Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 108 of 109 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1627
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Honestly I just think RBs are so irrelevant in today's game. For the most part, they're as good as their run blocking. I realize that could come across as awfully ignorant to say, but idk I haven't really seen anything to disprove that idea.
    It's a sad, but in my eyes true notion. I just don't think it carries the weight it did and now we're in an era where unless you are Saquon talented RB's are just not the talk of the town. I mean you can't just have anyone, but look at the Cowboys for instance. Hate them or love them they turn out great run blocking year after year. Yes, they have had talented guys, but we all know that even when they plugged in a backup he was going to get yards.

I won't believe the Packers didn't just draft the next decade plus of hell QB for us until Rodgers is completely not on the roster and I watch him not torch us for 300+ yards and 3 TD's to start.

I'm holding out hope that day will come.

Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    It's a sad, but in my eyes true notion. I just don't think it carries the weight it did and now we're in an era where unless you are Saquon talented RB's are just not the talk of the town. I mean you can't just have anyone, but look at the Cowboys for instance. Hate them or love them they turn out great run blocking year after year. Yes, they have had talented guys, but we all know that even when they plugged in a backup he was going to get yards.
    Yeah, I mean, for me, it's almost more important just that they're able to catch and run decent routes than the ability to run behind a line. Generational guys like Saquan are marginal exceptions. Occassionally they'll make plays only guys like them can make, but I seriously don't think it's as valuable as people will present it. If I'm an NFL GM, I'm not giving any runningback a 2nd long-term/high AAV contract. It's never a good investment. Just get some new cannon fodder off the bargain bin.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    100%

If Mack and Quinn stay healthy the pass rush is going to be filthy. If one or both miss extended time, itíll be ugly. That said, theyíre deep in the secondary which could potentially make up for some injuries in terms of taking away big plays.
    Our CB depth is definitely nice. I think we got two good ones this draft.

Yeah, I mean, for me, it's almost more important just that they're able to catch and run decent routes than the ability to run behind a line. Generational guys like Saquan are marginal exceptions. Occassionally they'll make plays only guys like them can make, but I seriously don't think it's as valuable as people will present it. If I'm an NFL GM, I'm not giving any runningback a 2nd long-term/high AAV contract. It's never a good investment. Just get some new cannon fodder off the bargain bin.
    But would you trade up in the 3rd round to draft one?

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    But would you trade up in the 3rd round to draft one?
    Lol nope. I would never even take one before round 3, maybe even 4 either.

Running backs provide a good portion of the offense. QB play is helped or hurt by the O-line too, but the idea they are interchangeable is crazy. There are levels to RB and great RB's get you that extra yard acouple of times a game that keep drives going. They punch it in at the goal line when there are no holes, when they should have been blocked. The idea that you shouldn't draft a RB in the first 3-4 rounds is crazy, ESPECIALLY if you're not signing any to second contracts, lmao! It also completely ignores BPA. You really think our running game would have looked like last season with a Matt Forte, or even Jordan Howard?

While the Packers had an awful draft, the Vikings had arguably the best draft in the whole league.

Though for not having a 1st, I think Pace did a nice job getting Johnson, Gipson, Vildor, and Mooney. Still wish we'd have seen a trade back and gone OL earlier, but overall not bad.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 04-26-2020 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    While the Packers had an awful draft, the Vikings had arguably the best draft in the whole league.

Though for not having a 1st, I think Pace did a nice job getting Johnson, Gipson, Vildor, and Mooney. Still wish we'd have seen a trade back and gone OL earlier, but overall not bad.
    The Foles trade hurts too (albeit not as much as the idea of Mitch being the starter again next year). There was a lot of talent in the 4th round.

The Foles trade hurts too (albeit not as much as the idea of Mitch being the starter again next year). There was a lot of talent in the 4th round.
    I was pretty high on some of the OL still available then, though I'm not even convinced Pace would have pulled the trigger. He seems kinda locked into the idea that Juan Castillo is going to fix everyone.

My concern with the OL isn't even so much about this season, but we're potentially a year away from replacing 3 starters.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Running backs provide a good portion of the offense. QB play is helped or hurt by the O-line too, but the idea they are interchangeable is crazy. There are levels to RB and great RB's get you that extra yard acouple of times a game that keep drives going. They punch it in at the goal line when there are no holes, when they should have been blocked. The idea that you shouldn't draft a RB in the first 3-4 rounds is crazy, ESPECIALLY if you're not signing any to second contracts, lmao! It also completely ignores BPA. You really think our running game would have looked like last season with a Matt Forte, or even Jordan Howard?
    Yes. The run game would have been just as bad with Howard and maybe slightly improved with Forte. I have no idea why nags didnít use Montgomery as more of a receiver. When mont was in the game, it was almost a given he was rushing. When Cohen was in the game, pretty obvious a pass was coming. The offense as a whole was very predictable and the OL literally couldnít create any holes to run through.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    I don't disagree that the league has going away fro RB's....But the Titans do NOT beat the Patriots without Henry running it down their throat, if memory serves!

I grew up watching Payton run the ball....I kinda like him...

If I had to choose one player to stat a team it would be sweetness for me...

But I digress.....I think the draft went as well as possible. Kmet turns into a "player" then you might have the best draft in a long time. Really like the CB's and the Mooney is my "sleeper"...