Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    really hard to say because of this whole virus thing. But just a few names I like

Antoine Brooks Jr.
    Shyheim Carter
    Logan Wilson
    A Handful of guards I wont even bother to mention ( i think at least a few fall to the 5th or 6th)
    Nigel Kilby
    Anthony Gordon / James Morgan

The truth is With our current stack of draft picks..... its been really hard for me to evaluate the later rounds. Ive Basically been focused on the 2nd 3rd and 4th round areas. Lets admit it by the 5th we all see guys who start slipping down the board and say I hope we pick that guy.... and then we come away with some no name guy (Tarik or Jackson or shelly or Nichols ) we have never heard of... do some research and are OK with it. I mean can anyone really say that they were calling ADRIAN AMOS or BILLAL NICHOLS prior to the draft?
    I like Logan Wilson too. I prefer Gordon over Morgan.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    How do people learn of sleepers? Reading articles ? Watching that much college football?

I always feel completely lost when it comes to prospects.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I do watch a lot of college football, but I read a lot of scouting reports, look at measurements & testing results, and will watch highlights on players I'm interested in.

Since Pace has been here I tend to favor more of the plus athletes when I'm reading up on them, so that sorta narrows the field. I tend to favor those guys anyway, but that's almost always the type of player Pace targets in the draft. He's kinda easy to predict in that regard, except for a couple outliers (Ridley, Montgomery).
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 04-17-2020 at 05:04 PM.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    That Tua one is really concerning. I remember reading something about the wonderlick... i was actually taking it a few days ago and it wasnt hard... but it is alot of questions in a short period of time. I may go back and take it just to see what I actually get because i quit half way through.

But here is what I have heard about the Wonderlick

Job Title Average Wonderlic Score
    Systems Analyst 32
    Chemist 31
    Electrical Engineer 30
    Engineer 29
    Programmer 29
    Accountant 28
    Executive 28
    Reporter 28
    Teacher 28
    Copywriter 27
    Investment Analyst 27
    Librarian 27
    Electronics Technician 26
    Salesperson 25
    Secretary 24
    Dispatcher 23
    Drafter 23
    Electrician 23
    Nurse 23
    Bank teller 22
    Cashier 21
    Firefighter 21
    Clerical worker 21
    Machinist 21
    Receptionist 21
    Train conductor 21
    Craftsman 18
    Security guard 17
    Warehouseman 15
    Janitor 14

10 is considered Illiterate as well. which Jerry Judy scored a 9.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

I like Logan Wilson too. I prefer Gordon over Morgan.
    I have this gut feeling Gordon could go over some guys ranked much higher. I know there is nothing to back this up.... but I remember watching the senior bowl and While he looked good..... Hurts looked BAD.

I just think somebody falls in love with Gordon. especially if your talking about the guys in that 2nd round range..... guys like Fromm or Eason (who has upside but is probably a project)

-Rem Koolhaas

TE is back on the menu, unfortunately.

for some reason I am unworried. It makes very little sense that we would Cut Burton if we were targeting a TE would it not.... If your pace dont you kinda want to hide that you are targeting a TE... because otherwise some team could and probably will jump you in the draft? I am obviously just speculating here But the timing makes very little sense. why not do it after the draft.

Honestly On this notion as well I would expect the Bears to go OT with the signing of Spriggs b4 going TE.

-Rem Koolhaas

Nothing better then using limited resources in a horrible TE draft.

Almost as good as playing a washed up TE nearly ten million a year.

So...... Looking at this draft... .and mainly who we have kinda looked at too.... What prospects if any would you stay at 43 for. I used to be on the take the best player available at 43 side. But IM slowly begining to lean to the trade down side.

I mean.... There are a few OTs I would take..... but the only one i see we have openly looked at is Josh Jones who could go much higher. Cesar Ruiz would also be the only interior linemen I would feel comfortable taking at 43. otherwise trade down a handful of spots.

I seem to remember we looked or talked to Mims.... but i cant find anything confirming it. he is probably the only WR i would take at 43 unless one of the major ones slips.

Im just slowly starting to think that None of the Edges WOW me. I feel more comfortable taking one of them at 50 or later. The small receivers feel too high risk. I surely dont want to take a TE that high to me its 3rd round or later. QB is a late round guy IMO if that. I unfortunatly have not done enough scouting at CB..... But nobody pops off the paper. And S...... Maybe Winfield.... but honestly Chinn seems like a high risk pick too.

Maybe my list is too short..... maybe somebody big will fall to us. But im just not blown away by anyone.

-Rem Koolhaas

I'm slowly warming up to taking a qb at 43 and trading back at 50 if the right deal is in place. I'd need a high 3rd and 5th or low 3rd and 4th to feel great about it.

And in the "this won't be popular in a forum pick" the bears select Jake Fromm out of Georgia.

Was a top end 1st round pick a year ago. Has slid because his numbers dropped this year. Lost a lot of his supporting cast this year. High IQ and gets through his progressions and stays in the pocket. Something a certain a former NC qb doesn't do.

I'm happy we have Foles but I'm not convinced he's the qb of the future. If we are sitting there in week 5 or 6 and have a special defense like 2017 and Foles and Trubisky are not getting it done I'd be happy to hand the keys over to a Rook.

Keep picking quarterbacks until you get one that has the "it" factor.

Too many limitations with Fromm to get excited about.

Too many limitations with Fromm to get excited about.

I don't disagree but the same could be said about our current qbs. My thought process is you have to keep drafting quarterbacks until you find one. If it's not Fromm totally fine but I will be rather pissed if Pace doesn't draft a qb. I don't care where or who but at least take a swing on one.

Page 47 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast