Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    He has a pretty clear 1st round philosophy of drafting players with high upside and athleticism. I don't necessarily disagree with that route, but hopefully he alters that approach, if he's even here the next time they have a 1st (2021).

He's been good on day 2 & 3 though. The biggest whiff is obviously Shaheen and Daniels might suck too (looked awful this season). Otherwise, solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Pace has given up wayyyy to much draft capital and basically has nothing to show for it. Need to stand pat and bring in as many pieces as possible.

Pace has been bad in round 1, White/Floyd/Trubisky - Roquan was a hit
    Round 2 he got Goldman, Whitehair, Miller and Edwards and of course Shaheen.
    Round 3 he drafted Montgomery - did he draft Grasu?
    Cohen/Jackson/Howard/Kwitkowski were all better than their draft position.
    Ridley (4) and Wims (7) both have a lot of promise too.

To say Ryan Pace is bad at drafting, has nothing to show for it is not true. You could say he's bad in round 1 all day - so the fact that we have two (2s) makes me a little optimistic.
    The Bears definitely has had much worse GMs.

Pace has done better than Angelo, IMO.

James Daniels is 22, they just need to let him settle in and play one position, left guard. Jerry Angelo and Phil Emery were a couple of bozos, Pace definitely has made his mistakes, but I still rate him higher than either of those two.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

James Daniels is 22, they just need to let him settle in and play one position, left guard. Jerry Angelo and Phil Emery were a couple of bozos, Pace definitely has made his mistakes, but I still rate him higher than either of those two.
    Yep, I agree.

I agree too but whiffing on the QB selection is going to be very difficult to overcome. If they bring in someone else and Nagy proves to be a dud too, heís gone. Canít survive whiffing on the two most important decisions.

Wasn't trying to say he should be replaced or anything, just to this point there's been more bad than good with him.

I agree that he does need to be left at one position, LG, all season next year.

Been taking a long look at Clemson's RB Etienne as a potential pairing with Monty. He has the explosion Monty Lacks, and is way more of a north/south runner than Cohen is with objective success at a higher *collegiate* level.

My vision for the team in 2020 is heavily investing/rededicating to the running game, in order to minimize what Biscuit can screw up, in an attempt to make it easier on whoever of Lawrence/Fields we trade up to grab in the 2021 draft.

4 new OL, 2x new TE, and the Etienne kid to pair with Monty, combined with a Ravens-esque "run first" mentality and I think we are in decent shape going forward.
    Last edited by Epyon; 12-30-2019 at 07:09 PM.

Etienne is at worst RB3 in this draft, likely 1st round/early 2nd round guy. Don't see him being there when we pick on day 2.

I like him, but I think those picks should be some combination of OL & WR. I know some won't want to go WR, but this draft is ridiculously deep there and there's a good chance a day 1 prospect, in any other draft, is there for us at 43 or 50.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 12-30-2019 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Epyon View Post
    Been taking a long look at Clemson's RB Etienne as a potential pairing with Monty. He has the explosion Monty Lacks, and is way more of a north/south runner than Cohen is with objective success at a higher *collegiate* level.

My vision for the team in 2020 is heavily investing/rededicating to the running game, in order to minimize what Biscuit can screw up, in an attempt to make it easier on whoever of Lawrence/Fields we trade up to grab in the 2021 draft.

4 new OL, 2x new TE, and the Etienne kid to pair with Monty, combined with a Ravens-esque "run first" mentality and I think we are in decent shape going forward.
    Sign Scherff, consider a tackle in the draft. Draft a QB with a 2nd. Pickup a TE by Trade/Sign/FA/Draft. Spend a late round RB who runs well north and south with better burst.

Sign Mariota (you know it's probably going to happen)

Run the ball. Utilize play action and role outs. Mitch played some of his better games that way. He's never going to be a pure Pocket Passer. Play to his strengths and stay away from 40+ passes each game. Stop expecting long bomb plays from him. Let the rookie sit for a year to absorb the NFL.

If Mitch falls flat, put in Mariota. Screw it. Let the rookie sit.... unless of course he wins the starting position like Russell Wilson did...which is unlikely to happen anyway.

Why does anyone assume Mariota is going to happen? He's not very good and Helfrich is probably gone.

I know Pace tried to move up for him in that draft, but it'd be like having 2 Trubisky's. Seeing how much better Tennessee is without him starting is a huge red flag too.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 12-30-2019 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Why does anyone assume Mariota is going to happen? He's not very good and Helfrich is probably gone.

I know Pace tried to move up for him in that draft, but it'd be like having 2 Trubisky's. Seeing how much better Tennessee is without him starting is a huge red flag too.
    Its a guess from me... Just seeing a profile Pace seems to be seeking for a QB, and, knowing the OC has a connection to him, leads me to assume MM will be a choice of Pace. But what does any of us really know?

Quote Originally Posted by ImGoinToJackson View Post
    Its a guess from me... Just seeing a profile Pace seems to be seeking for a QB, and, knowing the OC has a connection to him, leads me to assume MM will be a choice of Pace. But what does any of us really know?
    I don't believe Helfrich will be the OC though and Mariota has been as bad as Trubisky. Just a waste of time IMO.

I agree, who knows what they'll really do? I want Rivers, personally.

Interesting comparison btwn AA and HHCD:

https://twitter.com/ZimmermanSXM/sta...418942976?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I don't believe Helfrich will be the OC though and Mariota has been as bad as Trubisky. Just a waste of time IMO.

I agree, who knows what they'll really do? I want Rivers, personally.
    Now, I assume if MH takes the fall this offseason, then MM is gonna be a no go. Again, assumption on my part.

Hell, I'd take, Rivers; Keenum & Shurmer reunion; even one-legged Alex Smith.

IDK, it gets depressing try to psych myself up about more countless retreads for this franchise.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast