Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I think the more important piece of context for that draft is that there really weren't any obvious choices. The draft was really front-loaded, and he picked right after the first 7 or 8 blue-chip guys (Goff, Wentz, Bosa, Elliot, Ramsey, Stanley, Buckner) were gone. He traded up to go after a guy who at least had loads of upside, even if he was something of a long-shot. It was basically Floyd or a Tunsil, Hargreaves, Apple, etc. type.
    Yea. looking at floyd it could have been worse. Tunsil was probably undraftable with his draft day fiasco though. Alot of teams who probably liked him were forced to pass.

I seem to remember alot around here wanted Hargraves. so it could have been much worse.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

My hope coming out of this draft would be to come away with Jalen Reagor and One of the TEs like Kmet.... Hopkins....Okwuegbunam or Pinkney

-Rem Koolhaas

I think the more important piece of context for that draft is that there really weren't any obvious choices. The draft was really front-loaded, and he picked right after the first 7 or 8 blue-chip guys (Goff, Wentz, Bosa, Elliot, Ramsey, Stanley, Buckner) were gone. He traded up to go after a guy who at least had loads of upside, even if he was something of a long-shot. It was basically Floyd or a Tunsil, Hargreaves, Apple, etc. type.
    Ugh, don't remind me. I thought we were getting TUNSIL for sure.

Was so disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post

Was so disappointed.

Didnít he drop cause he was pictured smoking weed or something? Too bad he wasnít seen beating a woman. He may have went first overall.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Didnít he drop cause he was pictured smoking weed or something? Too bad he wasnít seen beating a woman. He may have went first overall.
    His step Father relased a Video of him in a gas mask smoking weed the morning of the draft.

there were toms of things to scare people off. I mean the idea his step father would sabatoge his sons draft stock. Obviously Smoking Pot was even worsely frowned upon then and the NFL had just made Josh Gordon an example.

and with it happening morning of there was no time to question or even guage the situation.

-Rem Koolhaas

Was so disappointed.

Meh. Tunsil is a good, not great player. I don't mind that Pace took the guy with the upside in that case.

Meh. Tunsil is a good, not great player. I don't mind that Pace took the guy with the upside in that case.
    I think Floyd has become just what his ceiling was. He was a well rounded player that was never really a pass rusher. Still what he is.

I still like floyd. I just loved Tunsil. He isn't great though.
    Yeah there was a video of him smoking weed

Click here to register!

I think Floyd has become just what his ceiling was. He was a well rounded player that was never really a pass rusher. Still what he is.

I still like floyd. I just loved Tunsil. He isn't great though.Yeah there was a video of him smoking weed

His ceiling was Aldon Smith.

Dayton TE Adam Trautman said that the Bears have shown interest in him at the Senior Bowl.
    Trautman has been one of Mobile's hottest interview requests this week. "Literally, I had a guy reach around and grab me by the stomach and was like 'Hey, I need to talk to you,' " Trautman said anecdotally. He nodded at the Bears as one team in particular that appears smitten. "They tell me they like what they see," said Trautman. Trautman posted a 70-916-14 receiving line last fall in the FCS.
    Adam shaheen 2.0. Nice job Pace. How about some Big Ten, SEC, etc guys? Works pretty well for other teams..

His ceiling was Aldon Smith.
    I donít think so. He was much smaller than Aldon. They have two completely different frames. I always thought his ceiling was a 10 sack a year type. Heís better against the run than I thought he would be, but I thought he would be a better rusher. Just never happened. Heís not that type of player but heís still a very solid player.

That said, Iím hoping pace knows when to part ways. No earthly justification on paying him 13 mil this year, and even if he signs for less, we still need a pass rusher. Iíd use that money to sign someone that could get 8-12 sacks. Not sure whoís out there though, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Adam shaheen 2.0. Nice job Pace. How about some Big Ten, SEC, etc guys? Works pretty well for other teams..
    Maybe their plan is to sign Ebron and then draft one in the 4th/5th round. Where does this dude project to go?

I donít think so. He was much smaller than Aldon. They have two completely different frames. I always thought his ceiling was a 10 sack a year type. Heís better against the run than I thought he would be, but I thought he would be a better rusher. Just never happened. Heís not that type of player but heís still a very solid player.

That said, Iím hoping pace knows when to part ways. No earthly justification on paying him 13 mil this year, and even if he signs for less, we still need a pass rusher. Iíd use that money to sign someone that could get 8-12 sacks. Not sure whoís out there though, tbh.
    There were a lot of pending fa pass rushers iirc

Aldon Smith is still available! Lol

Click here to register!

I mean, FCS is way more established then Ashland. The problem with Shaheen is he got labeled as super athletic when the numbers said he was average at best. The tape was fools gold bc of it.

Then he reached on top of it.

Taking small school guys isn't a bad thing. You even more so just cannot ignore the athletic testing numbers.

I am not going to put much into who they look at. Havnt we learned anything with Mitch. Its obvious no secret they are looking at TE. Hell has season they did too. they have already had the Vandy and Pinkney and Brycen Hopkins.

I dont blame them for doing any Scouting on this guy. I just hope he isnt the guy

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post

I dont blame them for doing any Scouting on this guy. I just hope he isnt the guy
    Why? You know nothing about him other then him being from Dayton and the Bears showed interest.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast