Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 59 of 76 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I've soured on Nagy plenty, but I still have hope there's something there with his own QB. I know I keep going back to the Chiefs, but it feels appropriate. Anyway, Andy Reid's offenses aren't known for having a great running game either (it does happen now and then, but I digress). I don't think there's enough evidence to suggest Nagy can't produce competent run game offenses.

Also considering all of the dopes we've seen as OCs in Chicago, I think it's flat out wrong to say his is some of the worst planning/calling you've seen. It's been disappointing, but I still think the jury is out, particularly until he gets a chance with a QB that isn't Mitch.
    I donít see Andy Reidís offenses constantly throwing bubble screens, behind the line of scrimmage, and short of the first down marker. Nagy has his own unique, crap version. I get Trubisky is limited, Nagy lacks confidence in him, and some are just check downs by a scared QB but there are too many of what appear to be designed short passes that go nowhere. When you are as inept at scoring points as this team is you have to at least try and open it up more and let this bum QB either grow or hang himself. You could train a chimpanzee to throw bubble screens. I donít know if Nagy is just too stubborn or simply not smart enough to make changes to his scheme but something is wrong. Every Bears head coach since Ditka seems to turn into an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Everyone is experienced lol

Nagy, Pace and Mitch are all experienced. So weíre waiting for Nagy to grow and get better as a play caller (not to mention game planner, decision maker), but weíre out on Mitch and Pace who also are inexperienced? And how long do we give Nagy to grow? I get that we really have no choice, but if Nagy shows improvement, and the QB /offensive production gets better, it only helps Pace and possibly Mitch...depending if heís the starter with improved results.
    I said he was inexperienced as a play caller when he was hired, not now. Come on man.

Mitch is objectively bad... don't even think that's worth arguing anymore. Jury's still out on Nagy IMO. If you feel differently, that's fine, but I've seen enough to give me some hope. I also think, that while I'm down on Pace right now, he has a chance to redeem himself. I don't believe there's any realistic scenario where we see that from Mitch.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 01-21-2020 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I said he was inexperienced as a play caller when he was hired, not now. Come on man.

Mitch is objectively bad... don't even think that's worth arguing anymore. Jury's still out on Nagy IMO. If you feel differently, that's fine, but I've seen enough to give me some hope. I also think, that while I'm down on Pace right now, he has a chance to redeem himself. I don't believe there's any realistic scenario where we see that from Mitch.
    We donít truly know but thereís a lot of cause for concern. Iím hoping he adapts a bit more next year. Iím less hopeful than you are but Iím hoping like hell im wrong on this one. I agree that Mitch rebounding is slim but crazier things have happened. Donít think heíll ever be top 10, but I do think he could carve out a tannehil, foles etc type career.

We donít truly know but thereís a lot of cause for concern. Iím hoping he adapts a bit more next year. Iím less hopeful than you are but Iím hoping like hell im wrong on this one. I agree that Mitch rebounding is slim but crazier things have happened. Donít think heíll ever be top 10, but I do think he could carve out a tannehil, foles etc type career.
    There's cause for concern, but I don't agree that it's a lot. He had no QB, TE, an OL that fell off a cliff, and one reliable WR all season. It'd be tough for most offensive HC's to do anything with that.

I strongly disagree on Mitch. He's Bortles, maybe worse, lol. I can't envision a scenario where he gets another starting job in this league and he definitely shouldn't be starting here next season.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    There's cause for concern, but I don't agree that it's a lot. He had no QB, TE, an OL that fell off a cliff, and one reliable WR all season. It'd be tough for most offensive HC's to do anything with that.

I strongly disagree on Mitch. He's Bortles, maybe worse, lol. I can't envision a scenario where he gets another starting job in this league and he definitely shouldn't be starting here next season.
    He may be worse than Bortles but Iím not ready to go that far yet lol.

I want the Bears to have a different starter next year but ultimately, I think theyíll give Mitch a few games before the new QB comes in.

I want the Bears to have a different starter next year but ultimately, I think theyíll give Mitch a few games before the new QB comes in.
    Absolutely.

You know they are going to do everything they possibly can to make it work with Mitch, they are showing that already. You also know that both Pace and Nagy like and want to keep their jobs. They have to bring in someone capable of taking over the team and performing at least at a moderate standard. I like Mitch, I would like very much for him to be the guy - but I don't think it's in the cards for him, not in Chicago. Trubisky gets September, probably - and unless he lights the world on fire he's on the bench after that.
    I still fully expect him to resurrect his career and become at least a decent QB in another city, somewhere with less hype and expectations than Chicago. Time will tell...
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

My question is this, with one reliable receiver, an OL that fell off a cliff, and absolutely no TE, with some questionable playcalling, how come people shift so much of the blame onto Trubisky, exactly what does he have to work with, I hear a lot about what Nagy has to work with, but never is the same argument used for Trubisky.

Everyone is experienced lol

Nagy, Pace and Mitch are all experienced. So weíre waiting for Nagy to grow and get better as a play caller (not to mention game planner, decision maker), but weíre out on Mitch and Pace who also are inexperienced? And how long do we give Nagy to grow? I get that we really have no choice, but if Nagy shows improvement, and the QB /offensive production gets better, it only helps Pace and possibly Mitch...depending if heís the starter with improved results.

Edit: Meant to say inexperienced, not experienced
    The leashes for HC are way way to short. Look at a guy like Belichick. 11 years as various positions on Colts, Lions, Broncos, and Giants before being a HC of the Browns. He was fired by the Browns after 4 years, then patriots, then returned to Giants, and then ultimately got hired by the Patriots again in 2000. It's a fine line to know when to hold on and when to let go, but his first year he won coach of the year and did very well. His second year was just overall bad and i think he struggled with what was working isn't working anymore and got lost. To even think he needs to get let go after one crap season with a **** line, bad qb play, inconsistent everything but D, that's hard for me to get behind. (I know you didn't say that KG2TB, but for those that are upset with Nagy).

Look back at the year before Nagy left KC. The team was bad over halfway through the season reid gave up play calling. Imagine if they fired him, they wouldn't be where they are now that's for sure. give the guy a few years. I think this ship can be corrected and it comes down to fixing
    1. oline
    2. qb play
    3. TE

Quote Originally Posted by Daktothefuture View Post
    My question is this, with one reliable receiver, an OL that fell off a cliff, and absolutely no TE, with some questionable playcalling, how come people shift so much of the blame onto Trubisky, exactly what does he have to work with, I hear a lot about what Nagy has to work with, but never is the same argument used for Trubisky.
    Because Trubisky is missing guys when they're open, walking into sacks, and generally playing it extremely safe by throwing most of his passes under 10 yards.

The talent around him isn't elite or anything, but there's consistently plays to be made, and he's shown very little evidence that he can take advantage of those situations.

I wouldn't necessarily agree that there's consistently plays to be made, there where plenty of times I saw no separation from a receiver not named Robinson, he does indeed have issues with missing passes, but I don't see a reasoning for the hate he gets, but that's just me.

I wouldn't necessarily agree that there's consistently plays to be made, there where plenty of times I saw no separation from a receiver not named Robinson, he does indeed have issues with missing passes, but I don't see a reasoning for the hate he gets, but that's just me.
    He's probably cost Miller 700 yards between the last two seasons.

Right. Thereís not plays to be made consistently. Mitch does miss plays though. More than reasonably expected. But letís not act like the OL, TE group and Nagy are a well oiled machine and are only being held up by Mitchell Trubisky. Thatís not true either. Put an above average QB on the team this year and is this offense elite? Not even close. Not without an OL or a capable TE on the roster. Theyíd be better, sure. But then again so would Mitch. The whole offense has problems, from Nagy on down.

Also, i donít think Mitch is going to be the guy here. But I do think he could become a bridge QB somewhere else like a Tannehil, Foles, Keenum etc. Especially with a coach and personnel that will play to his strengths and not try to make him into something heís not. But I donít believe heíll ever be remotely close to a franchise guy.

Also, i donít think Mitch is going to be the guy here. But I do think he could become a bridge QB somewhere else like a Tannehil, Foles, Keenum etc. Especially with a coach and personnel that will play to his strengths and not try to make him into something heís not. But I donít believe heíll ever be remotely close to a franchise guy.
    ????

Page 59 of 76 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast