Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    You guys know what my thoughts are about our qb situation. I would like to add that it would be unrealistic to hope Darnold plays next week when it's easily a click away on how long it takes for a spleen to get back to size and by that timeframe we actually have about a couple months left to go. It ain't a week to week type injury. So what's our backup plan for qb till then? More trash qb carousel? We're jets fans so were used to it smh
    Yep. They were so certain he'd be ok that they only practiced Sam. Gase needs to prepare for either scenario.

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    I do agree judging a coach and a team playing with a 3rd string QB is silly, but I'm not crazy about what I'm seeing from him and many of the players on the sidelines. The team looks like it has no energy. And what about the decision to kick a 55 yard field goal? Even Jay Feely said the Eagles Special Teams unit was questioning why he would even attempt it....that has to scare you a little..no? We'll see how it shakes out once Darnold comes back, but I'm very skeptical (at best) on Gase being the answer to our coaching miseries.
    100% agree. I know Gase will be more successful with Sam or at least he should be but 4 offensive TDs for the year and 2 of those in game 1 is busted.
    I maintain that a good coach adapts and gets the best out of his or her players. They put players in positions to succeed. I have not seen that with Gase.

I will say that when Sam is back, I think we will see more life on the sideline.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    100% agree. I know Gase will be more successful with Sam or at least he should be but 4 offensive TDs for the year and 2 of those in game 1 is busted.
    I maintain that a good coach adapts and gets the best out of his or her players. They put players in positions to succeed. I have not seen that with Gase.

I will say that when Sam is back, I think we will see more life on the sideline.
    I hope you're right with the latter part of your post. But I hope Sam is up to the responsibility of rallying the entire team as a second year player who's missed most of the season.

Rippin' lips son!!

i dont expect us to be competitive or win games with falk, I expect a HC with limitations to show some sort of playcall that shows hes trying to use what he has and not either call expected calls or do something stupid like try to go for a 50 yard kick
    [IMG][/IMG]

I don't see the Jets having a miraculous turnaround even when Sam returns, because the OL is just trash. Considering that, thoughts on realistic replacements for Gase? I don't think he makes it past this year if the Jets continue on their current trajectory, as I expect they will.

All I know is I'm real worried about Darnold getting creamed the rest of the season with this offensive line and his spleen. The Eagles had 3 sacks for the year before yesterday and now have double digits. Falk was on his back so much yesterday that he must have felt like he was gang raped.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    I don't see the Jets having a miraculous turnaround even when Sam returns, because the OL is just trash. Considering that, thoughts on realistic replacements for Gase? I don't think he makes it past this year if the Jets continue on their current trajectory, as I expect they will.
    No miraculous turnaround. Maybe 6-10, 7-9?

I would give Williams a shot at HC if there is no standout name. I feel like he got robbed of that job in Cleveland. He turned that team around last year after taking over.
    His D is playing very well. Even with the O sucking, he has his guys doing their jobs. And that's without CBs or an edge rusher. If he had good CBs and a guy off the edge? This D would be top shelf.

My biggest issue with Gase is, if the Dr said, "Sam can play but I would give it another week to be safe", I think Gase plays him.
    He puts his interests in front of the teams. He wants to prove something rather than build a winning team.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    All I know is I'm real worried about Darnold getting creamed the rest of the season with this offensive line and his spleen. The Eagles had 3 sacks for the year before yesterday and now have double digits. Falk was on his back so much yesterday that he must have felt like he was gang raped.
    He was. In fairness to the OL, there were a few times where he asked for it but they had 10 ****ing sacks. 10

The Jets ran 45 offensive plays. They gave up 10 sacks. 1 out of every 4.5 plays was a sack.

OR

They ran 26 pass plays. 1 out of 2.6 plays.

The ****ing jets got sacked on better than 1 every 3 pass plays.

Let that one sink in. I keep Darnold out against the Cowboys. They have aa good pass rush. This is when Gase is smart or a dick.

Iím not a Gase supporter whatsoever but the guy doesnít deserve all the blame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

No miraculous turnaround. Maybe 6-10, 7-9?

I would give Williams a shot at HC if there is no standout name. I feel like he got robbed of that job in Cleveland. He turned that team around last year after taking over.
    His D is playing very well. Even with the O sucking, he has his guys doing their jobs. And that's without CBs or an edge rusher. If he had good CBs and a guy off the edge? This D would be top shelf.
    I see Williams as the interim certainly if Gase were to be fired midseason, but not sure he would get much consideration in an open search. I think the team wants to hire an innovative offensive HC. Gase just isn't that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Iím not a Gase supporter whatsoever but the guy doesnít deserve all the blame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He doesn't, but he does deserve some of it. Also, he was never the right hire. He had a chance already to prove that he was an offensive guru in MIA and he failed. Not sure why he was given another chance so soon.

I think the part that bothers me the most is that they don't look like a competent NFL team right now:

Like yesterday, 6 offensive points, 128 yards of total offense
    @ New England-- 0 offensive points, 105 yards of total offense
    Cleveland-- 3 offensive points, 262 yards of total offense

These are numbers like we got 11 people here from PSD and went out and played in the NFL. How does any offensive line give up 10 sacks?

Yes, the Jets have injuries, but if you look around the NFL, other teams have injuries to their QB's and they still are managing to remain a competent NFL team.
    Eichel Tower

Exactly.

I really think it could be as simple as, Gase is not reaching his players. He is know for and has built a reputation of, "his way or the highway" Even the great coaches who have that same philosophy, understand that you have to coach to your team and it's strengths. I just haven't seen that from him.

I'm not saying it's all his fault. But if you brag about being a QB whisperer and an offensive genius,
    These are not the numbers you should ever post

"6 offensive points, 128 yards of total offense
    @ New England-- 0 offensive points, 105 yards of total offense
    Cleveland-- 3 offensive points, 262 yards of total offense"
    (Thanks CCUGRAD)

He is showing a lack of adaptability. The sheer idea that he had Sam take all the starting reps just exemplifies that.

That is not genius. It is failure to prepare

Another sign of that is, as a "QB guru", you would know what Falk is. Knowing that, an adaptable mind would find a better back up. But he hasn't.
    Which means-
    A-He thinks Falk is good enough to do the job
    or
    B he is too stubborn to admit he's wrong and change.
    There really is no "C" or "D". You are the HC. You are a QB whisperer. The team has money to bring in a vet on contract for the rest of the year.

Hey Adam, I going to go out on a limb and say that there are some names out there who are better than Falk but he's your guy and played in your system, so you keep rolling with him.

The wort part is right now, Falk will be the back up when Sam is back. That is a refusal to change direction. It is a refusal to acknowledge a mistake.

That is not genius. That is stupidity and pride.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 10-07-2019 at 01:57 PM.

My biggest issue with Gase is, if the Dr said, "Sam can play but I would give it another week to be safe", I think Gase plays him.
    He puts his interests in front of the teams. He wants to prove something rather than build a winning team.
    How the **** do you know that?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast