TBD vs TBD

Game 3
    TBD vs TBD

Game 4*
    TBD vs TBD

Game 5*
    TBD vs TBD

* If necessary

Quick update, apparently we can't call the Nationals the G.I.NATS! So no one do that, or fans of other teams will get upset.
    Last edited by ciaban2.0; 10-03-2019 at 01:41 AM.

I want the Cardinals to beat the Braves, not only because they are the easier matchup, but also to get some revenge on the Cardinals.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Over 40 years ago, as a little kid, I sat and watched the '77 World Series between the Dodgers and the Yankees. The Dodger players were my heroes...Garvey, Cey, Lopes, Russell, Yeager, Smith, etc. etc. We were a fun team to watch - so many different players contributed to the effort, and the organization as a whole was in the top tier of all clubs. The Dodgers had their way of playing baseball, their way of taking care of the team and staff. The clubhouse, the food, the environment was all first class and it was a big deal to be a Dodger. I watched them lose that series against the smug Yankees, and again the next year. I hated the Yankees, and still do - The Dodgers were the good guys in my world and I loved them more than ever and couldn't wait for them to get back to the WS to get another shot.

Unbelievably it happened again a few years later when we faced the Yankees one more time, and got the outcome we wanted. A lot of the same players were still around, and a handful of new ones (Fernando was a legend in the making).

Here we are again, after two straight WS losses, beginning the playoff season, the real season for this team, regardless of what happened the rest of the year, we have all been waiting for this. I am nervous like I am always am during the playoffs, confident in our roster and team, but aware that anything can turn the tide and that any opponent can knock you out in this sport, especially in the shorter series. What makes me feel good, is the state of the Dodgers. They are reloading, year after year, flooded with talent at all levels. Free agents want to be Dodgers. Current players want to re-sign with the team. As a fan, I know my team will be there, year in and year out, and I'll get the chance to feel nervous and excited and pumped up for the playoffs.

I'll be pissed off if we don't finish this, and hugely disappointed if some of the guys on this team (Kershaw, Jansen, Turner, etc.) don't get to win one together after coming so close. What I won't do is stop loving this team. I literally have a lifetime of memories that most fans would be envious of because they don't have the Dodgers' history and are not in the current state that our team is in. We may get beat, but I'll say it now before all the games begin here in the postseason...no one is going roll over us. We are talented, prepared, experienced, and the entire organization knows this all about unfinished business.

Go Dodgers!

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    I want the Cardinals to beat the Braves, not only because they are the easier matchup, but also to get some revenge on the Cardinals.
    I am with you on this. I think we match up well against both teams in a long series, and our depth cannot be underestimated in that regard. Would love the opportunity to send the Cardinals home.

Actually, I am more worried about the NLDS and the Nats lineup. While they always seem to disappoint at playoff time, they do, on paper, have a ton of talent. It makes you appreciate the chemistry and unity our team has - so many different faces rotating through the lineups and active rosters over the last few years, but the Dodgers seem to keep it together as a team and pull for the same goal - not sure the Nats have that. I thought it was interesting after the Nats comeback win against the Brewers, they seemed to feel a real monkey was off their backs. Zim others even talked about getting over the hump. Personally, I'd rather hear what the Dodgers are saying in that they are no where near finished, and they have one goal in mind. No one on this team, at least in my observation, is acting like we have arrived. I like the hunger.

Why is gonsolin not on the roster

Your baby can't do this

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    That's a really good question.
    Especially if they're unsure about Joe Kelly.

Looks like the nats are pitching strasburg in game 2 on two days rest

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    That's a really good question.
    Especially if they're unsure about Joe Kelly.
    Iím higher on dustin mays potential going forward but right now I think Iíd rather have gonsolin in there. May has been really on and really off in his short time with the dodgers. That being said, May hasnít allowed a run in his last 10 innings so maybe they just went with the hotter hand at the moment.

Your baby can't do this

Pollac leading off and their hottest hitter batting 7th. I get the righty lefty thing but Iíd show Seager a little more respect then that . But hopefully the 2 veteran righties batting 1 and 2 will set the stage . Neither Frees or Pollac have much speed is the only concern .

Here's to going all the way up! Go Dodgers!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

Iím higher on dustin mays potential going forward but right now I think Iíd rather have gonsolin in there. May has been really on and really off in his short time with the dodgers. That being said, May hasnít allowed a run in his last 10 innings so maybe they just went with the hotter hand at the moment.
    Yeah May has been filthy I think it may have been them liking him more out of the bullpen then gonsolin I think If Hill couldnít go Gonsolin would have been the game 4 starter

Quote Originally Posted by sonofdad View Post
    Over 40 years ago, as a little kid, I sat and watched the '77 World Series between the Dodgers and the Yankees. The Dodger players were my heroes...Garvey, Cey, Lopes, Russell, Yeager, Smith, etc. etc. We were a fun team to watch - so many different players contributed to the effort, and the organization as a whole was in the top tier of all clubs. The Dodgers had their way of playing baseball, their way of taking care of the team and staff. The clubhouse, the food, the environment was all first class and it was a big deal to be a Dodger. I watched them lose that series against the smug Yankees, and again the next year. I hated the Yankees, and still do - The Dodgers were the good guys in my world and I loved them more than ever and couldn't wait for them to get back to the WS to get another shot.

Unbelievably it happened again a few years later when we faced the Yankees one more time, and got the outcome we wanted. A lot of the same players were still around, and a handful of new ones (Fernando was a legend in the making).

Here we are again, after two straight WS losses, beginning the playoff season, the real season for this team, regardless of what happened the rest of the year, we have all been waiting for this. I am nervous like I am always am during the playoffs, confident in our roster and team, but aware that anything can turn the tide and that any opponent can knock you out in this sport, especially in the shorter series. What makes me feel good, is the state of the Dodgers. They are reloading, year after year, flooded with talent at all levels. Free agents want to be Dodgers. Current players want to re-sign with the team. As a fan, I know my team will be there, year in and year out, and I'll get the chance to feel nervous and excited and pumped up for the playoffs.

I'll be pissed off if we don't finish this, and hugely disappointed if some of the guys on this team (Kershaw, Jansen, Turner, etc.) don't get to win one together after coming so close. What I won't do is stop loving this team. I literally have a lifetime of memories that most fans would be envious of because they don't have the Dodgers' history and are not in the current state that our team is in. We may get beat, but I'll say it now before all the games begin here in the postseason...no one is going roll over us. We are talented, prepared, experienced, and the entire organization knows this all about unfinished business.

Go Dodgers!
    Right on...Agree with all of this. Right on the money!

We went with Lux instead. I think it came down to having lux on the roster or another pitcher.

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast