Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

MLB Mock or MLB Re-Draft Interest

Hey guys, I was looking to see if we could gather enough interest in an MLB mock or an MLB re-draft. Re-drafts are simple, all the players in the MLB are available to be drafted. We randomize draft order and GMs construct a team.

A mock is a lot more complicated where we take over an MLB team and simulate the mock offseason with a couple of stipulations. With baseball, we could have an interesting set up due to farm systems being available. If we can generate enough interest, a mock would be unreal. If we generate just enough, a re-draft is doable.

List so far:

1) TO Rapz
    2) KJ
    3) Soxtober
    4) Pittz
    5) Thawv
    6) Super
    7) DaSox
    8) ThomasTomasz
    9) VCaintdead
    10) Baller
    11) Koldjerky
    Last edited by TO Rapz; 09-26-2019 at 12:46 PM.

I thought you didn't have time?

I am in for either though

Quote Originally Posted by Killerjug View Post
    I thought you didn't have time?

I am in for either though
    As you can see, I don't have time. Tell your friends!

I make 3. But only if Super is running it. Or if you give me free rides in your Uber if Iím ever in the Toronto Area

TO what are you doing

I'd be in for a redraft, hopefully there's enough interest.

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    TO what are you doing
    Seeing if theres enough interest. Wana play?

Please explain what a redraft league is. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Please explain what a redraft league is. Thanks.
    Every single player thats currently playing in the MLB or in the minors is a free agent. Say we get 20 GMs to sign up. Ill randomize from 1-20. Say you get #3. That means you pick 3rd overall. Say I get #6. That means I pick 6th overall. And so, a draft order is determined from 1-20. Its snake style, so 1st overall pick in round 1 will select last overall in round 2, and the pattern repeats.

Each roster will be: 5 SP, 6-8 RP, 4 INF, 3 OF, 1 C, 4 guys on the bench. Thus 23-25 rounds of picks.

is this for the 2020 season? and what platform are you using?

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...FA-Then-starts

^ Here is an example of how it would work. So you have the GM name "Wrench" who picked the player "Kawhi Leonard" at 1st overall in the 1st round. Its a snake style, so GM "Wrench" picked last in the 2nd round. As such, GMs Jam/PSK picked last in the 1st round and picked 1st in the 2nd round.

When picking players, its based on their overall value. So its completely upto you how much you value their previous experience. For example, Otani only has two seasons in the league vs Jose Abreu who's been in the league since 2014. Who do you pick? There's multiple factors: a) How good is Otani right now vs how good is Abreu right now? b) Sample size of success - who's been good for how long, who can I trust more next year? c) Salary - we will play with a salary cap, d) position of need - maybe you already have a 1B.

So you have to pick 25 guys with a salary cap to keep in mind. The salary cap number will be decided at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    Every single player thats currently playing in the MLB or in the minors is a free agent. Say we get 20 GMs to sign up. Ill randomize from 1-20. Say you get #3. That means you pick 3rd overall. Say I get #6. That means I pick 6th overall. And so, a draft order is determined from 1-20. Its snake style, so 1st overall pick in round 1 will select last overall in round 2, and the pattern repeats.

Each roster will be: 5 SP, 6-8 RP, 4 INF, 3 OF, 1 C, 4 guys on the bench. Thus 23-25 rounds of picks.
    How do you determine a winner?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    How do you determine a winner?
    All GM's rank the teams on a first to last basis not including themselves. Then the top 16/20 teams will make it or something along those lines based on total votes. Then playoff seeding will be done based on rankings at which point individual matchups are posted in the MLB main forum for everyone to vote for. Like your rotation, pen, lineup info is kept in one post in a clubhouse thread which is copied over for the playoff matchup thread postings in the main forum.

I still have the forums from the old mock offseason hidden away. I thought with the Bryce Harper/Manny Machado off-season, people would want to do the mock offseason but we got no interest, nor did we do a redraft.

I'm happy to play either game if we can get enough people.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I still have the forums from the old mock offseason hidden away. I thought with the Bryce Harper/Manny Machado off-season, people would want to do the mock offseason but we got no interest, nor did we do a redraft.

I'm happy to play either game if we can get enough people.
    go finish your NBA re-draft team

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast