Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    I'm all for addressing the OL, but with several other glaring needs, plus limited draft capital, I doubt you're seeing that may new bodies on the OL. At least not this year. It's a two year process, at least IMO, and frankly, I don't want Pace to be the one rebuilding that group. He's tied up so much money already in such a mediocre/below average group that it's impossible to trust him in fixing it (common theme for a lot of his decisions).
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 12-29-2019 at 01:19 PM.

It'll be nice having basically b2b picks in the 2nd round. Based on the last few years, I'd assume we will try to move up. At some point though, I kind wish we'd stop losing draft capital to move up.

What route should we go in the 2nd round? Wouldn't waste one on a DT, RB, LB, CB, S, WR. Maybe a TE, QB, OL or 2, DE?

It's too bad Cole Kmet will likely return to Notre Dame next year. He's going to be the next big ND TE in the league.

**** moving up. We're in this position because of that ****. If anything, move back.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    **** moving up. We're in this position because of that ****. If anything, move back.
    Don’t forget who’s gonna be drafting for this team next April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    Don’t forget who’s gonna be drafting for this team next April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm fully aware. It's why I don't have much hope for us climbing out of this hole.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    It'll be nice having basically b2b picks in the 2nd round. Based on the last few years, I'd assume we will try to move up. At some point though, I kind wish we'd stop losing draft capital to move up.

What route should we go in the 2nd round? Wouldn't waste one on a DT, RB, LB, CB, S, WR. Maybe a TE, QB, OL or 2, DE?

It's too bad Cole Kmet will likely return to Notre Dame next year. He's going to be the next big ND TE in the league.
    Id actually consider moving down with one of them to try and pick up a 3rd or a 4th. Go TE or OL in the 2nd, then CB, WR, and OL again. Sign a pass rusher in the off season.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/chisportupdates/...143548416?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So Howard hit the mysterious numbers necessary to turn the PHI conditional into a 5th? Great. I guess. And with that 4th coming for Davis the 2020 draft capital doesn't actually look as hopelessly depleted as I once thought. Still not great by any means but not quite as hamstrung as I previously thought we were.

Those 2nd rounders are so, so critical though. Can't have any needless trade ups, can't have any ****ing Shaheens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post

Exactly.

Pace has given up wayyyy to much draft capital and basically has nothing to show for it. Need to stand pat and bring in as many pieces as possible.

QB,OT, OLB and CB.

Those are the 4 position groups I would target hard with those two 2nd rounders.

Get your TE in FA.
    Last edited by Cubs420; 12-30-2019 at 01:08 PM.

The real Pride of the Midwest

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    Exactly.

Pace has given up wayyyy to much draft capital and basically has nothing to show for it
    Can't agree with that.

These are the guy's we've traded up for:

Floyd - This one's an L but not a colossal one, for me. Wasn't a total bust, just not what anyone wanted in a first rounder. If you had to lean one way or the other the lean is L, but he started all four years, didn't miss much time, produced at points, not at others. Meh.

Kwiatkowski - Clear win. Any guy of this caliber in the fourth round is a win.

Trubisky - Nothing needs to be said here. Everything has been said.

E Jackson - Biggest win he's had as a GM, outside of Mack.

A Miller - Jury still out at this juncture, but showing signs. Similar to Floyd in a sense, I'm going neutral but if you had to lean one way or the other I'd ever so slightly lean W right now. I think Miller is showing enough to believe in, particularly if he had a not hopeless dope throwing him the ball next year.

Montgomery - Neutral again, for me. Showed things as a rookie, didn't blow anyone away but had his moments and was severely hamstrung by a well below average line. But looks the part of an every week NFL starting RB, plucked in the 3rd.

So to be clear I'm not at all in favor of any tradeups with either of those second rounders, but to say Pace has precisely nothing to show for all the ones he's executed to this point, in objective fairness to him, I can't agree with.

Wouldn’t rule out trading back with both 2nd rounders. Bears need capital and it wouldn’t be unprecedented for pace. He traded down twice in the 2nd round when he drafted Cody Whitehair.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Can't agree with that.

These are the guy's we've traded up for:

Floyd - This one's an L but not a colossal one, for me. Wasn't a total bust, just not what anyone wanted in a first rounder. If you had to lean one way or the other the lean is L, but he started all four years, didn't miss much time, produced at points, not at others. Meh.

Kwiatkowski - Clear win. Any guy of this caliber in the fourth round is a win.

Trubisky - Nothing needs to be said here. Everything has been said.

E Jackson - Biggest win he's had as a GM, outside of Mack.

A Miller - Jury still out at this juncture, but showing signs. Similar to Floyd in a sense, I'm going neutral but if you had to lean one way or the other I'd ever so slightly lean W right now. I think Miller is showing enough to believe in, particularly if he had a not hopeless dope throwing him the ball next year.

Montgomery - Neutral again, for me. Showed things as a rookie, didn't blow anyone away but had his moments and was severely hamstrung by a well below average line. But looks the part of an every week NFL starting RB, plucked in the 3rd.

So to be clear I'm not at all in favor of any tradeups with either of those second rounders, but to say Pace has precisely nothing to show for all the ones he's executed to this point, in objective fairness to him, I can't agree with.
    I guess I was more talking about the 1st and 2nd rd guys. You are right on Miller though, he had s good enough year to swing back into good pick territory. Excited about his future.

Wasnt Shaheen a trade up?
    Last edited by Cubs420; 12-30-2019 at 02:49 PM.

The real Pride of the Midwest

Pace has given up wayyyy to much draft capital and basically has nothing to show for it. Need to stand pat and bring in as many pieces as possible.

Pace has been bad in round 1, White/Floyd/Trubisky - Roquan was a hit
    Round 2 he got Goldman, Whitehair, Miller and Edwards and of course Shaheen.
    Round 3 he drafted Montgomery - did he draft Grasu?
    Cohen/Jackson/Howard/Kwitkowski were all better than their draft position.
    Ridley (4) and Wims (7) both have a lot of promise too.

To say Ryan Pace is bad at drafting, has nothing to show for it is not true. You could say he's bad in round 1 all day - so the fact that we have two (2s) makes me a little optimistic.
    Last edited by Muttman73; 12-30-2019 at 02:59 PM.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast