Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Week 4: Dallas Cowboys (3-0) at New Orleans Saints (2-1)

Code:
    Dallas Cowboys AT New Orleans Saints
    9/29/2019 1:00 PM EST
    Mercedes-Benz Super Dome

I feel without Brees, we have a good chance at doing some damage here.

If Brees was playing, we would probably get spanked.

Quote Originally Posted by DethRidesAHorse View Post
    I feel without Brees, we have a good chance at doing some damage here.

If Brees was playing, we would probably get spanked.
    Why? NO has not gone undefeated each year with Brees. If I Recall Correctly they have won exactly one title like a decade ago. Brees is not invincible.

I know he isn't, I just feel losing a great QB is always a blow to a team. I certainly don't think NO sucks, still a good team, still a blow to lose your QB and I don't think it will be much of a QB duel. Meh, I guess we will see. I am not too educated on NO back up, I don't know how he is (or even who he is, lol). Cowboys are great at disappointing, though.

I'm glad it's an NBC night game broadcast. I like the announcers on there better than the Fox guys.

Jason dumb *** Garrett out coached again what else is new big game conservative play calling no adjustments poor coaching dooms this team year in and year out. Maybe if we actually had a real GM who knew how to make intelligent decisions that actually benefits the team and puts them in position to succeed instead we get...Jason ****ing Garrett...thanks Jj and son...

Zeke 100% was down on that fumble call...huge play call that resulted in 3 pts for them. Also 2 very petty PI calls on Cooper. If you call that you need to call same stuff on Thomas who did same stuff.

Ultimately we lost to a backup QB on the road. That was loudest ive heard a staduim in some time. Wish Dallas fans were that loud. We are not as good as we thought. Saints defense is bottom in all categories and we made them look like a elite defense. We are not a contender 100%

Well, that game was disappointing. Oh well, my friends and I didn't have to deal with any Saints fans at the bar hahaha so we walked out with 0 heckling. On to next week.

Saints won the LOS and that is why they won. That and turnovers leading to 6, though time should have expired on that 1st and goal throw out of bounds, and zeke probably didnt fumble but there wasnt enough to over turn it. had it been ruled he was down they couldnt have reviewed and called it a fumble.

only problem i have with the officials in the game outside of the last offensive play before halftime. Was the PI on Amari late. I dont know when we started letting DB's keep their hands all over WR 30 yards down field and then call the offensive guy for doing the same thing. That was no call. you cant allow players to play and hand checking all over the field then call it late. Eagles won getting away with PI in their game and that wasnt reviewed or called. Still would have needed to make a 60 yard FG if they dont call that on Amari and everything still played out the same.

play calling was dog ****. Should have spread them out and threw quick passes after the first 20 runs showed that was not going to cut it.

Gallup may be the best WR on the team if the other guys can get open without him on the field.

we do really well offensively in the 3rd quarter, which is great, kind of what great nba teams do. lets try to score in the other quarters though too as there are four of them.

Gallup might have given the Cowboys more of an advantage than people thought. He was playing like the #1 target before he got injured. Can't really spread them out if it's not an advantage. Kellem Moore's playcalling is to be determined until he does it against a good team. They were crowning him, but he faced 3 bad teams in a row. I do think having Gallup back would make a big difference. You'd have too many to account for if it's Gallup and Cooper. They'd take up the best corners. Then it's a mismatch with the rest of the secondary. When he's back, I'd still say the receiving Corps is much faster and more explosive than in the past....Dez was slow as molasses and you'd have to throw him open or have only a small window of daylight to get him the ball. The other receivers had been 3rd string receivers. This was the game the Saints had circled from last year....they were embarrassed and definitely worked over time game planning for it. I would say that I didn't think it was wise to go for it on your own 44 in such a tight game early in the game where every point counts. Garrett thinks he's Sean Payton. You have to have a feel for when to make those calls. It's not just making gutsy calls. It's just one game though....long season. There have been a lot of games where results didn't go as expected. The Bucaneers scorched the Rams 55-40. The Browns beat the Ravens 40-25. At this point, can't really point and say well, team A beat Team B. And we beat Team A so we'd beat Team B.

With that said, Robert Quinn is looking really fast. He actually looks a lot better than the much more highly paid DLawrence. Quinn seemed to be speed rushing and getting there or disrupting some run or pass a half a dozen times and open up things for his teammates.

Yeah it was an ugly game for sure. We need to keep aggressive play calling. That is when we are at our best. Definitely lost in the trenches.

Also agree that fumble call was complete BS. It was also bad on that first OPI on cooper was a bad call

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Gallup might have given the Cowboys more of an advantage than people thought. He was playing like the #1 target before he got injured. Can't really spread them out if it's not an advantage. Kellem Moore's playcalling is to be determined until he does it against a good team. They were crowning him, but he faced 3 bad teams in a row. I do think having Gallup back would make a big difference. You'd have too many to account for if it's Gallup and Cooper. They'd take up the best corners. Then it's a mismatch with the rest of the secondary. When he's back, I'd still say the receiving Corps is much faster and more explosive than in the past....Dez was slow as molasses and you'd have to throw him open or have only a small window of daylight to get him the ball. The other receivers had been 3rd string receivers. This was the game the Saints had circled from last year....they were embarrassed and definitely worked over time game planning for it. I would say that I didn't think it was wise to go for it on your own 44 in such a tight game early in the game where every point counts. Garrett thinks he's Sean Payton. You have to have a feel for when to make those calls. It's not just making gutsy calls. It's just one game though....long season. There have been a lot of games where results didn't go as expected. The Bucaneers scorched the Rams 55-40. The Browns beat the Ravens 40-25. At this point, can't really point and say well, team A beat Team B. And we beat Team A so we'd beat Team B.

With that said, Robert Quinn is looking really fast. He actually looks a lot better than the much more highly paid DLawrence. Quinn seemed to be speed rushing and getting there or disrupting some run or pass a half a dozen times and open up things for his teammates.
    Plenty of chatter around DFW sports reporters that Garrett pulled back the reigns on Moore specifically calling for a conservative run heavy offense because they were playing on road in Superdome. Not surprising to me as Garrett has proven himself to be literally the worst game theory strategist in the league. Zeke is cannibalizing the more effective element of the game - Dak's passing. Also growing advanced analytics showing Zeke on a context adjusted basis isn't that great. Basically an average runner who is given a very heavy workload thus the high total yards. His first season he was spectacular at breaking tackles - this hasn't been the case in over a season and a half. It is time Garrett relinquish offensive strategy to Kellen and turn the game over to Dak, not Zeke

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Plenty of chatter around DFW sports reporters that Garrett pulled back the reigns on Moore specifically calling for a conservative run heavy offense because they were playing on road in Superdome. Not surprising to me as Garrett has proven himself to be literally the worst game theory strategist in the league. Zeke is cannibalizing the more effective element of the game - Dak's passing. Also growing advanced analytics showing Zeke on a context adjusted basis isn't that great. Basically an average runner who is given a very heavy workload thus the high total yards. His first season he was spectacular at breaking tackles - this hasn't been the case in over a season and a half. It is time Garrett relinquish offensive strategy to Kellen and turn the game over to Dak, not Zeke
    I groaned when Garrett called to go for it on that 4th and 1 right on the 44 yard line. With a game that close that could be decided on a field goal, it just puts undue strain on the defense. Zeke's an amazing runner, but I do favor the pass just because you need that to keep up with the league. The different analysts were breaking down the film and this Sundays receivers weren't really beating their coverages the way they had when Gallup was in there. Basically he created a mismatch. Because they didn't have enough corners to cover everyone. While it was a lot easier for the Saints to swarm the Cowboys. They lost by 2 in the hostile Superdome during a regular season game, so I'm not going to make too big of a deal out of it. I just want to see the offense bounce back and basically have the aerial assault. I hope Gallup is back soon. Kellem will have to prove he can adjust to coaches figuring out his schemes. I think he faced a much better coaching staff Sunday than the past 3 weeks. The defense was tremendous, so if the week 1-2 offense comes back to match, the team will be on a roll.