need to take my valuation so literally, lol. But it's natural to expect a decent haul if you're moving down 40-60 picks though. I'm just throwing stuff out there, but a lot of factors determine the return. I don't mind moving down quite a bit either since this is a pretty deep draft, especially at some positions of need for us (S, WR, EDGE), so the difference between a guy at 60 and a guy at 80 is minimal IMO.

Anyway, I don't think they're taking a WR that high. They've met with too many other prospects in that range that could be day one starters and Pace's draft strategy is usually pretty transparent. He drafts for immediate need more often than not and we badly need starters at S, RG, and CB. I don't believe WR is more of a need than those 3. I do think they'll take one at some point though.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 04-08-2020 at 01:06 PM.

I keep seeing Kmet fall to our 2nd and we pass. I think we’d be crazy to pass on him. He’s a specimen.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I keep seeing Kmet fall to our 2nd and we pass. I think we’d be crazy to pass on him. He’s a specimen.
    Lol, specimen? He's an okay athlete, but nothing special. His 3 cone was brutal and his 20 Yard shuffle was below average too. The only reason he's considered a top guy is because this draft blows at TE.

Considering our needs at S, IOL, CB, WR, plus having a bunch of TE's already under contract, Kmet, or any other TE that early, is a wasted pick.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 04-09-2020 at 09:36 AM.

Lol, specimen? He's an okay athlete, but nothing special. His 3 cone was brutal and his 20 Yard shuffle was below average too. The only reason he's considered a top guy is because this draft blows at TE.

Considering our needs at S, IOL, CB, WR, plus having a bunch of TE's already under contract, Kmet, or any other TE that early, is a wasted pick.
    Question in TE - How large a part of the struggle that we saw the offense have in 2019 was due to TE play? We know Nagy’s offense loves TEs and in 2018 when Burton was playing well, the offense looked much better.

I think this is why Pace prioritized Graham. I think the offense needs a capable TE. If Graham and Burton were just decent, this offense could look total different in 2020.

This is not a rationale to take a TE early in the draft. I am just thinking out loud...

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    Question in TE - How large a part of the struggle that we saw the offense have in 2019 was due to TE play? We know Nagy’s offense loves TEs and in 2018 when Burton was playing well, the offense looked much better.

I think this is why Pace prioritized Graham. I think the offense needs a capable TE. If Graham and Burton were just decent, this offense could look total different in 2020.

This is not a rationale to take a TE early in the draft. I am just thinking out loud...

I think it's very important to have a solid tight end in this offense. Maybe Graham will return to his form from a few seasons ago lol.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I think it's crucial to this offense. You see it in KC. Kelce is great, but he's force fed targets too. This system is designed to get playmakers open in space, and while Graham is no longer a playmaker, there's going to be plenty of targets available in the middle of the field for him and Burton. They're also move pieces that can line up everywhere. Pace also signed Demetrius Harris before free agency, who spent time in that system in KC, so there's too many guys in front of a draftee.

The position usually takes a year or two to develop as well, which makes it even harder to justify taking one so early. You have to come away with a couple starters at 43/50 (or if you trade back a bit). Really can't afford not to.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 04-09-2020 at 02:06 PM.

Last edited by DamnGoat; 04-09-2020 at 03:30 PM.

im not opposed to drafting a TE early.... though i understand why some are against it. truth is TEs rarely make an instant impact. And we have quite a few positions much more important in terms of needing just that. S..... OG..... Hell i think OT could be high. CB...... even a 3rd string ILB might being more value to this team year 1 than a TE. Its just hard to imagine a rok breaking into the lineup with our current roster of Jimmy and Burton....... and they may not even be better than shaheen right away

Personally thats why i would take a guy late and try and develop him. I think it could be surprising how many of these guys fall anyway. Keene... Hunter Bryant ... Harrison Bryant.... Devin Asaisi.... Jarred Rice... or Nigel Kilby could all be taken and developed for a year.

-Rem Koolhaas

Bears should bring in both Antonio Gibson and Lynn Bowden and get wild.

Page 43 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast