Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    It's Dr. Kybenz. He's an orthopedic surgeon ffs.

Don't talk down to him you mouth breather.
    you don't have to be an orthopedic surgeon to do a little research to figure out how this injury can affect this kids career.

But lets all all play Fantasy Madden football and think your getting Tua in the 2nd and he wont have any negitive affects of the injury others are calling career threatening. Lets all so this in the wake of the injury too...... act like its a positive thing for the bears

and then when somebody calls out the rediculous BS going on in this forum. lets be a sarcastic douche bag..... criticise his grammer. and go on doing the same because we don't want to live in reality in this forum and actually adress the valid points brought up that bring us down off cloudntown
    we want to play Madden and pretend we all are smarter than the profesional evaluators from our keyboard behind our ****** desk at our ****** job.

But hey. what do i know. im just the guy saying its probably not smart to draft a mobile QB who is injury prone off a Career threatening Hip injury.

Maybe I should just blend in with the clown crowd here. Lets draft Tua...... he will be MVP for the bears. somehow fix every other issue we have had. probably won't even be out a month because i dont need an IQ test to post here or the ability to form a rational thought by seeing what others are saying about the injury. but hey. he probably still goes in the first because like me no nfl team will worry about this and every other injury he has had. the fact he wont be able to work out. hell won't be able ti see if he can drive a throw off that hip. But hey **** it. All in on Tau. **** Mitch .... Mitch is so terrible Bray would be better. Lets not look at the reports..... my gut feeling is Tua will be fine and thats all that matters. and if Pace passes on him he is an idiot.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

With the state of our QBís, and the history of bears QBís...take Tua if he falls, and redshirt him a year, also take Fromm or Hurts with the other 2nd. Use our cap to sign the best offensive lineman available. See if this can push Mitch, if not, he gone after next year and one of the young guys takes over....no payroll associated with the QB position and this allows us to hopefully find a franchise QB, and still compete in the short term as we focus our cap elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    you don't have to be an orthopedic surgeon to do a little research to figure out how this injury can affect this kids career.

But lets all all play Fantasy Madden football and think your getting Tua in the 2nd and he wont have any negitive affects of the injury others are calling career threatening. Lets all so this in the wake of the injury too...... act like its a positive thing for the bears

and then when somebody calls out the rediculous BS going on in this forum. lets be a sarcastic douche bag..... criticise his grammer. and go on doing the same because we don't want to live in reality in this forum and actually adress the valid points brought up that bring us down off cloudntown
    we want to play Madden and pretend we all are smarter than the profesional evaluators from our keyboard behind our ****** desk at our ****** job.

But hey. what do i know. im just the guy saying its probably not smart to draft a mobile QB who is injury prone off a Career threatening Hip injury.

Maybe I should just blend in with the clown crowd here. Lets draft Tua...... he will be MVP for the bears. somehow fix every other issue we have had. probably won't even be out a month because i dont need an IQ test to post here or the ability to form a rational thought by seeing what others are saying about the injury. but hey. he probably still goes in the first because like me no nfl team will worry about this and every other injury he has had. the fact he wont be able to work out. hell won't be able ti see if he can drive a throw off that hip. But hey **** it. All in on Tau. **** Mitch .... Mitch is so terrible Bray would be better. Lets not look at the reports..... my gut feeling is Tua will be fine and thats all that matters. and if Pace passes on him he is an idiot.
    Just relax dude. I think we can all read Twitter and Reddit, like you've probably done. No need to act like you have this wealth of information on the topic and **** all over fans wanting to draft him.

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    With the state of our QBís, and the history of bears QBís...take Tua if he falls, and redshirt him a year, also take Fromm or Hurts with the other 2nd. Use our cap to sign the best offensive lineman available. See if this can push Mitch, if not, he gone after next year and one of the young guys takes over....no payroll associated with the QB position and this allows us to hopefully find a franchise QB, and still compete in the short term as we focus our cap elsewhere.
    You can't use both 2nd's on QB's when you likely have a starting need at edge, RG, S, and maybe TE. Overpaying for OL in FA is generally a bad idea... those contracts almost always suck.

And I don't think you can "still compete in the short term" by bringing Mitch back as the starter. May as well look ahead to the 2021 draft for your QB instead of burning 2 picks on the position (from a FO that's likely gone after next season anyway).

Why canít you though? Iím sorry, but if you told me we grabbed a QB with our first pick and Tua was sitting their with our next pick, Iíd take that risk 100/100 times. Tua would be a straight wildcard pick. Sustained success in the NFL revolves around QB play, and until we actually get one, which has been never, every option available needs to be considered. All those holes can be filled in free agency instead of overpaying a mediocre QB to take over the job from Mitch.

This team can do exactly what they did last year and fight for the playoffs with Mitch at QB if coaching decides to play to the teams strengths. Adjust your game plan around defense and running game, similar to what Baltimore has done now for years and hopefully we can find our future QB with 3 options...2 for all those that consider Mitch a lost cause.

The odds a 2nd round pick makes a major impact to your team is minimal. Just look at our last 10 2nd round picks? Yeah, a few good guys, but no one that makes you say ďI canít believe we passed that guy up?Ē You canít tell me you wouldnít take the chance to get a franchise QB over any of them? The last two times a top pick had a devastating injury like this was Lattimore and Smith. Lattimore didnít pan out, but Smith has. In my opinion itís worth the risk for Tua based on the position, but at the same time, if thereís another young QB that is there that you have a high grade on, you grab him too.

The plan to me just seems way better long term than signing Cam, Bridgewater, Foles, Dalton, whoever you guys keep saying will make us Super Bowl favorites again.

Iíd draft him in the 2nd. Let him sit for a year or even two. Look at bridgewater and jaylon Smith...guys come back from horrific injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    The odds a 2nd round pick makes a major impact to your team is minimal. Just look at our last 10 2nd round picks? Yeah, a few good guys, but no one that makes you say ďI canít believe we passed that guy up?Ē You canít tell me you wouldnít take the chance to get a franchise QB over any of them? The last two times a top pick had a devastating injury like this was Lattimore and Smith. Lattimore didnít pan out, but Smith has. In my opinion itís worth the risk for Tua based on the position, but at the same time, if thereís another young QB that is there that you have a high grade on, you grab him too.

The plan to me just seems way better long term than signing Cam, Bridgewater, Foles, Dalton, whoever you guys keep saying will make us Super Bowl favorites again.
    That's more of an indictment on poor GM work. You're supposed to be ab;e to grab serviceable, starting caliber guys in the first two rounds; and to be slightly fair to Pace, he has drafted started; albeit some of them are better as backups (Floyd, Mitch) and others look good, but need more run (WHitehair, Daniels, Goldman,etc.)

Shaheen, Gronsu, and Langford are misses.

Point being; you take Tua Second, he better be ready to play in a year tops. Project QBs are usually reserved for the end of day 2 or the start of day 3.
    Broncos be like:

Yeah, I understand the value of a 2nd round pick, but people are making it seem like is 100% these guys are going to be pro bowlers...odds are they wonít, and 100/100 times Iím taking a QB that was going #1 overall if he falls because of medical concerns if thereís any chance he can play a year or two later for us.

This is how important a franchise QB is.

Yeah he has a fracture as well. Im nit going anywhere near tua.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Although I've been critical of how his game translates to the NFL, Jalen Hurts was impressive in the 2nd half against Baylor last night. He made some nice plays against the best defense in that conference to get OU the win. I liked the way he handled the pass rush, which is something he's always struggled with.

Here's a question: how confident are you guys in Nagy as a talent evaluator? He's been involved in the 2018 and 2019 drafts. From an offensive standpoint this is what he's done:

James Daniels, 2nd Round
    Anthony Miller, 2nd Round (trade up)
    Javon Wims, 7th round
    David Montgomery, 3rd round (trade up)
    Riley Ridley, 4th round
    Kerrith Whyte, 7th round

Obviously Nagy isn't making all these picks, but anything you can glean from those picks?

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    Here's a question: how confident are you guys in Nagy as a talent evaluator? He's been involved in the 2018 and 2019 drafts. From an offensive standpoint this is what he's done:

James Daniels, 2nd Round
    Javon Wims, 7th round
    Riley Ridley, 4th round
    Kerrith Whyte, 7th round

Obviously Nagy isn't making all these picks, but anything you can glean from those picks?
    I still think Miller is really talented. I don't know how well he's been used or how fair it is to evaluate him with bad QB and playcalling, but he seems to be consistently open enough for me to have noticed. Feels like once a game Mitch just completely misses him deep at one point or another. Aside from that, Montgomery also feels like he could be special, but the line and QB play are bad and the playcalling hasn't wanted to feature him. Wims has been interesting at times, but not enough there to tell and he's a 7th round draft pick. Daniels certainly seems like he could be a bust at this point, but overall, I don't hate that crop of players.

My bigger questionmark than anything with Nagy is in his playcalling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post

James Daniels, 2nd Round
    Javon Wims, 7th round
    Riley Ridley, 4th round
    Kerrith Whyte, 7th round

All except for Ridley and Whyte are solid picks IMO.

I want to see more of Wimms, but until he ends his Tarik Cohen Fetish, I won't be sure how good he can be.

Ridley and Whyte are question marks. If we lose tonight I say we bench Gabriel or Miller (probably will let Turbo go in the offseason anyway) and see what we got in Ridley.

Whyte was just signed to the Steelers' 53-man roster so we'll see what we let go there.
    Broncos be like:

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I still think Miller is really talented. I don't know how well he's been used or how fair it is to evaluate him with bad QB and playcalling, but he seems to be consistently open enough for me to have noticed. Feels like once a game Mitch just completely misses him deep at one point or another. Aside from that, Montgomery also feels like he could be special, but the line and QB play are bad and the playcalling hasn't wanted to feature him. Wims has been interesting at times, but not enough there to tell and he's a 7th round draft pick. Daniels certainly seems like he could be a bust at this point, but overall, I don't hate that crop of players.

My bigger questionmark than anything with Nagy is in his playcalling.
    The bigger point I was trying to get at is that in the n=1 of Nagy grabbing somebody for his system in particular (David Montgomery), it looks like he picked correctly. Hard to say how that would translate to QB, but just a thought.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast