Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ideas for bears forum improvement

What can be done to increase activity (although that isnt a big problem in the bears forum) ?

Don't be shy to post ideas. I'm some of you have browsed other forums that do things in different ways. Different styles. Let me know what you think.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 05-06-2020 at 05:55 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

This thread isn't meant for criticism - just ideas.

Click here to register!

I don't really think there's anything that can be done to increase activity. I've already said it before, but the forum is just kind of a dying space. Between Reddit & social media outlets, most people don't need a forum for their internet sports discussions.

Everything is fine, it's just the way it is.

Agreed with Bibs in the sense that forums are just slowly dying off, so I don't think there's much you can do about it from that end. I still enjoy this place because it's a smaller group that I've known for a while and there are still some viable/intelligent discussions occasionally. It's a little harder to find that quality when you jump into huge communities littered with the common Bears fan.

I guess you can always try offseason games, like mock offseasons (too late for that now), fantasy leagues (several of you are already in some of my leagues - and there's always openings), or even random games unrelated to the Bears. Could even do random polls about current/past players and teams...IDK, it all may be an uphill climb though.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 05-06-2020 at 08:32 PM.

Agreed with all sentiments above.

Maybe coordinate a yearly PSD gathering at a game for those interested? Iíd be down for the right price.

Cannot believe I've been posting for almost 15 years now.

Agree with everything above. One note is no matter how many social media or reddit threads there are when any Bears news of note happens this forum is the first thing I look at. I love seeing excitement like when we got Khalil Mack and I enjoy the disgust when we all know the franchise has made a dumb move. Its nice seeing everyone's perspective on things. I don't get on here as much I'd like but that's more due to work and family than lack of enthusiasm about the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Cannot believe I've been posting for almost 15 years now.
    August 2007.

****ing wild how much of my life has been spent (re:wasted) here.
    Last edited by debo; 05-06-2020 at 11:32 PM.

Iíve been reading this forum for the last 15 years. I donít post much at all but I really enjoy reading here. It used to be much busier but I appreciate you all posting in here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I don't really think there's anything that can be done to increase activity. I've already said it before, but the forum is just kind of a dying space. Between Reddit & social media outlets, most people don't need a forum for their internet sports discussions.

Everything is fine, it's just the way it is.
    We obviously need the ability to upvote/downvote and give awards for peoples comments.

I agree with urlachermadness! Youíre all awesome and i always come here for everything bears related! Just thinking, hypothetically if you could add one player from our franchises history to the current roster, who would it be??

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    We obviously need the ability to upvote/downvote and give awards for peoples comments.
    I believe this is something PSD tried years ago and it didn't go well. I don't remember why, but it was probably more than a decade ago.

Canít think of anything major to make this more popular. It is what it is. I really only value the older postersí posts on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Beardown4486 View Post
    I agree with urlachermadness! Youíre all awesome and i always come here for everything bears related! Just thinking, hypothetically if you could add one player from our franchises history to the current roster, who would it be??
    Olin Kreutz.

Our OL would be really, really solid then (with a weak spot at RT).

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Olin Kreutz.

Our OL would be really, really solid then (with a weak spot at RT).
    You know who my pick is and its admittedly a terrible, homer pick

Prime cutty

But seriously , I gotta go kreutz on offense, mike brown on defense edit: probably dumb not to take urlacher or dent here

Last edited by blams; 05-07-2020 at 09:26 PM.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast