Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 61 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daktothefuture View Post
    I see your points, nonetheless I don't see them bringing in anyone except for Mariota maybe, and that's just most likely going to yield the same results, I'm used to the Bears having a good year here and there and then going back to mediocrity or being completely awful, so I'll just go in with low expectations and hope he can somehow be who they drafted him to be, call me an optimist I guess.
    If all Pace does is bring in Mariota then he may as well resign. I can't imagine that's his only play leading into a season where he should be GM'ing for his job.

I'm pretty down on Pace myself, but he's always been aggressive. I didn't like what he said about Mitch in the postseason presser, but I gotta believe he realizes just running it back with Mitch is going to be another lost season.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    He canít read defenses. The same thing everyone *****es about with Mitch, rightfully so. Either way, my main point was that mcvay helps Goff as much as he could. Having your coach read the defense to you and give you cheat codes is less than ideal from your ďfranchise QBĒ but at least mcvay makes it easier for him. Nagy did that with Mitch during the redskins game but I donít recall him doing it afterwards.
    Goff's biggest problem is the receiver needs to clearly open, not that he can't read defenses.

Mitch can't even hit guys when they're open.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Goff's biggest problem is the receiver needs to clearly open, not that he can't read defenses.

Mitch can't even hit guys when they're open.
    Heís inconsistent with it for sure. When heís out of the pocket and doesnít have to worry about the OL getting worked, he tends to be accurate. But he definitely struggles within the pocket. I believe itís largely a footwork/timing issue. Iím hoping flip helps with that.

Heís inconsistent with it for sure. When heís out of the pocket and doesnít have to worry about the OL getting worked, he tends to be accurate. But he definitely struggles within the pocket. I believe itís largely a footwork/timing issue. Iím hoping flip helps with that.
    I'm hoping we don't waste another meaningful snap on Mitch.

I'm hoping we don't waste another meaningful snap on Mitch.
    You know thatís not going to happen.

You know thatís not going to happen.
    Eh. It's been said already, but I don't think Mitch's job is as safe as has been reflected just yet. It's disappointing Mitch is very likely entering the year as the starter, but I don't see it as being that unrealistic, maybe 1/5 odds that he's not the starter at all to begin 2020.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Eh. It's been said already, but I don't think Mitch's job is as safe as has been reflected just yet. It's disappointing Mitch is very likely entering the year as the starter, but I don't see it as being that unrealistic, maybe 1/5 odds that he's not the starter at all to begin 2020.
    I dont disagree with those odds. but i think odds are he is the Starter at training camp reguardless of who we bring in. Fact is he will be given a chance barring us signing Tom brady or something.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

2019/20 Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I dont disagree with those odds. but i think odds are he is the Starter at training camp reguardless of who we bring in. Fact is he will be given a chance barring us signing Tom brady or something.
    Yep. Unless they get Brady or give up money/assets for Foles perhaps, he is going to be the day 1 starter. I believe heíll have a short leash though. If heís still struggling the first couple of games, he may not get a third. Obviously this all depends on who the Bears bring in, but I believe they will be desperately looking for someone who could at least be average.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I think they're probably one of the front runners to at least be in on Dalton. That's all it takes to give Mitch the door.

I don't think anything is set in stone either way. At the very least there should be legitimate competition brought in, but I won't be too surprised if Pace makes a play for a clear cut starter. His job pretty much hinges on this offseason.

I don't think anything is set in stone either way. At the very least there should be legitimate competition brought in, but I won't be too surprised if Pace makes a play for a clear cut starter. His job pretty much hinges on this offseason.
    Does it though? Or will the FO let him draft another QB when they have all their picks? Not saying I agree one way or the other, but his seat may not be as hot as fans may think. Iíve heard that the FO really likes pace and Nagy and the energy theyíve built. I could see a scenario where the Bears go 8-8/9-7, and Pace is back the next year with an opportunity to draft/sign another QB.

Does it though? Or will the FO let him draft another QB when they have all their picks? Not saying I agree one way or the other, but his seat may not be as hot as fans may think. Iíve heard that the FO really likes pace and Nagy and the energy theyíve built. I could see a scenario where the Bears go 8-8/9-7, and Pace is back the next year with an opportunity to draft/sign another QB.
    I guess it's possible, but kinda hard to defend if you're the McCaskey family.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I think they're probably one of the front runners to at least be in on Dalton. That's all it takes to give Mitch the door.
    Mitch won't get the door. Too much invested in him to just give up

and as far as some of you guys and your Dramatics. Dalton was one of the few nfl startera with a Lower QBR than Mitch

This idea he is some sort of Upgrade.... I mean come on guys.

I mean No offense to anyone but im pretty sure I have heard Numerous here say Tannahill would be great. But why is it impossible to Fathom that Mitch could just need a little more time. That like Tannahill and Miami maybe some of you are giving up on Mitch too Quickly. I mean i won't deny he probably wont be a great QB.... but when i hear names like Dalton..... Foles..... And Tannahill brought up it makes me infuriated because these are not exactly good QB Upgrades. The fact is all of these guys are average at best. Meaning there are easily 15 or more QBs I would take over them. and the fact is every singe one is still the worst QB in our Division by Far.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 01-22-2020 at 11:51 PM.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

The pic Mitch threw in the Washington game Kyle long was pushed into Mitch which caused the boneheaded int that everyone blames on him. There was another game where he threw a pic because the lineman was pushed into him. Also 1 to 2 other pics were hell mary passes.

The line was horrible at the beginning of the season and got only slightly better during the second half of the season in which they still were horrible. Count that with a horrible run game and no TE's gives reason to believe not all is Mitch's fault.

People here are too down on Mitch. Would much rather have Mitch start the season than Foles (too injury prone), Dalton, Cam and Etc. Only QB that may hit FA that I would rather start the season is Brady or Rivers. I do agree if he does not take a leap this year they need to cut him. I say he plays about 6 games this season and it's sink or swim for him. This will be pretty much Mitch's 3rd season only. The 6 games under Fox to me really don't count.

Mitch, Nagy and Pace have a chance to right the ship. I think Mitch has it in him to be at least a top 12 QB with Nagy holding his hand. They just need time. They're all inexperienced but have shown flashes of good to great potential. If it doesn't work for Mitch so be it. But definitely like Nagy and Pace here for 2 more years and give Nagy another shot at a QB of his choice if Mitch doesn't work.

I think the bright spot of this team is Nagy even though he does seem hard headed at times he has that fire and passion in him I haven't seen in any of our previous coaches to win and I think with experience will only get better

Throwing nearly 100 times in 2 games against GB with Mitch as your QB. Yes, thatís as bad as Iíve ever seen it. Especially since both games were close. It was a trash game plan if you could even call it that.
    Remember when Cutler was sacked 9 times in the 1st half and we continued the empty set/deep dropbacks regardless of the brutal *** kicking we were being served.

I think you're falling victim to recency bias.

Page 61 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast