Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Globe Life Park (Ballpark in Arlington) closing down Sunday

Mixed emotions around the DFW area. Lot's to like about this classic park but the summer heat is overwhelming. The new retractable roof and ac will be a welcome relief in the ever increasing summer heat in DFW. Anyone on this board have thoughts on Globe Life? Ever attended a Rangers game there?

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Mixed emotions around the DFW area. Lot's to like about this classic park but the summer heat is overwhelming. The new retractable roof and ac will be a welcome relief in the ever increasing summer heat in DFW. Anyone on this board have thoughts on Globe Life? Ever attended a Rangers game there?
    Iím not a fan of domes by any means, but the welcome relief of the Tokyo Dome when I saw the Giants vs. the Swallows this past summer was extremely appreciated. It was in the 90ís almost the entire week we were there.

I wish I went to the Ballpark at Arlington. It looked like a great place to see a game.

Quote Originally Posted by thefeckcampaign View Post
    Iím not a fan of domes by any means, but the welcome relief of the Tokyo Dome when I saw the Giants vs. the Swallows this past summer was extremely appreciated. It was in the 90ís almost the entire week we were there.

I wish I went to the Ballpark at Arlington. It looked like a great place to see a game.
    Funny, I think virtually every team should have a dome.

Colorado, Minnesota, Chicago, Atlanta, and probably a few others.

Idk, I think teams battling the elements is stupid. Nobody enjoys a baseball game in the dog days of August when youíre stuck in the sun in 100 degree weather. Iím surprised more teams donít have domes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    I went for a week early in the summer for the Royals, Orioles and Athletics series, my last game was Beltre's number retirement, and the Rangers blew away anything I've seen for the Orioles as far as programs go for that.

For the park itself, it's a few years younger than Oriole Park, and I just can't wrap my mind around abandoning a building that soon. It was a great park- food was damn good, sightlines were good, and their authentics location had everything you could want. I stayed at the Courtyard which was a 10 minute walk from the old stadium, and probably the same to the new one.

I also took the tour of Jerry World, and I highly recommend that to anyone. It's really interesting to hear what went into the design of the stadium.

It's incredible to see a situation where the Angels/A's/Rays can't get a new stadium and the rangers just dumped one that's not even 25 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    It's incredible to see a situation where the Angels/A's/Rays can't get a new stadium and the rangers just dumped one that's not even 25 years old.
    I haven't even seen talk of what they're going to do with it....quite the waste if it isn't repurposed at least some, like for HS football at least
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I haven't even seen talk of what they're going to do with it....quite the waste if it isn't repurposed at least some, like for HS football at least
    When I was there I heard it was for the xfl team.

1994 was 25 years ago.

The Braves dumped Turner Field in just 20 years.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Accelerating climate change is making it necessary. Some models show DFW days above 96 deg F rising from an average of about 38 days a summer now to over 70 by 2035. It is getting too hot and staying too hot too long for the average fan to battle the heat.

The Rays don't need a new stadium. They need a new city to call home.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    1994 was 25 years ago.

The Braves dumped Turner Field in just 20 years.
    Another one I didn't get. The experience there was second to none.

And here it comes: Fans are irate at Rangersí ticket pricing plans for new ballpark

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports...#storylink=cpy

I just read it will have synthetic turf instead of grass. Is that right? I realize that modern turf is probably significantly better than 1970s Astroturf, but "ew".
    Last edited by Dugmet; 09-27-2019 at 10:40 AM.
    ďIt is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.Ē -- Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    And here it comes: Fans are irate at Rangersí ticket pricing plans for new ballpark

I just read it will have synthetic turf instead of grass. Is that right? I realize that modern turf is probably significantly better than 1970s Astroturf, but "ew".
    Globe Life Park is a nice looking ballpark. I went there about 4 years ago and loved it. I understand why they replaced Turner Field because it looked dated but this is just a money grab and sure fans are going to be upset but what can they expect? Its a new ballpark. Of course ticket prices are going to jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post

The prices were already high. I spent at least $80-$110 to sit behind the dugout, and my comparable tickets at Oriole Park max out at $75 for Yankees/Red Sox/Nationals tickets. The Beltre retirement ceremony, I spent $80 for the all-you-can-eat tickets in the right field home run porch. Tickets were $50 in the upper deck for the bobblehead game (where only 15,000 were made.) .

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Globe Life Park is a nice looking ballpark. I went there about 4 years ago and loved it. I understand why they replaced Turner Field because it looked dated but this is just a money grab and sure fans are going to be upset but what can they expect? Its a new ballpark. Of course ticket prices are going to jump.
    Just a money grab? 3 times more 95 degree or higher days than any other ball park in either league. I kindly disagree. IT is only going to get hotter in coming decades sir...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast