Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ImGoinToJackson View Post
    How old are the kids? I've got one and we have been doing all sorts of stuff. She is 7yo and autistic so we always have our hands full.
    My daughter is about to be 4. We've done a lot of stuff, but once I start going back to the same well, she gets tired of it pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by giventofly View Post
    Weed inhibits the body's ability to enter REM sleep. So while you may feel tired and doze off, you won't be getting the sleep that actually matters.

Not to say you didn't already know that, but if you didn't...I'm here to nerd it up for a little bit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Hmm, so maybe it isn’t the answer. Always encourage people nerding it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    That's sorta the point I was trying to make, in more of a roundabout way.

The NYC health commissioner told people to go about their lives in early-mid March and said risk was very low. de Blasio reinforced that a couple days before the National Emergency was declared.

If that's the way leaders in our largest city are acting, it's probably not dissimilar to others in large cities, states, and national government.

New Orleans still held Mardi Gras...and now they're getting crushed. Several cities were still planning on St. Patrick's Day parades up until the last minute. There's tons of examples of government officials on every level not taking it seriously.
    Because money talks. These governors didnt want to lose out on all that drinking money for the major holidays. Look at the governor of Georgia....you REALLY think that guy didnt understand asymptomatic transmission? No, he was trying to cash in on spring breakers because he didnt care if they spread it or not. He wasnt at the beach.

I work in the hospital, Given, and our biggest problem has been the outright lying by patients. They come wanting their surgeries and they deny symptoms. Post-op they start showing signs and by the time tests come back conclusive we've got 20 to 70 coworkers exposed.
    I do anesthesia, as a nurse. I'm in their airways and ventilating them the whole case. 12-hours a day. I'm all for everybody wearing masks in public all the time. I'm all for everybody staying home. I hate it for the economy and jobs. But I have a 7yo and 2 70-yos in my house and I cannot bring this home. I just can't.

I work in the hospital, Given, and our biggest problem has been the outright lying by patients. They come wanting their surgeries and they deny symptoms. Post-op they start showing signs and by the time tests come back conclusive we've got 20 to 70 coworkers exposed.
    I do anesthesia, as a nurse. I'm in their airways and ventilating them the whole case. 12-hours a day. I'm all for everybody wearing masks in public all the time. I'm all for everybody staying home. I hate it for the economy and jobs. But I have a 7yo and 2 70-yos in my house and I cannot bring this home. I just can't.
    Thanks for everything you’re doing man, scary stuff right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Exactly. Liars...people that dont understand the severity of people's lungs turning to concrete. People are so ****ing selfish. And they don't listen to authority. Even when authority and medical professionals are telling people, hey stay in your ****ing homes, dont go to work, and we'll give you 1200 bucks on top of it.

It's amazing that the natural response of most humans is to consume. Hoard the toilet paper, the lysol, the alcohol, the masks. They dont understand that OTHER people need this stuff too or their own supplies will be rendered useless.

Be safe bro.

1. Scavenger hunts; make your own and join in.
    2. Kiwico.com They send crates of the coolest activities and she is the perfect age.
    3. Most major education publishing companies have opened fire portals for parents to find educational materials online for parents to use... Free!
    4. You live in Arkansas? Time to learn how to fish.'
    5. Grow seedlings and teach her how to garden. Our preschool started our daughter on that and she loves it. Flowers and fruits and veggies.
    6. There are countless apps that are education-based and not simply poison for the mind.
    7. Legos!
    8. Read to her children books. Kindle has plenty for free.
    9. Do you have a keyboard? Start piano lessons for simple things; twinkle twinkle little star or chop sticks.
    10. Its ok for them to get bored, thats when they develop creativity. Embrace it and help nurture her creative side in the process.
    11. picnics
    12. FaceTime play dates; family, friends
    Last edited by ImGoinToJackson; 04-03-2020 at 08:20 PM. Reason: ideas

Plenty of medical professionals saw this coming in January and February. Not to make this political, but when Trump brought in John Bolton, they cut the Disaster/Outbreak Emergency protocol or whatever it was called that was put in place by the last administration. The initial response to this pandemic was horrible.

Yes, the media is irresponsible for sensationalizing it. Yes, the death rate is very skewed due to limited testing. But a damn near shut down of this country is almost necessary due to the pathetic response at the beginning of the year. The very first thing we have to worry about is that the hospitals can run properly. Once those go, it's all over. You can walk outside right now and see that people aren't following the ****ing rules...so perhaps we need something more strict put in place?

I'm a pharmacist. I have to touch and be near 100s of people a day. Coughing in my face. Touching my work area. Handing me their nasty prescriptions. Transacting with dirty, disgusting cash. And we have less PPE than doctors and nurses. I had to cover my pharmacy with a ****ing clear shower curtain to help prevent me and my staff from getting sick. So the people that are out partying and gathering in large groups can suck it. Everybody is complaining, but I'd love to be stuck inside the safety of my own home these days.

I'm sure they did. I'm not disputing that. Plenty of non medical professionals thought this could get bad too. Senator Tom Cotton, from my state, was talking about it in January. One of my coworkers was slowly building up his supply of essentials for about a month between January and February... hasn't left his house in 3 weeks.

I'm not saying social isolation or distancing isn't necessary.

I won't speak to the political part of any of it aside from it seems most, if not all, of them weren't prepared. I won't speculate on the reasoning for it from that end.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 04-03-2020 at 07:49 PM.

I'm sure they did. I'm not disputing that. Plenty of non medical professionals thought this could get bad too. Senator Tom Cotton, from my state, was talking about it in January. One of my coworkers was slowly building up his supply of essentials for about a month between January and February... hasn't left his house in 3 weeks.

I'm not saying social isolation or distancing isn't necessary.
    Nope, not saying you were. Or anybody here inparticular.

Just was getting across my point that the initial response fromour government has been....just bad.

better judgement

Oh you are welcome. I knew what I was getting into so no need to thank me. BTW, try melatonin to fall asleep. real, tart cherry juice (no extract or concentrates) will help sleep as well. No prescriptions either.
    Last edited by ImGoinToJackson; 04-03-2020 at 08:02 PM.

Exactly. Liars...people that dont understand the severity of people's lungs turning to concrete. People are so ****ing selfish. And they don't listen to authority. Even when authority and medical professionals are telling people, hey stay in your ****ing homes, dont go to work, and we'll give you 1200 bucks on top of it.

It's amazing that the natural response of most humans is to consume. Hoard the toilet paper, the lysol, the alcohol, the masks. They dont understand that OTHER people need this stuff too or their own supplies will be rendered useless.

Be safe bro.

Thanks man. Y'all as well! Heck all y'all. Would hate to have one less bears fan to argue with in here, lol.

1. Scavenger hunts; make your own and join in.
    2. Kiwico.com They send crates of the coolest activities and she is the perfect age.
    3. Most major education publishing companies have opened fire portals for parents to find educational materials online for parents to use... Free!
    4. You live in Arkansas? Time to learn how to fish.'
    5. Grow seedlings and teach her how to garden. Our preschool started our daughter on that and she loves it. Flowers and fruits and veggies.
    6. There are countless apps that are education-based and not simply poison for the mind.
    7. Legos!
    8. Read to her children books. Kindle has plenty for free.
    9. Do you have a keyboard? Start piano lessons for simple things; twinkle twinkle little star or chop sticks.
    10. Its ok for them to get bored, thats when they develop creativity. Embrace it and help nurture her creative side in the process.
    11. picnics
    12. facet play dates; family, friends
    Some good suggestions here. I have been reading to her a lot, she has ton of Lego Duplo's, we've been doing some planting lately since we've had some 70-80° days recently, a bunch of different craft projects, and we've gotten several suggestions from her school (she's in a Montessori school).

I'll check out Kiwico, the publishing companies, and apps (though it is a challenge sometimes to find ones that aren't just noise. Is there a publishing company you can recommend to get me started?

Thanks for the detailed reply.

Just to add to the stuff about hoarding... the grocery store workers are getting crushed right now. The workers responsible for replenishment are too. The facilities that distribute the groceries are working 10-12 hour shifts of really exhausting manual labor. Most of these jobs don't pay particularly well and some don't even guarantee time off if they get sick.

Don't be a dick to these people and don't be the dick buying months worth of supplies, making it harder on everyone else, including them and the general public.

Some good suggestions here. I have been reading to her a lot, she has ton of Lego Duplo's, we've been doing some planting lately since we've had some 70-80° days recently, a bunch of different craft projects, and we've gotten several suggestions from her school (she's in a Montessori school).

I'll check out Kiwico, the publishing companies, and apps (though it is a challenge sometimes to find ones that aren't just noise. Is there a publishing company you can recommend to get me started?

Thanks for the detailed reply.
    PM me an e-mail and I'll send something to you for pre-K.

Apps: ABC Mouse, storyonline.net, busy shapes, toca apps

PM me an e-mail and I'll send something to you for pre-K.

Apps: ABC Mouse, storyonline.net, busy shapes, toca apps
    Check your inbox.

Page 41 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast