Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Star??? No..

Superstar?! Hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    yeahhhh....doesn't really seem like you watch the dude, or are just speaking from you feelings. I'm not a huge Booker fan but I can recognize that he's a willing and capable passer. Top 10 in AST% this past season, and is in the 88th percentile in points generated by assists and 89th percentile in potential assists. Want to say its his USG that inflates all his numbers? Fine, lets whittle down to production per 75 possessions, which is about league average. At this production rate he's still a 25/5/5 player on 56% TS. Booker's offense is legit. What its not is empty stats on a bad team. He's capable of being a quality piece, and on a team with better player development he could be a better all around player.
    My god i feel so sorry for you... You were probably a big time iverson fan werent you except booker will never be half as good.

You do realize what superstar means right? He will never be a top 20 player in this league... Hell I wouldnt put him top 25 because i value defense.... He is quite literally one of the worst defenders in basketball... not joking either. As good as you think his offense is it only makes him damn near a mediocre to slightly and i mean slightly above average player because of his horrid defense and his usg offensively... there is no argument for him as a star or even superstar... He is a good player on a **** team period.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 09-27-2019 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers + Giants View Post
    Star??? No..

Superstar?! Hell no.
    BOOM... my man knows his ****. I have 0 hate for the guy but he is so ****ing overrated its criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    MTM and I are probably the biggest critics of this guy. But it is deserved. He cares more about getting his and his individual matchup, sounds weird saying that since he plays zero defense.

Someone who watched Melo grow up in Denver, he needs a hard nose coach that doesnít play into the ********. Worst case you trade him off and get a ransom in return, and honestly this would be great for Phoenix long term.
    this and i hated melo basketball but booker and melo arent in the same convo... melo was legit when he was actually great... Booker isnt.. we are def his biggest critics but its warranted... He literally is such a massive minus defensively its insane... He just isnt worth it yet the league values him like a superstar which is insane to me is why the suns dont offer him up for a ****ing haul and they would get it... The suns legit should have traded him for Ball/Ingram/picks etc... they could probably even get more because the NBA front offices see 70 plus point game and jerk it.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    omfg please let the celtics trade for him lol.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    BOOM... my man knows his ****. I have 0 hate for the guy but he is so ****ing overrated its criminal.
    Most fans look at points and stop there.

Heís only 22 so yes he can. But he needs to get out of the dis function that is called the suns. He wonít improve there.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Most fans look at points and stop there.
    Don't forget the all important highlight reel. He has to score a lot, but he also has to look impressive doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Heís only 22 so yes he can. But he needs to get out of the dis function that is called the suns. He wonít improve there.
    When do you think is the cutoff age? I think it's this year turning 23. At 24 I feel had be pretty set in his bad habits.

My god i feel so sorry for you... You were probably a big time iverson fan werent you except booker will never be half as good.

You do realize what superstar means right? He will never be a top 20 player in this league... Hell I wouldnt put him top 25 because i value defense.... He is quite literally one of the worst defenders in basketball... not joking either. As good as you think his offense is it only makes him damn near a mediocre to slightly and i mean slightly above average player because of his horrid defense and his usg offensively... there is no argument for him as a star or even superstar... He is a good player on a **** team period.
    Lol I said he definitely wasn't going to be a superstar. Why you getting so emotional over this?

I think there's a decent chance he has a couple of all star appearances in his career. He's already in the top 20 in ORPM, which is strong enough to bring his overall RPM to a healthy .58 with 5.18 wins added. That's about on par with a slightly above average starter. He's only 22, with still plenty of time to grow. If Phoenix is smart they run their offense through Ayton, who is already their best player, and have Booker be the secondary piece. In a few years I don't think its a stretch to say that he be a playoff teams second best offensive player. I can dive further into Phoenix's player development woes as wellif you'd like, but I don't think it matters. You've already made up your mind, regardless of what facts or information is presented to you.

this and i hated melo basketball but booker and melo arent in the same convo... melo was legit when he was actually great... Booker isnt.. we are def his biggest critics but its warranted... He literally is such a massive minus defensively its insane... He just isnt worth it yet the league values him like a superstar which is insane to me is why the suns dont offer him up for a ****ing haul and they would get it... The suns legit should have traded him for Ball/Ingram/picks etc... they could probably even get more because the NBA front offices see 70 plus point game and jerk it.
    Dude what are you even talking about? Who, exactly, views Booker as a superstar? I haven't encountered anyone who thinks that. And you do realize that nearly every NBA Front Office at this point is driven by analytics? They don't give a **** about his 70 points. I think you're really far removed from how the NBA actually works. I've never seen someone so angry in a thread where we're just discussing a players ceiling that we all mostly agree on. Lol. Somehow you're still freaking out.

yeahhhh....doesn't really seem like you watch the dude, or are just speaking from you feelings. I'm not a huge Booker fan but I can recognize that he's a willing and capable passer. Top 10 in AST% this past season, and is in the 88th percentile in points generated by assists and 89th percentile in potential assists. Want to say its his USG that inflates all his numbers? Fine, lets whittle down to production per 75 possessions, which is about league average. At this production rate he's still a 25/5/5 player on 56% TS. Booker's offense is legit. What its not is empty stats on a bad team. He's capable of being a quality piece, and on a team with better player development he could be a better all around player.
    Offensively his numbers are inflated because everyone around him is not good. 56% is about league average. His turnover rate is at 12%.

Offensively analytic wise he is comparable to Buddy. Defensively probably the worst defender in the league. When you are a above average volume scorer as a number 1 option, the team is likely middle of the pack in offense, just so happens they are near the bottom. His team does him no favors either. But if you are considered a star in this league, your team doesnít have the worst record over the 4 year span since he entered the league.

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    Offensively his numbers are inflated because everyone around him is not good. 56% is about league average. His turnover rate is at 12%.

Offensively analytic wise he is comparable to Buddy. Defensively probably the worst defender in the league. When you are a above average volume scorer as a number 1 option, the team is likely middle of the pack in offense, just so happens they are near the bottom. His team does him no favors either. But if you are considered a star in this league, your team doesnít have the worst record over the 4 year span since he entered the league.
    Again, we can adjust for inflation, as I did, with his per 75 possessions. Even after adjusting for inflation his numbers hold up. 25/5/5 player on 56% TS. League average TS% is 53.5%. Also, not to split hairs but Trae Young is statistically the worst defender in the league lol.

Can Devin Booker be a superstar?

Again, we can adjust for inflation, as I did, with his per 75 possessions. Even after adjusting for inflation his numbers hold up. 25/5/5 player on 56% TS. League average TS% is 53.5%. Also, not to split hairs but Trae Young is statistically the worst defender in the league lol.
    Telling us what his numbers is when adjusted without telling up what average and top ten average was is kinda useless. Telling me he was 25/5/5 on per75 without context doesnít do much swaying.

And hereís the reason I bring this up: Bookers 56% TS vs 53.5% TS is brought up like it should matter. The average of the top 10 is roughly 65% TS. Even among just guards itís about 62% TS.
    Last edited by warfelg; 09-28-2019 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Telling us what his numbers is when adjusted without telling up what average and top ten average was is kinda useless. Telling me he was 25/5/5 on per75 without context doesnít do much swaying.

And hereís the reason I bring this up: Bookers 56% TS vs 53.5% TS is brought up like it should matter. The average of the top 10 is roughly 65% TS. Even among just guards itís about 62% TS.
    You mean top 10 players in the league? I don't even think Booker is a top 40 player in the league dude lol. I'm not trying to argue that he's elite in really anything, but to discount his offensive ability altogether is lazy analysis.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast