Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Maybe their plan is to sign Ebron and then draft one in the 4th/5th round. Where does this dude project to go?
    Too early to tell.

Walter has him as a 3-5

CBS has him 152 overall.

Tons will change though. If he runs a 4.4 he may be a 1st round pick. if he comes in with his current frame which looks like 230 he probably falls.

Shaheen was a late riser...... I could see the same with this kid. However im not going to lie Him and Harrison Bryant from FAU are both the same type of guys. I would take either in the 4th or 5th (trades pending) and have them as a Developmental TE cause truth is nobody Who is on our roster right now deserves a lock to the roster.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I am not going to put much into who they look at. Havnt we learned anything with Mitch. Its obvious no secret they are looking at TE. Hell has season they did too. they have already had the Vandy and Pinkney and Brycen Hopkins.

I dont blame them for doing any Scouting on this guy. I just hope he isnt the guy
    Aside from Mitch, they actually have drafted several players they've met with, but they're usually the ones they've met with later in the pre-draft process or met with multiple times. Floyd, Whitehair, Miller, Daniels...mostly early round picks, are all examples of that.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    I mean, FCS is way more established then Ashland. The problem with Shaheen is he got labeled as super athletic when the numbers said he was average at best. The tape was fools gold bc of it.

Then he reached on top of it.

Taking small school guys isn't a bad thing. You even more so just cannot ignore the athletic testing numbers.
    Just watching video this guy seems much more athletic than Shaheen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Aside from Mitch, they actually have drafted several players they've met with, but they're usually the ones they've met with later in the pre-draft process or met with multiple times. Floyd, Whitehair, Miller, Daniels...mostly early round picks, are all examples of that.
    Im just saying us looking at him at the senior Bowl is no surprise....and at this point isnt it better to take a look than not to.

Us taking a look by no means at this point means we even like him. You take a look at tons of guys in the process and not all of them you end up drafting

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Just watching video this guy seems much more athletic than Shaheen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Against small school tallent its hard to judge. Shaheen looked really athletic at ashland too.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I dont think so. He was much smaller than Aldon. They have two completely different frames. I always thought his ceiling was a 10 sack a year type. Hes better against the run than I thought he would be, but I thought he would be a better rusher. Just never happened. Hes not that type of player but hes still a very solid player.

That said, Im hoping pace knows when to part ways. No earthly justification on paying him 13 mil this year, and even if he signs for less, we still need a pass rusher. Id use that money to sign someone that could get 8-12 sacks. Not sure whos out there though, tbh.
    All he needed was 20 pounds or so. I believe the idea at the time is that he's a guy they believed would be able to put on weight and comp pretty well to Aldon, at least in terms of play style (no, I don't think they thought he was gonna be leading the league in sacks ever). But yeah, they didn't trade up in the first round to pick an edge guy whose ceiling included almost no pass rush ability whatsoever. Was he a bit of a longshot to hit that ceiling? Sure.

Anyway, comps aren't meant to be perfect, but I have to imagine that's the kind of player they were hoping he would become.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 01-24-2020 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    All he needed was 20 pounds or so. I believe the idea at the time is that he's a guy they believed would be able to put on weight and comp pretty well to Aldon, at least in terms of play style (no, I don't think they thought he was gonna be leading the league in sacks ever). But yeah, they didn't trade up in the first round to pick an edge guy whose ceiling included almost no pass rush ability whatsoever. Was he a bit of a longshot to hit that ceiling? Sure.

Anyway, comps aren't meant to be perfect, but I have to imagine that's the kind of player they were hoping he would become.
    When Floyd was drafted, all the talk was about how he could put on more weight. That was also the entire discussion in training camp about how much they were making him eat.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...515-story.html

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Senior Bowl should be interesting. Guys In keeping am Eye on.

North Team

JORDAN LOVE
    BRYCEN HOPKINS
    ADAM TRAUTMAN

SOUTH

JUSTIN HERBERT
    JARRED PINKNEY
    HARRISON BRYANT

Anyone Have anyone else to keep an eye on.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Against small school tallent its hard to judge. Shaheen looked really athletic at ashland too.
    But his testing numbers debunked it. It's why you absolutely cannot just 'look at the tape' and ignore combine numbers and past histories. Even more so when the competition is in question.

Hurts looks really bad at the senior bowl today. taking Hits.... sacks. and just threw a pi k.

Love didnt look good either.

Paterson just threw a terrible pick.

Herbert looks good.

-Rem Koolhaas

I've been down on Hurts for a while. I just don't see him having much success in the NFL.

Gordon looks like a gamer. Very good anticipation.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    But his testing numbers debunked it. It's why you absolutely cannot just 'look at the tape' and ignore combine numbers and past histories. Even more so when the competition is in question.
    you think he bad numbers? He had almost the some combine as kittle...

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast