Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 51 of 109 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 1627
  1. #751
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Outside of Eason I would be good with that draft. i just don't see much diference in Eason vs some of the other developmental QBs u can likely get later. None are starting this year baring a catastrophe (and it would have to be really bad with potentially limited TRaining camp) and there were probably some other areas we could have adressed. But like Damn said its hard to be upset with getting all 4 of those guys. i would just rather wait for next year on QB or wait much later and use that pick elsewhere
    I loved Eason before (and early on in) the CFB season, but after digging into him more, he needs A LOT of work. I would pass on him, even though his upside is pretty high.

  2. #752
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    26,257
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I loved Eason before (and early on in) the CFB season, but after digging into him more, he needs A LOT of work. I would pass on him, even though his upside is pretty high.
    He could be a guy where he falls because of those issues. We’ve seen it with QBs before.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #753
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,089
    So, on The Athletic, they have an interesting article where Arif Hasan comes up with aggregate rankings compiled from 61 different media rankings (was 45 last year) to come up with Consensus Rankings. Then the he lists off some of the ones with the most variance.

    One type of analyst, the “forecasters,” tend to have much more access to NFL and college personnel, which gives them information about injury concerns, character, off-field issues and behind-the-scenes information that could change our understanding of a player one way or the other. The other group, the “evaluators,” rely on public data — primarily college game film and advanced statistics.

    The forecaster group tends to do far better at predicting the draft and placed first among all boards last year in that respect. With the 10 prospects they disagreed with most, the forecaster board was closer to their actual draft slot eight out of 10 times
    https://theathletic.com/1758405/2020...shared-article

    I thought these were all pretty interesting since we've been connected to/met with almost all of them.

    • Kristian Fulton (CB): 42 (Forecasters) - 23 (Evaluators) - 26 (Consensus)
    • Jonah Jackson (IOL): 165 (F) - 92 (E) - 100 (C)
    • Austin Jackson (OT): 26 (F) - 46 (E) - 41 (C)
    • Alex Highsmith (EDGE): 187 (F) - 117 (E) - 133 (C)
    • K'Von Wallace (DB): 166 (F) - 104 (E) - 110 (C)
    • Ezra Cleveland (OT): 40 (F) - 63 (E) - 55 (C)
    • Donovan Peoples-Jones (WR): 127 (F) - 89 (E) - 91 (C)
    • Brycen Hopkins (TE): 131 (F) - 93 (E) - 103 (C)
    • Antoine Winfield (S): 47 (F) - 34 (E) - 36 (C)
    • Josh Jones (OT): 37 (F) - 27 (E) - 29 (C)
    • Albert Okwuegbunam (TE): 82 (F) - 112 (E) - 109 (C)
    • Jack Driscoll (OT): 175 (F) - 129 (E) - 135 (C)


    FWIW, Forecasters previously ranked Trubisky higher than Evaluators, and Eddie Jackson was ranked higher by the Evaluators. It's not a perfect formula, but something to consider in mocks and the eventual draft.

    My hope is the Forecasters are right on Kristian Fulton, Austin Jackson, Josh Jones, and Ezra Cleveland, so that we'll have a legitimate chance at a couple of them. I also hope guys like Highsmith, Wallace, and Driscoll fall where they're being projected since they each make a lot of sense for us too, and talent like that potentially being available later justifies a trade back.

    Also, with their Big Board Consensus rankings, some of the players we're interested in that may have a chance at being there around 43 (and 50, in some cases) are: AJ Terrell (38), Jalen Reagor (39), Noah Igbinoghene (52), KJ Hamler (53), Jeremy Chinn (54), Terrell Lewis (57), and Isaiah Wilson (58).

    Anyway, I'm excited for this draft. It's a pretty talented class overall. There are a bunch of good players throughout at positions of need for us, so hopefully we capitalize on that.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 04-20-2020 at 11:20 AM.

  4. #754
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    25,367
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    So, on The Athletic, they have an interesting article where Arif Hasan comes up with aggregate rankings compiled from 61 different media rankings (was 45 last year) to come up with Consensus Rankings. Then the he lists off some of the ones with the most variance.


    https://theathletic.com/1758405/2020...shared-article

    I thought these were all pretty interesting since we've been connected to/met with almost all of them.

    • Kristian Fulton (CB): 42 (Forecasters) - 23 (Evaluators) - 26 (Consensus)
    • Jonah Jackson (IOL): 165 (F) - 92 (E) - 100 (C)
    • Austin Jackson (OT): 26 (F) - 46 (E) - 41 (C)
    • Alex Highsmith (EDGE): 187 (F) - 117 (E) - 133 (C)
    • K'Von Wallace (DB): 166 (F) - 104 (E) - 110 (C)
    • Ezra Cleveland (OT): 40 (F) - 63 (E) - 55 (C)
    • Donovan Peoples-Jones (WR): 127 (F) - 89 (E) - 91 (C)
    • Brycen Hopkins (TE): 131 (F) - 93 (E) - 103 (C)
    • Antoine Winfield (S): 47 (F) - 34 (E) - 36 (C)
    • Josh Jones (OT): 37 (F) - 27 (E) - 29 (C)
    • Albert Okwuegbunam (TE): 82 (F) - 112 (E) - 109 (C)
    • Jack Driscoll (OT): 175 (F) - 129 (E) - 135 (C)


    FWIW, Forecasters previously ranked Trubisky higher than Evaluators, and Eddie Jackson was ranked higher by the Evaluators. It's not a perfect formula, but something to consider in mocks and the eventual draft.

    My hope is the Forecasters are right on Kristian Fulton, Austin Jackson, Josh Jones, and Ezra Cleveland, so that we'll have a legitimate chance at a couple of them. I also hope guys like Highsmith, Wallace, and Driscoll fall where they're being projected since they each make a lot of sense for us too, and talent like that potentially being available later justifies a trade back.

    Also, with their Big Board Consensus rankings, some of the players we're interested in that may have a chance at being there around 43 (and 50, in some cases) are: AJ Terrell (38), Jalen Reagor (39), Noah Igbinoghene (52), KJ Hamler (53), Jeremy Chinn (54), Terrell Lewis (57), and Isaiah Wilson (58).

    Anyway, I'm excited for this draft. It's a pretty talented class overall. There are a bunch of good players throughout at positions of need for us, so hopefully we capitalize on that.
    Is there a scenario where you'd be happy with the Bears trading up?

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  5. #755
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,089
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Is there a scenario where you'd be happy with the Bears trading up?
    Maybe, but that scenario would have to involve a 2021 pick IMO. I don't think we can afford to burn the 2020 draft capital this year.

  6. #756
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,089

  7. #757
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,089

  8. #758
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    26,257
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    That’s what happens when you tell people their age to operate technology.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #759
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    27,714
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Is there a scenario where you'd be happy with the Bears trading up?
    I would not expect us to get higher up than the 43.... we just lack the draft capital to do so. We could trade a future pick..... but Honestly i want us to have a full load of picks next year instead of.... well what we have this one.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  10. #760
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    27,714
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Could cause alot of confusion. Hopefully the Bears are going to be pretty set on their board by the time the draft comes and you can rely on that.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  11. #761
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,089

  12. #762
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    27,714
    3 more days till draft day. 4 more till we draft...... But still excited for some peon on sports that is actually relevant.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  13. #763
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Did a Quick Mock draft with PFF's draft simulator. Trying to stay as realistic as possible with who we have looked at and how i think the draft will probably pan out. Here is what I got


    Trade Down from 43 with the Pittsburgh Steelers for #49 and #102. They took Cesar Ruiz who I was seriously tempted to take myself there. But I wanted more draft capital.

    #49- I took Jeremy Chinn S SMU- I am coming around to the idea of Chinn. We could really use a S across from Jackson.... and I think Chinn could step right in. he has the athletic traits.... coverage ability. the question is more about the level of comp.... and I think im OK taking this risk.

    #50- I took Robert Hunt OT/OG Louisiana Lafayette - I really wanted to trade down but I could not.... as there were no offers. So.... I felt obligated to take the best OG that we have looked at. Hunt Could compete for the OG spot.... or potentially end up as a Swing Backup for the Guard and or Tackle spot.

    I then used the #102 from PIT and the #196 to move up to #80 with the Raiders.

    #80- I took Logan Wilson LB Wyoming- We do have Roquan smith and Danny Trevathan..... but both ended the year injured and one of those guys is a little on the older side. We could really use a good quality depth and I love Logan Wilson.... He is a leader.... He is more than athletic enough to play in the NFL. to me he has Ryan pace type pick written all over him. He could easily develop into a Starter to replace Danny.

    #163 I took Albert Okwuegbunam TE Missouri - At this point... despite not looking at Albert O openly.... i had to take him. His athletic profile alone makes him worth this pick. Maybe he doesnt work out but he is surely a high potential guy who can potentially be a guy who steps up in our TE room of 10 guys.

    #200 I took James Morgan QB FIU- I honestly think we need to draft a developmental QB.... whether or not we think Mitch or Foles can take the job over and run with it. Next year one will probably be gone and we will be looking for a backup for the other. Morgan has all the Tools so get him in the QB room and develop him into a backup for next year... and hell maybe a starter if all goes to hell.

    #226 I took Lamar Jackson CB Nebraska - I am not personally sold on this CB room taking over and replacing Prince.... So I would love to add another body into the mix to compete. Jackson has good size. OK athleticism. obviously im not saying he could start, but he could at least add a good body and depth to that position room.

    #233 I took Trey Adams OT Washington- Basically I was sitting there looking for whoever fell and Trey adams was still on the board. 1 or 2 years ago he was talked about as the top OT prospect for this year. basically a shot i the dark on this one.

    And BTW if your interested in doing your own. here is the link for you to try. I tend to go with the 75 PFF to 25 Public option. But you can customize it yourself. it also gives you a grade afterword. FWIW. my grade came out terribly but I really like the way it turned out.

    https://www.pff.com/draft/nfl-mock-draft-simulator
    I did my own, what do you guys think?

    2nd round (43rd)- Austin Jackson, OL. There were two offensive tackles left on the board that I was considering. Both Austin Jackson and Erza Cleveland. I like Jackson a little better. As far as other positions with players I like (or others hold high): Cleveland (49), Kmet, Zach Baun (44), Ashtyn Davis, Kyle Dugger, Jeremy Chinn were all left.
    2nd round (50th)- Kyle Dugger S. I wanted to trade down here, but a trade down was not available here (or at 43 either). I was hoping Baun or Cleveland dropped to this pick, but they didn't. I am satisfied with Dugger, but would have preferred more picks to fill some needs with solid players in this deep draft.
    5th round (163rd)- Tyler Huntley, QB. I was also looking for a trade down here, with three QBs left on the board that I wouldn't mind in Huntley, Morgan, and Josh Love. The trade down was once again not available, so I went with the most potential, imo.
    6th round (196th)- Yasir Durant, OL. He provides depth on the offensive line as he can move around. He can possibly work his way into a starter at some point. If he struggles at OT, he can move to guard and project pretty well there.
    6th round (200th)- Kindle Vildor, CB. He will be a corner you can throw into the mix and see what happens. I was also looking into Cheyanne O'Grady here, but 3 suspensions and not staying with team are huge red flags. JJ Taylor and A.J. Dillon were also available here which piqued my interest a little (more so Dillon, but less so him because Nagy doesn't like RBs who aren't natural catching the ball).
    7th round (226th)- Harrison Hand, CB. I don't know much about many of the players left, and through my quick research he looked to be the best available imo.
    7th round (233rd)- Lamical Perine, RB.

  14. #764
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    27,261
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsforlife View Post
    I did my own, what do you guys think?

    2nd round (43rd)- Austin Jackson, OL. There were two offensive tackles left on the board that I was considering. Both Austin Jackson and Erza Cleveland. I like Jackson a little better. As far as other positions with players I like (or others hold high): Cleveland (49), Kmet, Zach Baun (44), Ashtyn Davis, Kyle Dugger, Jeremy Chinn were all left.
    2nd round (50th)- Kyle Dugger S. I wanted to trade down here, but a trade down was not available here (or at 43 either). I was hoping Baun or Cleveland dropped to this pick, but they didn't. I am satisfied with Dugger, but would have preferred more picks to fill some needs with solid players in this deep draft.
    5th round (163rd)- Tyler Huntley, QB. I was also looking for a trade down here, with three QBs left on the board that I wouldn't mind in Huntley, Morgan, and Josh Love. The trade down was once again not available, so I went with the most potential, imo.
    6th round (196th)- Yasir Durant, OL. He provides depth on the offensive line as he can move around. He can possibly work his way into a starter at some point. If he struggles at OT, he can move to guard and project pretty well there.
    6th round (200th)- Kindle Vildor, CB. He will be a corner you can throw into the mix and see what happens. I was also looking into Cheyanne O'Grady here, but 3 suspensions and not staying with team are huge red flags. JJ Taylor and A.J. Dillon were also available here which piqued my interest a little (more so Dillon, but less so him because Nagy doesn't like RBs who aren't natural catching the ball).
    7th round (226th)- Harrison Hand, CB. I don't know much about many of the players left, and through my quick research he looked to be the best available imo.
    7th round (233rd)- Lamical Perine, RB.
    I really think the Bears need to trade back in this draft at least once, and your mock kind of demonstrates why (not trying to be harsh, your draft is hardly insulting or anything), just too many needs. Anyway, I don't see the Bears not drafting a TE at some point in this draft, and I'd really like to see them address WR & edge rusher along with a lot of what you've done here.

  15. #765
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I really think the Bears need to trade back in this draft at least once, and your mock kind of demonstrates why (not trying to be harsh, your draft is hardly insulting or anything), just too many needs. Anyway, I don't see the Bears not drafting a TE at some point in this draft, and I'd really like to see them address WR & edge rusher along with a lot of what you've done here.
    I'll dissent: Rather than trade back to amass extra picks, why not stand pat and go best available - then supplement in FA/trade? There are a lot of intriguing names still available in FA, typically in the secondary. I think Round 2 will look like RB/WR/OT (whomever falls). The remainder of the draft plugs the following holes: whichever we missed out on in round 2 + QB/DL

    Our draft situation is not ideal, however the sky is not falling. I'd say we more under the "trade back only if we outright win the pick-value" situation.

Page 51 of 109 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •