Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 30 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 1627
  1. #436
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    7,253
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Anyway, let's get this draft thread back on track.

    My top 10 (for our range):

    1. AJ Terrell (CB, Clemson)
    2. Antoine Winfield Jr. (S, Minnesota)
    3. Jalen Reagor (WR, TCU)
    4. Lucas Niang (OT, TCU)
    5. Matt Hennessy (IOL, Temple)
    6. Trevon Diggs (CB, Alabama)
    7. Denzel Mims (WR, Baylor)
    8. Josh Jones (OT, Houston)
    9. Terrell Lewis (EDGE, Alabama)
    10. Prince Tega Wanogho (OT, Auburn)

    Some combination of those guys with our 2's would be a nice haul.
    No TEs?

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

  2. #437
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,089
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    No TEs?

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    I hate this TE class and we need day one contributors with those 2's. History says it takes a couple years for TE's to develop, even the best ones.

  3. #438
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    7,253
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I hate this TE class and we need day one contributors with those 2's. History says it takes a couple years for TE's to develop, even the best ones.
    Fair enough. I like Kmet but thats really it.

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

  4. #439
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    27,723
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Fair enough. I like Kmet but thats really it.

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    I like Kmet or Okwuegbunam (just in terms of athletic profile)

    Otherwise everyone else is a mixture of Bla and OK. Would take any but not in the 2nd.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  5. #440
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,089
    I also don't see the point in taking a TE when you've paid 2 already this offseason, have something like 8-10 still on your roster, and need Burton to be something this season (because he's not getting cut).

    More important needs at this point.

  6. #441
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    27,723
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I also don't see the point in taking a TE when you've paid 2 already this offseason, have something like 8-10 still on your roster, and need Burton to be something this season (because he's not getting cut).

    More important needs at this point.
    I tend to agree. I might take a late round swing. But I will also still say Burton feels gone...... and Jimmy G surely isnt long term. Unless your counting on Shaheen.... You will end up looking again in a year or two.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  7. #442
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,089
    They're not cutting Burton. His dead cap is $7.5M and you only save $1M. Only way to really get rid of him now is a pre June 1 trade. His dead cap is $3.5M with savings of $5M in that scenario... but what are you even expecting as a return? You're probably getting a late day 3 pick for a guy that barely played last season.

  8. #443
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    27,723
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    They're not cutting Burton. His dead cap is $7.5M and you only save $1M. Only way to really get rid of him now is a pre June 1 trade. His dead cap is $3.5M with savings of $5M in that scenario... but what are you even expecting as a return? You're probably getting a late day 3 pick for a guy that barely played last season.
    ohh I think that you would have to trade a pick to get rid of burton. IDK. I wonder if Burton is conteplating retirement myself. I doubt it but its clear the team has no confidence in Burton if they had to go out and make sure Jimmy G was signed on the first day of FA.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  9. #444
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    27,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    ohh I think that you would have to trade a pick to get rid of burton. IDK. I wonder if Burton is conteplating retirement myself. I doubt it but its clear the team has no confidence in Burton if they had to go out and make sure Jimmy G was signed on the first day of FA.
    I think you're speculating into things we can't possibly know. A simpler explanation - Ebron is probably out of their price range and if they were going to address TE at all in FA, Graham was the only guy left really.

  10. #445
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    48,575
    TE market really blah after Hooper honestly Ebron and Jimmy were 2 and 3 best TEs


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  11. #446
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    27,723
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I think you're speculating into things we can't possibly know. A simpler explanation - Ebron is probably out of their price range and if they were going to address TE at all in FA, Graham was the only guy left really.
    Well i think the not having faith in Burton is pretty evident.... not just speculation. But your right about some of the other . I just don't think u go this hard after a TE if u have faith burton can bounce back and injury was the only issue last year.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  12. #447
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,346
    Brad Biggs said (this AM) that Burtons cap hit would be $4M...and I think they can spread it out over 2 years now? Anyway, something is up...assuming it will become clear in the near future.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

    1981 Sting

  13. #448
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Brad Biggs said (this AM) that Burtons cap hit would be $4M...and I think they can spread it out over 2 years now? Anyway, something is up...assuming it will become clear in the near future.
    He's probably referring to if Burton's traded, his dead cap is $5.25M over the next 2 years. His dead cap if he's released is $9.25 over the next 2 years. His actual cap hit though is over $19M for the next 2 years.

    Not sure where he's getting that $4M number from. Maybe he was talking about Graham?
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 03-17-2020 at 11:02 AM.

  14. #449
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    48,575
    https://youtu.be/-PLwLj4_azQ


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  15. #450
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    https://youtu.be/-PLwLj4_azQ


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I'm a fan. Can even play in the slot a little bit.

    Wouldn't mind him with one of those 2's.

Page 30 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •