Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Cubs rest of season IGT

Quote Originally Posted by chi-townlove1 View Post
    Hey there, I am actually the one coming in hot and claiming I am 100% for the owners and don't like the players viewpoints.

BUT, I will say this. I don't truly know the actual breakdown of profit, revenue, and how much the owners keep and the players get. But, my take on it - stop with the 300 million dollar contracts. If you want more money to the players, start paying triple A players who spend their lives on the road in coach buses more than 100k. Increase salaries elsewhere, rather than just the cream of the crop. The Stantons and Harpers and Bryants don't need anymore money. So, that line should never be set where they say - yes, Bryce, you are worth $320 million to us. Because he just isn't, just no. But, spread the wealth around. More for tier 2 players. Maybe expand the rosters to 30 and allow for more availability. This honestly makes the game more exciting in my opinion. More options for backups, pinch runners, etc. More money still going into the pockets of the players - just not the top players only. and again, PAY THE MINOR LEAGUERS MORE. I make more than a lot of them, and don't have to do nearly as much travel or dedication.
    You are all over the place. ďIím 100% for owners...spread wealth around...pay the minor league players more....add more players...Ē

You just donít like superstars getting paid like superstars. Ok. Thatís dumb, but whatever. Yes, pay the minor leaguers and prearb players better. That should happen. The players who get to FA get what the market allows. Itís not a true free market, but itís as close as youíll get when all the teams share ownership in the league. If you want to side with billionaires over millionaires in the upcoming CBA battle, go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    You are all over the place. ďIím 100% for owners...spread wealth around...pay the minor league players more....add more players...Ē

You just donít like superstars getting paid like superstars. Ok. Thatís dumb, but whatever. Yes, pay the minor leaguers and prearb players better. That should happen. The players who get to FA get what the market allows. Itís not a true free market, but itís as close as youíll get when all the teams share ownership in the league. If you want to side with billionaires over millionaires in the upcoming CBA battle, go ahead.
    I am clearly stating I am 100% for the owners mentality that they shouldn't have to continue raising these players salaries into the 30 and 40 million per year range. In turn, this increases low level players pay to a rate that is is irrational, for what they provide to a team. But, when I say spread the wealth around, I mean pay more players (raise the minimum on MLB rosters, pay minor leagues more, etc.). You are also spot on with Arbitration. A player in the MLB shouldn't be on the same contract for, what, 7 years? Insanity. A healthy balance of revenue around the league is fine.

You can't tell me I don't like superstars getting paid like "superstars". I legitimately said pay Bryant $250 million dollars over 10 years. That is superstar money, clearly. I just am not on board for continuously raising the contracts to unexplainable price points. I just don't like the owners being punished because they're rich. They got rich by doing certain things, can't fault them for it. If they set a dollar amount as a maximum value for a player, I wish it would just stay there. If the player chooses to "holdout", *****, complain, etc. etc. Then that is their prerogative.

Cubs rest of season IGT

I am clearly stating I am 100% for the owners mentality that they shouldn't have to continue raising these players salaries into the 30 and 40 million per year range. In turn, this increases low level players pay to a rate that is is irrational, for what they provide to a team. But, when I say spread the wealth around, I mean pay more players (raise the minimum on MLB rosters, pay minor leagues more, etc.). You are also spot on with Arbitration. A player in the MLB shouldn't be on the same contract for, what, 7 years? Insanity. A healthy balance of revenue around the league is fine.

You can't tell me I don't like superstars getting paid like "superstars". I legitimately said pay Bryant $250 million dollars over 10 years. That is superstar money, clearly. I just am not on board for continuously raising the contracts to unexplainable price points. I just don't like the owners being punished because they're rich. They got rich by doing certain things, can't fault them for it. If they set a dollar amount as a maximum value for a player, I wish it would just stay there. If the player chooses to "holdout", *****, complain, etc. etc. Then that is their prerogative.
    Mostly by being born. The Cubs owners literally had their parents buy the team for them. If you feel the Ricketts kids earn their share of profits more than Kris Bryant earns his share, well I think you are 100% wrong. Any faceless billionaire can do what the Ricketts do. Thereís only so many Kris Bryantís.

So you are anti-inflation and wage increases. Ok. Thatís even dumber than I originally thought.

Revenues go up, players pay should go up proportionally or near proportionally. If you want to argue for max contracts, go for it, but Iím guessing you donít like the impact max contracts have had on the NBA. Iím gonna guess you consider yourself a free market capitalist, so let the market determine the pay of the players.

Also, I literally laughed out loud at the idea that you think the owners are being ďpunishedĒ by paying for contracts that they sign.
    Last edited by CP_414; 09-27-2019 at 04:56 PM.

On a totally separate topic - for what it's worth - Rosenthal says Maddon is gone (I think this was widely expected)

https://www.12up.com/posts/cubs-repo...0-01dnsshfn5p0

I'd rather not trade Kris in the NL

On a per season basis I have zero point zero problem with free agents getting more and more money. When youíre an impact player you deserve to see your salary rise close to proportionally with the rise in revenue.

My problem is with contracts that extend into a players mid to late 30 seasons. A player age 35 and older likely wonít be worth 20 or more million per year.

We saw collusion deemed illegal in the mid 80s with mlb owners. But it boggles my mind that owners wonít put their foots down and only extend contracts to mid to late 20s superstars into age 33 or 34.

If all the owners could show this level of discipline the days of Cano or Machado deals would be over. Essentially contracts are being given with the knowledge that in the second half the returns will not come close to equaling the investment. Thatís just plain idiotic.

Who says no:
    Bryant and Q for Syndergaard, Diaz, Lugo

Mets get a 2 years of superstar and a short term replacement for Syndergaard (sort of).

Cubs get 2 years of Syndergaard, 2 potentially elite relievers with team control, save about $10 mil in 2020 they can add to the $30 mil or so they should have available for free agents.
    I guess it depends on who replaces KB at third if the Cubs managed to pull this trade off. If you can land a guy like Rendon or even Donaldson then probably but if it is somebody like Bote playing third, then no.
    Screw sabermetics.

On a totally separate topic - for what it's worth - Rosenthal says Maddon is gone (I think this was widely expected)

https://www.12up.com/posts/cubs-repo...0-01dnsshfn5p0
    Meh, weíve all been saying the same thing on here. Rosenthal is just saying what is logical.

Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    What about everyone's favorite guy last year Haniger as a buy low candidate this year?
    Not any good defensively. Might as well sign Donaldson and move Bryant to CF.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    I guess it depends on who replaces KB at third if the Cubs managed to pull this trade off. If you can land a guy like Rendon or even Donaldson then probably but if it is somebody like Bote playing third, then no.
    The more I think about it, the more I want Rendon. If somehow we could make the money work, we should be all over him. He might have a preference of where he wants to play, or he might go to the highest bidder, idk but I want him. Heís the exact type of bat we need.

Donít get me wrong Donaldson is a heck of a player too, but Rendon is on a whole different level. Donaldson has struck out 155 times this year compared to Rendon striking out only 84 times. That alone tells you what kind of hitter Rendon is. All the other stats are just is good. Plus AR will be playing next year at 29 years old and JD will be 34. I understand they are getting totally different contracts, but AR is the clear answer for a more contact oriented approach we are looking to add moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although complicated, a 3 team trade involving Indians, Cubs, filler- Cubs get Lindor, filler gets Contreras, Indians get prospects. Obviously have to sign Lindor long term, but I'd imagine he's available. There's your leadoff hitter so I can stop ****ing hearing about it.

I think Bryant walks when given the chance so might as well trade him now. Ideally for a young CF near MLB ready and pitching prospects.

Baez, Lindor, Hoerner, Rizzo would be sick.

Albert, why can't you just hit man? That glove is so beautiful.
    Chicago Cubs ē Chicago Blackhawks ē Buffalo Bills ē Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka ē Angelique Kerber ē Bianca Andreescu

Iím expecting to hear this from the Cubs in the next year, if not the next month.

https://twitter.com/chriscotillo/sta...143446016?s=21

Iím expecting to hear this from the Cubs in the next year, if not the next month.

https://twitter.com/chriscotillo/sta...143446016?s=21
    Idk how they plan on doing it. I guess they are hoping JD opts out of his contract. Maybe they try to deal Price but they would have to eat a ton of money on that. Sale and Bogaerts are locked up. Betts will get another hefty raise in arbitration. They are in as bad or probably worse shape than we are really. They need a bunch of pitching... starters and relievers and their holes are really bad where they do have holes; C, 1b, 2b, and CF comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Albert, why can't you just hit man? That glove is so beautiful.
    I mean that was a great catch and all but he doesnít rate good this year with the glove. Like really bad... -5 DRS. He gets terrible reads and takes bad routes and it has caught up with him this year.

Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast