Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I do like this TE class but man, it takes time to develop TE's. Even George Kittle wasn't George Kittle until his 2nd season.

I'd rather just sign a guy like Ebron for 1-2 years and use those 2's for more immediate contributors.
    Im under the impression its going to be something like Ebron as well However with what you just said about TEs taking time to develop..... would it not be better to draft one this year so hopefully he is ready next. I mean to me there is a good chance Burton is Cut. and if Shaheen doesnt somehow develop your back at we need a TE.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Im under the impression its going to be something like Ebron as well However with what you just said about TEs taking time to develop..... would it not be better to draft one this year so hopefully he is ready next. I mean to me there is a good chance Burton is Cut. and if Shaheen doesnt somehow develop your back at we need a TE.
    Definitely. I wouldn't mind drafting one, but I also wouldn't expect much from them next season.

I like that they've met with Hopkins. He looks like the best guy available in the 2nd, if they do go that route.

I mean, you obviously want the best players but without a 1st rounder you almost have to have your 2 second rounders be solid contributors next year. History has shown us that TE won't be that. I'm all for taking one on day 3 but that's not the direction I'd go.

Then again, I fully expect Pace to over compensate here.
    Last edited by toovey107; 01-21-2020 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    I mean, you obviously want the best players but without a 1st rounder you almost have to have your 2 second rounders be solid contributors next year. History has shown us that TE won't be that. I'm all for taking one on day 3 but that's not the direction I'd go.

Then again, I fully expect Pace to over compensate here.
    I understand this logic However I would also like to point out you cant really assume your 2nd round picks will contribute Obviously Alot of Paces Picks have However these were also all On much worse Rosters and with Much Higher 2nd round picks. to the point that its arguable to say we got late 1st tallent in some of the drafts.

Personally.... i also find it a bit far fetched to say this team is competing for a Superbowl next year Barring some sort of Offensive Turnaround that i just cant see. I mean even if we landed a Foles or so don't we still feel like Pretenders in the Titans Mold?

I also just dont know if I totally agree that TEs can produce year 1. Obviously it comes down to picking the right guy and developing him. But I just wonder if people under estimate how bad our TEs were last year. I can find Numerous Rooks in the past few draft who have out performed our entire TE Room Combined last year. It was that bad.

I just know TE has to be adressed at some point. and to me Ebron is a Bandaid. we are still looking for Our Version of Ertz or Kelce.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I understand this logic However I would also like to point out you cant really assume your 2nd round picks will contribute Obviously Alot of Paces Picks have However these were also all On much worse Rosters and with Much Higher 2nd round picks. to the point that its arguable to say we got late 1st tallent in some of the drafts.

Personally.... i also find it a bit far fetched to say this team is competing for a Superbowl next year Barring some sort of Offensive Turnaround that i just cant see. I mean even if we landed a Foles or so don't we still feel like Pretenders in the Titans Mold?

I also just dont know if I totally agree that TEs can produce year 1. Obviously it comes down to picking the right guy and developing him. But I just wonder if people under estimate how bad our TEs were last year. I can find Numerous Rooks in the past few draft who have out performed our entire TE Room Combined last year. It was that bad.

I just know TE has to be adressed at some point. and to me Ebron is a Bandaid. we are still looking for Our Version of Ertz or Kelce.
    Your right that the bears arenít competing for a super bowl next year. That is important to remember. At best, they find a Tannehil level guy but that wonít get you to a super bowl. They wonít have near the run game, but they should have a better defense. I think the goal for the Bears next year is to find a bridge QB, get the run game going again, and make the playoffs. Absolutely doable. Then once the have all their picks, go big and take another swing for a QB. Have him sit a year behind bridge QB. Gather play makers, solidify the OL, and bring the drafted QB into a great situation.

Just watch Pace package both the second round picks up to draft a TE that he could have got alone with the second pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know its unlikely However I will bring it up.

what would you guys give up for OJ Howard. Would anyone prefer this to drafting a TE because he could have a more imediate impact. (but also at a larger Cap Hit)

-Rem Koolhaas

I do like this TE class but man, it takes time to develop TE's. Even George Kittle wasn't George Kittle until his 2nd season.

I'd rather just sign a guy like Ebron for 1-2 years and use those 2's for more immediate contributors.
    Well, you have to take your chance at some point and the sooner you get your TE, the sooner he will start producing. And he can't be worse than Shaheen, even in Year 1. Honestly I don't like Ebron, that's why I would prefer to draft a TE this year.

Quote Originally Posted by urlachermess View Post
    Just watch Pace package both the second round picks up to draft a TE that he could have got alone with the second pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am concerned that he'll move up for someone. He's moved up in every draft IIRC.

Really can't afford to go that route this time.

I am concerned that he'll move up for someone. He's moved up in every draft IIRC.

Really can't afford to go that route this time.
    He didnít move up the first draft I donít think. And one year he traded back in the 2nd round. I donít remember if he traded up that year. That might be the year he moved up for Floyd.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    He didnít move up the first draft I donít think. And one year he traded back in the 2nd round. I donít remember if he traded up that year. That might be the year he moved up for Floyd.
    He did move up for Floyd.

Thatís right. Gave up a 6th if I recall correctly.

Floyd was in 2016, his second draft - if that matters
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Floyd was in 2016, his second draft - if that matters
    I think the more important piece of context for that draft is that there really weren't any obvious choices. The draft was really front-loaded, and he picked right after the first 7 or 8 blue-chip guys (Goff, Wentz, Bosa, Elliot, Ramsey, Stanley, Buckner) were gone. He traded up to go after a guy who at least had loads of upside, even if he was something of a long-shot. It was basically Floyd or a Tunsil, Hargreaves, Apple, etc. type.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I think the more important piece of context for that draft is that there really weren't any obvious choices. The draft was really front-loaded, and he picked right after the first 7 or 8 blue-chip guys (Goff, Wentz, Bosa, Elliot, Ramsey, Stanley, Buckner) were gone. He traded up to go after a guy who at least had loads of upside, even if he was something of a long-shot. It was basically Floyd or a Tunsil, Hargreaves, Apple, etc. type.
    I believe he wanted Ramsey. At least that's what Stunner mentioned before. Would have been a great pick, but hard to trade up to 5.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast