Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    I donít think being around your friends and family is a bad thing. Weíre allowed to order food for Christís sake lol....I donít know that cook or delivery driver. Nameless and faceless. Allowed to go to the store, pharmacy, doctor etc. Thereís a lot of risk in every day life without corona and obviously more so now. But I doubt think people should completely shutout their family during the biggest night of their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I donít think being around your friends and family is a bad thing. Weíre allowed to order food for Christís sake lol....I donít know that cook or delivery driver. Nameless and faceless. Allowed to go to the store, pharmacy, doctor etc. Thereís a lot of risk in every day life without corona and obviously more so now. But I doubt think people should completely shutout their family during the biggest night of their lives.

Shouldn't really be any groups, it is a bad thing. Aside from whomever you live with)

You're just going to allow it to spread to everyone in your family. Which then means it can be at the houses of everyone in your family. Which then means it can spread to anyone that comes to anyone of those houses for some reason.

That's before even considering your Aunt has heart disease, your mom has diabetes, your brother has high blood pressure, end so on. (Those were examples, but I am prone to severe respiratory illnesses and have to get a pneumonia shot every 5 years despite being a generally healthy guy, my wife is a type 1 diabetic)

They haven't locked people down because they're hoping people will be responsible. You're supposed to act as if you have Covid 19 at all times.

For example - families that still have an easter get together are spitting in the face of the medical personnel risking their lives and families during this pandemic. This still applies to areas without known cases of covid 19

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I just think it will feel really off when Joe Burrow is anounced and there is zero fan reaction. I think it will be odd not seeing fans rract to the picks. I mean we never really got to see it but it would be like nba games being played without fans. Basically silence with an anouncer over it. it will feel eiry to say the leasf.
    Agreed - going to be weird for sure!
    Last edited by blams; 04-03-2020 at 10:50 AM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Maybe if COVID was as deadly as Ebola, but I wouldnít not see my immediate family and loved ones because of it. Even global deaths are only slightly higher than US average influenza deaths. You have roughly an 80+% chance of not needing hospitalization if you have it. Iím guessing that number is even higher. But yes, high risk people with weakened immune systems, older people, diabetics etc, I would probably isolate from.

Maybe if COVID was as deadly as Ebola, but I wouldnít not see my immediate family and loved ones because of it. Even global deaths are only slightly higher than US average influenza deaths. You have roughly an 80+% chance of not needing hospitalization if you have it. Iím guessing that number is even higher. But yes, high risk people with weakened immune systems, older people, diabetics etc, I would probably isolate from.
    Everyone is supposed to stay home - to prevent the spread. Even if you believe you aren't high risk.

I'm not saying what you wouldn't do, I'm saying what medical experts are saying you should and shouldn't do.

The r0 rate of coronavirus is far worse than Influenza.

The death rate among confirmed cases worldwide is sitting above 4.5 percent last i checked.

The flu has a death rate 0.1 , and experts believe the real death rate for covid 19 will settle at 1-2 percent.
    It's believed that viral load may be linked to getting severely ill.

It is far, far worse than the flu. Any source that indicates otherwise is completely off base. I recommend talking to medical professionals on the front line and only considering input from experts in the field, cdc, who.

Not just doctors, but epidemiologists, etc. Non-specialized doctors can be misleading as well.
    Last edited by blams; 04-03-2020 at 11:09 AM.

Click here to register!

Nevertheless, I can't control what others do , everyone stay safe!

Watching the throwback games on ESPN has been amazing!

Watched 2016 finals game 7
    Watched Texas/USC championship game
    Watched LeBron high school game lol (it was brutal, lasted 5 minutes)

Click here to register!

I wouldn't take any death rates too seriously considering how many people have had mild symptoms (and likely haven't been tested as a result) or are asymptomatic altogether. Those numbers have to be well into the millions by now, but there's no way of accurately determining them unless everybody is being tested. Places like Italy, Spain, and China are skewing the worldwide numbers too.

2019/20 CFB Prospects/NFL Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I wouldn't take any death rates too seriously considering how many people have had mild symptoms (and likely haven't been tested as a result) or are asymptomatic altogether. Those numbers have to be well into the millions by now, but there's no way of accurately determining them unless everybody is being tested. Places like Italy, Spain, and China are skewing the worldwide numbers too.
    Exactly.

And as far as ďwe need to stay homeĒ tell that to people like my wife who work at Whole Foods and have been going to work everyday. I just went to binnys the other day and those employees were working and not at home. Cooks are still cooking and preparing food.

The US alone has had very bad flu seasons where 30+ thousand people have died. Right now the US is at about 5k deaths give or take. There have been pandemics, even recently that have killed more people than COVID so far, but never really got talked about much, and certainly didnít halt economies and life throughout the world.

Itís very strange. Personally, Iím more concerned about the effects on the economy, stock market, unemployment, bailouts, housing market etc then I am about the virus. And for the love of god, the media needs to stop citing every famous person who has this. It only creates more hysteria and sensationalism. They donít make public every person who gets the flu, and while itís not exactly the same, I donít believe itís all dissimilar. You canít deny the numbers, and influenza has killed 5x the number of Americans than COVID has so far this season. But I digress....I hope everyone is safe out there and financial stable right now.

Only listen to CDC, WHO, and epidemiologists , other experts.

Experts - not considering the death rates that are existing- have said that this is 10 or more times more deadly than the flu in all likelihood.

It is that serious. It is more dangerous than the flu - that's truly some scary misinformation to even suggest.

This needs to be taken seriously.

The death rates are what they are. Yes, a lot more people are infected than we're aware of. That is the same for the flu.

So that 0.1 is incredibly inflated

Talk to your friends on the front lines. It's scary.The world doesn't just shut down because something isn't serious. I'm disappointed to have to say that.

This thing is overwhelming medical infrastructures across the world. The flu doesn't have a real treatment and doesn't do it. Hasn't done it, even in 2009 when the swine flu killed 12,000 americans and infected millions- it was far, far less dangerous with a us death rate among confirmed cases of 0.003. Far less contagious and kills at a very, very low rate.

Not sure what anyone is referring to when people talk about peddling fear. I haven't seen that anywhere. People aren't taking it seriously, and that has greatly contributed to how bad it has gotten.

Here's a good source to look at with all of the numbers

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Keep in mind, any numbers with the flu - that has been speculated to be at least 10 times less deadly - also have the same issue of illnesses often not being reported.

All we can deal with is what is in front of us. We can get as bad as Italy....especially if the country opens back up again against the demands of scientists that actually know whats going on.

The US still has a death rate among confirmed cases of 2.5 percent last I checked, very very high.

Last edited by blams; 04-03-2020 at 12:36 PM.

Click here to register!

Exactly.

And as far as ďwe need to stay homeĒ tell that to people like my wife who work at Whole Foods and have been going to work everyday. I just went to binnys the other day and those employees were working and not at home. Cooks are still cooking and preparing food.
    I live in Northwest Arkansas, where Walmart's corporate headquarters are and there are about 7-8 different Walmarts within 5 miles of our home. There are several distribution centers in the state too. My wife and I work for the Walmart Home Office, so we're lucky enough to be able to work at home, but there are thousands of people between those stores and DC's still working every day. We recently learned that if a certain number of people in a DC tests positive, then that facility will be shut down temporarily. Good luck getting your groceries and other essentials if that starts happening.
    The US alone has had very bad flu seasons where 30+ thousand people have died. Right now the US is at about 5k deaths give or take. There have been pandemics, even recently that have killed more people than COVID so far, but never really got talked about much, and certainly didnít halt economies and life throughout the world.
    I think it's the projections and seeing how this spiraled out of control in China, now Italy (though they're not a comparable model for the US), and the age of social media certainly doesn't help either. I think it's bad, but shutting down so much has already led to a 9% unemployment rate, almost overnight, and it's absolutely crushing small businesses and restaurants.
    Itís very strange. Personally, Iím more concerned about the effects on the economy, stock market, unemployment, bailouts, housing market etc then I am about the virus.
    The economic ramifications could be catastrophic if this continues another month or two. During the Great Depression unemployment peaked at something like 26%. You continue issuing stay at home orders and shutting down non essential businesses, then we'll be at that number, or higher, before we know it. There will be very little incentive for some to go back to work either since unemployment benefits were increased as well, and may be increased again.
    And for the love of god, the media needs to stop citing every famous person who has this. It only creates more hysteria and sensationalism.
    The national media in general has been pathetic throughout this whole process. They're more interested in politicizing a global pandemic than they are reporting legitimate news. That goes for both sides.

And I could give two ***** about every famous person that gets it. That isn't news that anyone should care about right now.
    You canít deny the numbers, and influenza has killed 5x the number of Americans than COVID has so far this season. But I digress....I hope everyone is safe out there and financial stable right now.
    In the end, I expect the numbers to still be pretty significant because we don't yet have herd immunity, some states are hesitant to implement non-FDA approved treatments, hospitals will be overwhelmed (already happening in NYC), there's no vaccine for at least another year, and I trust what most of the experts are saying.

I don't believe the answer is for civilization to come to a halt though. I'm good with another month, I guess, but much more past that is pretty unsustainable.

Anyway, yeah, everyone stay safe, keep up the social distancing, and don't be that dickwad panic buying essentials.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I live in Northwest Arkansas, where Walmart's corporate headquarters are and there are about 7-8 different Walmarts within 5 miles of our home. There are several distribution centers in the state too. My wife and I work for the Walmart Home Office, so we're lucky enough to be able to work at home, but there are thousands of people between those stores and DC's still working every day. We recently learned that if a certain number of people in a DC tests positive, then that facility will be shut down temporarily. Good luck getting your groceries and other essentials if that starts happening.

I think it's the projections and seeing how this spiraled out of control in China, now Italy (though they're not a comparable model for the US), and the age of social media certainly doesn't help either. I think it's bad, but shutting down so much has already led to a 9% unemployment rate, almost overnight, and it's absolutely crushing small businesses and restaurants.

The economic ramifications could be catastrophic if this continues another month or two. During the Great Depression unemployment peaked at something like 26%. You continue issuing stay at home orders and shutting down non essential businesses, then we'll be at that number, or higher, before we know it. There will be very little incentive for some to go back to work either since unemployment benefits were increased as well, and may be increased again.

The national media in general has been pathetic throughout this whole process. They're more interested in politicizing a global pandemic than they are reporting legitimate news. That goes for both sides.

And I could give two ***** about every famous person that gets it. That isn't news that anyone should care about right now.

In the end, I expect the numbers to still be pretty significant because we don't yet have herd immunity, some states are hesitant to implement non-FDA approved treatments, hospitals will be overwhelmed (already happening in NYC), there's no vaccine for at least another year, and I trust what most of the experts are saying.

I don't believe the answer is for civilization to come to a halt though. I'm good with another month, I guess, but much more past that is pretty unsustainable.

Anyway, yeah, everyone stay safe, keep up the social distancing, and don't be that dickwad panic buying essentials.
    I hate the hoarders. Was lucky enough to be given TP from a co-worker a few weeks ago before the lockdown. Otherwise, things would have been interesting lol

I fear for the economy. Many businesses will go under and many people will lose their homes/apartments. And yes, the media as expected has been pathetic. Absolutely and utterly pathetic.

The economic ramifications will be far worse if the economy is opened up and it infects most of the country.

Big businesses get to get bailed out while small businesses get pennies on the dollar.

Mortgages /rent/bills need to be frozen. It's simple. That way people can stay home for the most part.

But the US probably wont make that move. That's capitalism for ya.
    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

The flu has also existed for hundreds of years whereas COVID-19 started a handful of months ago. Itís hard to compare their numbers. Plus, Fauci isnít projecting 100,000-200,000 deaths in America for no reason.

Itís a really big deal whether people want to admit it or not. Just because it isnít immediately effecting you doesnít mean it isnít. Itís not about you, the person who will likely be fine. Itís about others. People need to think about that when they go about their day because if people spread it and hospitals get overwhelmed then many people die. Itís easy to shrug that off because youíll never know you spread it to someone who got killed, but thatís where you have to create your own sense of accountability. All of these places/things wouldnít just shut down if this wasnít a big deal. Take it seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to be clear, I'm not downplaying it, but recognizing the catastrophic effect this could/will have on our economy. My exposure to the public has been limited to getting groceries for 3 weeks.

And blams, I wouldn't use Italy as a predictive model for the US. They're about 5x more densely populated and have the 2nd largest elderly population in the world. They're probably more comparable to what's going on in NYC though, but their mayor certainly didn't help matters either.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 04-03-2020 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    The flu has also existed for hundreds of years whereas COVID-19 started a handful of months ago. Itís hard to compare their numbers. Plus, Fauci isnít projecting 100,000-200,000 deaths in America for no reason.

Itís a really big deal whether people want to admit it or not. Just because it isnít immediately effecting you doesnít mean it isnít. Itís not about you, the person who will likely be fine. Itís about others. People need to think about that when they go about their day because if people spread it and hospitals get overwhelmed then many people die. Itís easy to shrug that off because youíll never know you spread it to someone who got killed, but thatís where you have to create your own sense of accountability. All of these places/things wouldnít just shut down if this wasnít a big deal. Take it seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Probably the best example of this was the Spring Breakers a couple weeks ago. Up until recently, there were still a lot of people at those Florida beaches too. Their governor didn't take any action whatsoever until this past week.

If the projection is 100,000-200,000 deaths in the US, and weíre only at about 5-6k right now, there is no way this lockdown will end this month. They say itís supposed to die down in June as the season changes. So are they expecting 95-195k more people to die from now until June? Even though only 5k have died since itís started? Chances are COVID was here late December/early January.

Theo projection seems high. Just my opinion though. Unless fauci is talking global deaths.

Page 38 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast