Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Cubs rest of season IGT

IGT for Final 6 games of season

Tonightís lineup vs PIT

https://twitter.com/cubs/status/1176...464899585?s=21

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Cubs bench coach Mark Loretta suspended 1 game for inappropriate conduct after a review from Sundayís game.

Will serve suspension tonight

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Woo hoo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/gdubcub/status/1...595402752?s=21

Why not just let him be done the rest of the season. I guess they are still hoping for a WC game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasons over. Let Javi take the rest of the year. No reason to play any longer. He could end up doing real damage. And there is no sense in that. YUCK, what a ****** ending. Hate that they are playing without any playoff hope (realistically). This has not been the case since the end of 2014. I guess on the bright side, I will not be lose sleep this October. No need to stay up late to watch a game.

Cubs rest of season IGT

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Seasons over. Let Javi take the rest of the year. No reason to play any longer. He could end up doing real damage. And there is no sense in that. YUCK, what a ****** ending. Hate that they are playing without any playoff hope (realistically). This has not been the case since the end of 2014. I guess on the bright side, I will not be lose sleep this October. No need to stay up late to watch a game.
    Same here. I will watch what I want this October but at least my hair wonít be going white. And tbh, I donít even want the possibility of a wildcard game, division series this year. I donít want the FO to think we need minor adjustments in the offseason if we luck into a win or two or a series loss where the games are kept close.

Screw that, finish 3rd in the division and letís see what this FO is made of when the team has their worst finish to a year since 2014. I would even say lose the last 6 games and get as high of a pick, in the next so called super draft, as possible.
    Last edited by JHBulls; 09-24-2019 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    Same here. I will watch what I want this October but at least my hair wonít be going white. And tbh, I donít even want the possibility of a wildcard game, division series this year. I donít want the FO to think we need minor adjustments in the offseason if we luck into a win or two or a series loss where the games are kept close.

Screw that, finish 3rd in the division and letís see what this FO is made of when the team has their worst finish to a year since 2014. I would even say lose the last 6 games and get as high of a pick, in the next so called super draft, as possible.
    I totally get it. I am going to be a little bit relieved when we aren't getting slapped around by the dodgers in the NLDS. BUT, the homer in me says... well the reds aren't bad and anything can happen in Colorado... lol

I was so much more excited after 2014 with a 73-89 record than I feel now. In 2014, we could hear the latches getting unlocked to open the window. This year I hear the window closing.

I miss all the moves in the rebuild. I miss draft day. I miss following the minors as much, if not more than the Cubs. I will be very disappointed if there's not some major movement this off season. I don't care what direction they want to go in, it just has to be different than this one.

I hope draft day is never a focal point of the season ever again. It means that the team sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by BearDown1223 View Post
    I totally get it. I am going to be a little bit relieved when we aren't getting slapped around by the dodgers in the NLDS. BUT, the homer in me says... well the reds aren't bad and anything can happen in Colorado... lol
    It would be a hell of a great escape job but postseason hopes are gone. 4 behind Brewers and 5 behind Nationals, Cubs need to go 6-0 and the other two teams finish with 1 or no wins. Not happening.

the best thing that happened this month was the Cubs being forced to bring up and play Hoerner everyday because of injuries to Russell and Baez..

Him getting this opportunity and playing well just may have sewed up a position of need that now wont need to be addressed in the offseason.

2B and maybe even the leadoff spot

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    the best thing that happened this month was the Cubs being forced to bring up and play Hoerner everyday because of injuries to Russell and Baez..

Him getting this opportunity and playing well just may have sewed up a position of need that now wont need to be addressed in the offseason.

2B and maybe even the leadoff spot
    And even that is **** because doesnít he lose a year of control for what amounted to a missed postseason run.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    And even that is **** because doesnít he lose a year of control for what amounted to a missed postseason run.
    The idea of control might not matter much heading forward. The new CBA is looming and that might get rectified. The Cubs may also attempt to approach him with a deal like we've seen signed recently by players like Jimenez, Acuna, Kingery and others who signed deals early.

I'm not very worried about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    The idea of control might not matter much heading forward. The new CBA is looming and that might get rectified. The Cubs may also attempt to approach him with a deal like we've seen signed recently by players like Jimenez, Acuna, Kingery and others who signed deals early.

I'm not very worried about it.
    I see. I hope we do extend him.

And today sums up the second half. Canít score more than a run by the 7th and now itís 1-1 with a big chance to lose.

Well... ****!

5-1.

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast