Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 62 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I guess it's possible, but kinda hard to defend if you're the McCaskey family.
    The McCaskey family has shown throughout the years they do not care what the fans think and lets face it, no matter the results all tickets are sold and merchandise flies off the shelves. The patience they have shown with a guy like Ted Phillips, who seems to have a job for life no matter what happens, shows their reluctance to make changes. For Pace and or Nagy to be gone after next season with time still left on their contracts I would think it would have to be disastrous, maybe 4-12 with complete ineptitude. This organization never shows any real urgency or accountability.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Remember when Cutler was sacked 9 times in the 1st half and we continued the empty set/deep dropbacks regardless of the brutal *** kicking we were being served.

I think you're falling victim to recency bias.
    Lol yes...recency bias. Does a game....10 years ago change the fact that Nagy had a **** game plan twice against GB? I donít care to rank them. All 3 games were terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Goff's biggest problem is the receiver needs to clearly open, not that he can't read defenses.

Mitch can't even hit guys when they're open.
    Come on, don't make blanket statements like this. Dude has a 63% completion ratio, so he's obviously hitting some guys when they're open. There is no winning in the mitch debate.

For example: Mitch throws 18-26, 2TDs, 2Ints.
    Narrative A: those Int's were terrible, he missed so many open guys, the only completions he had were within 5 yards and the WR did everything else to make it happen. Blocking was fine, mitch can't read defenses...etc
    Narrative B: those two TDs were perfect, great throws, his online was terrible, no run blocking, the ints weren't his fault... etc. Your narrative will see the same play your way, no one is changing their minds on here.

I don't think Mitch is the worst qb, i definitely don't think he's the best. His absolute biggest problem is consistency. He's had some insanely great plays, and some insanely awful ones, which leads me to believe he's young and still figuring **** out. he'll most likely be a career backup, but maybe he takes a step, probably not tho.

Quote Originally Posted by hester23fan4va View Post
    Come on, don't make blanket statements like this. Dude has a 63% completion ratio, so he's obviously hitting some guys when they're open. There is no winning in the mitch debate
    That's not a blanket statement...obviously an exaggeration. Not like I'm suggesting he misses every wide open throw. He has decent accuracy inside of 10 yards, but that's about it as far as consistency goes.

He's been in the top 10 of Bad Throws, Bad Throw %, and bottom half of the league in On Target % for the last 2 years. That's not ideal for a guy that displays more game manager upside than big play upside.

He also had the worst YPA in the league. 63% is pedestrian at best in context.

Jameis would be an interesting guy to take a chance on.

Still has a high ceiling.

But if Arians doesn't want to give him another chance ... that's worrisome lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Whatís weird about Mitch is I remember reading after his rookie year, that he was one of the more accurate passers 15-20 yards downfield. Not sure what happened. He was pretty accurate in college too.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    There's so much context in football though. Not saying his worst YPA is invalid, but it's hard to throw downfield when your line can't block for enough time to let a 15 yard route develop.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Whatís weird about Mitch is I remember reading after his rookie year, that he was one of the more accurate passers 15-20 yards downfield. Not sure what happened. He was pretty accurate in college too.
    It's between the ears. He can't decide whether he wants to throw the ball or aim the ball. He needs to get his **** together and just let it fly because I do believe he can put the ball on the money when he does.

Quote Originally Posted by giventofly View Post
    It's between the ears. He can't decide whether he wants to throw the ball or aim the ball. He needs to get his **** together and just let it fly because I do believe he can put the ball on the money when he does.

Thatís the problem. The between the ears stuff is hard to fix. You either have the ďlet it flyĒ gene, see: Jay cutler, or you donít. Hard to develop it and just as hard to taper it down. Again, see jay cutler lol

And just above the likes of Brissett and Rudolph (basically bottom 3 in the league) in completed air yards per completion & attempt.

Even for a game manager that's brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by giventofly View Post

His biggest issue is with being consistent.

I've seen him throw pretty passes and look completely wild on the next pass.
    I'm not sure how to fix that.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Just to play Devils Advocate here.... because the way some of you act Mitch deserves to be murdered. but anyway.

Bears were 3rd worst in the nfl in drops with 25. and it seems to me Cohen alone had maybe 12-15 of those. If you cut that in Half and give mitch 12 more completions he moves up to 65.5 which puts him right behind Mahomes and 12 in the nfl.

I swear you guys act like he is Miles off but its like you want him to fail. it makes me wonder even if we had rodgers if you guys would not find a way to complain .

I mean Mitch had a higher completion % than rodgers. im not saying he is better but you guys would still complain about it

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Just to play Devils Advocate here.... because the way some of you act Mitch deserves to be murdered. but anyway.

Bears were 3rd worst in the nfl in drops with 25. and it seems to me Cohen alone had maybe 12-15 of those. If you cut that in Half and give mitch 12 more completions he moves up to 65.5 which puts him right behind Mahomes and 12 in the nfl.

I swear you guys act like he is Miles off but its like you want him to fail. it makes me wonder even if we had rodgers if you guys would not find a way to complain .

I mean Mitch had a higher completion % than rodgers. im not saying he is better but you guys would still complain about it
    Well said and agree.

Right now, media is bagging on the lack of support for Rodgers. Basically saying that if he had more than Adams, they could have had a higher chance to make the SB. With that being said, do you feel that Mitch's cast is better than Rodgers cast? It's a fair comparison yet mitch takes all the heat and rodgers gets a pass. I know not apples to apples because Rodgers is far and away better, but it's not like mitch had an amazing lineup.

Look how **** rodgers played in the NFCC... because he was getting harrassed. Take away those two hail mary's he's famous for, had a pretty damn bad game. I can't remember the last time he throw 2int's and lost a fumble in a game.

ARob - 98r - 1,147y - 7Tds
    Cohen - 79r - 456y - 3Tds
    Miller - 52r - 656y - 2Tds
    Gabriel - 29r - 353y - 4Tds
    Montgomery - 25r - 185y - 1Td
    Wims - 18r - 186y - 1Td
    Burton - 14r - 84y - 0Tds

Adams - 83r - 997y - 5Tds
    Jones - 49r - 474y - 3Tds
    Williams- 39r - 253y - 5Tds
    Graham- 38r - 447y - 3Tds
    Lazard - 35r - 477y - 3Tds
    M VS- 26r - 452y - 2Tds
    Allison - 34r - 287y - 2Tds
    Lewis - 15r - 156y - 1Td

Would rodgers have gone to the SB with the bears line/team? Would mitch have boomed with Rodgers cast?

Disclaimer, Rodgers is far better, but the team makes a huge difference. plus, GB could run the ball....

Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    His biggest issue is with being consistent.

I've seen him throw pretty passes and look completely wild on the next pass.
    I'm not sure how to fix that.
    I obviously dont think it will happen, but his chance of being successful is definitely the Tannehill route.

Backup up job elsewhere and gets a chance just as tanny did because of mariota. Maybe something clicks with less pressure and more time to just sit back and learn.

It's so hard to fix mechanical issues but I would've thought having a blank canvas like Mitch gave it a chance.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Page 62 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast